Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Confused about something, BC related
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Not sure if this is the right forum...Anyhow...I started the mini-pill about 12 days ago, so I'm halfway through the cycle of pills (my first month) and I've noticed an increase in normal discharge. Which I suppose is a good thing, right? Means the pill is probably starting to work. I'm BF exclusively and still haven't started AF. So I'm wondering, when I'm done with this pack of pills, do you think I will start AF? Is it possible to be on the pill and still not get AF? I always thought it regulated your cycles so that you always started at the same time, that's how it worked for me in the past. But since I'm BF, I still may not get AF back even on the pill. I'm so confused. How do I know if I'm late then????????? unsure.gif

Also, don't you have to wait a whole month of being on the pill before not using backup contraceptive? We used condoms the other night as backup, but I know DH is anxiously waiting to be condom free...me too. blush.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Paprikash
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,335

My understanding is that the AF you get when you are on the pill is not a genuine AF. A genuine AF is caused by ovulation and the hormone response from no fertilization, which you don't have when you are on the pill. The AF you get when you are on the pill is just caused by the removal of progesterone from your system. Some women aren't as sensitive to the removal of progesterone so they don't get the "AF."

My understanding is with the new pills you don't need to wait a whole month, but I think you should check with your doctor. The package insert usually has some info too.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (Paprikash @ Feb 16 2007, 12:16 PM)
My understanding is that the AF you get when you are on the pill is not a genuine AF. A genuine AF is caused by ovulation and the hormone response from no fertilization, which you don't have when you are on the pill. The AF you get when you are on the pill is just caused by the removal of progesterone from your system. Some women aren't as sensitive to the removal of progesterone so they don't get the "AF."

My understanding is with the new pills you don't need to wait a whole month, but I think you should check with your doctor. The package insert usually has some info too.

Thanks! This is good info! I threw away the insert. But I figure I'll just wait a good month just to be on the safe side.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

KingMom
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,200

My doc did put me on the mini pill also, she did say it's possible for me to continue with no AF, so far that's true and I've been on it for a couple of months.

Also - she did tell me to use extra protection for a month. She may have been being cautious though!

--------------------
user posted image
[/url]

user posted image

user posted image
[/url]
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]