Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Allbuterol
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

is bad when taken at midnight.

I've been fighting off a cold for 4 days now and last night DH asked me to go to the hospital because he could hear me wheezing in between coughing fits. So I did. I got an allbuterol puffer, some incredible cough syrup and a zpac for my "severe upper respritory infection".

So I stop by the pharmacy and get my scripts filled and head home to take my meds. I try the puffer first since my chest tightness was the most uncomfortable. Well, that worked great but I was up until 6 am. I mean wide awake and jittery yet still feeling like poo. sad.gif Of course, I was too freaked out to take the cold meds until the allbuterol was out of my system so at 7am, when K came in to tell me to come look at the beautiful sunrise love2.gif I took the cough syrup and passed out until 11. Much beter now.

I rarely take any meds so the whole thing had me a little freaked out. blink.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

What a rough night hug.gif I hope you start feeling better soon.

I hated it when the kids were on Allbuterol regularly, no matter how I tried to time their doses it inevitably had them jittery and wired at bed time wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I have found that for my relatively mild asthma just a little bit of the albuterol relieves the tightness without the jitters. I spray it in front of my mouth and just kind of suck in the air. I don't know if that would work for more severe asthma or other respiratory illnesses but it is worth a try!

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

MoonMama
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

I take it when need be for asthma. And yes it will do that, and if your not used to it, it can be a little freaky. I would try to take it earlier, also when I was younger and had a bout and needed it my mom would fallow it up with Sleepy Time tea. The tea and heat from it would help relax and calm me down and I was able to sleep better. Not to mention the heat helped open me up some, also a bit of fresh mint in it helps with the chest tightness a bit and always helped me relax more. hug.gif hug.gif I hope you feel better soon. hug.gif
PM
julesmom
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 323

My 9yr old is battling an upper respitory thing right now and his asthma is crazy.
He is having such a time with the cough that he finds it easier to use the albuterol in the nebulizer. He is doing this about every 4hrs.
Then he is like this groupwave.gif yak.gif djdance.gif cheerleader.gif greenapple.gif and
dh and I are like this wacko.gif blink.gif banghead.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (julesmom @ Feb 2 2008, 04:57 PM)
Then he is like this groupwave.gif yak.gif djdance.gif cheerleader.gif greenapple.gif and
dh and I are like this wacko.gif blink.gif banghead.gif

ROFL..........so true rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
austins mom
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 19,839

I have seen that with people. If you are still having the issue where you need the inhallor go see your dr and have him put you on Xopnex. That is much better.
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Feb 3 2008, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Yeah, Cary, that med is less than desirable for people with revved up nervous systems. I'd be in big trouble if I had asthma. There must be some other version for people like us.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Feb 3 2008, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I've seen Lisa stay up half the night after a late hit of Albuterol. It'll definitely rev up your nervous system. I hope you don't have many occasions to use it at all, let alone late at night.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Jamison'smama
Posted: Feb 3 2008, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

I recommend Xopenex--all the relief of Albuteral without the jittery feelings Jamison takes it doesn't bounce off the walls. Costs more but is really great medicine. I took it with my recent upper respritory infection--along with some wonderful cough syrup too---oh and a 5 day dose of steroid. If you didn't get that, I recommend you request it. I felt better instantly!

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0185 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]