Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Putting weaning on hold
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

With all the sickness that's going around our area right now, it just doesn't seem like a good time. I don't know how much it will help Allie to keep breastfeeding for now, but I'll do anything to get her through this healthy! wacko.gif I'm really not nursing her so much right now anyways... well during the day anyways. rolleyes.gif She's only be nursing twice a day - once before her nap and once at bedtime. But she still is waking up 3 times at night and nursing each time - seems kind of excessive for a one year old, and I'm pretty tired of not getting good sleep at night, but oh well for now. rolleyes.gif happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Is there any way you could try and wean her at night only, so she's still getting the benefits during the day? Maybe have your DH go to her when she wakes up and try to soothe her some other way?
PMEmail Poster
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

I think that's a great idea to keep nursing her through the flu season anyway. You're giving her a LOT of benefits still:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-benefits.html

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM

A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif Your such a good mommy!!! I hope ya'll make it through all the sickness without getting sick!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Thanks. happy.gif So far we haven't had anything serious. Andrew started running a fever a couple days after Lissie (Jennifer's daughter) got influenza, but his only topped out at a little over 103 and he didn't have any other symptoms other than a little bit of a runny nose. Allie had a slight fever yesterday, but she had diarrhea so it was probably from that. Dh was home with a stomach but too all day yesterday... I had that last Thursday and believe me I do NOT want it again! tongue.gif

A lot of people that we know and that Dh works with have either had influenza, a stomach virus, or both lately. We've had a bunch of colds and stomach bugs ourselves this season, despite hardly ever going anywhere. rolleyes.gif So yeah I'll try again with weaning Allie when it all seems to be over. Pretty soon it will be warm enough to play outside in the sun too, and I'm sure the vitamin D will help a lot with staying healthy. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 15 2008, 09:26 AM)
I think that's a great idea to keep nursing her through the flu season anyway.  You're giving her a LOT of benefits still:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-benefits.html

Oh I know that she is still benefiting from breastfeeding, I just meant that I don't know if my not weaning her right now will keep her from actually getting what's going around. She has certainly had her share of illness since she was born, despite being breastfed! Sometimes I wonder if my milk is defective or something. rolleyes.gif But on the chance that it will help, or at least keep it mild if she does get sick, I'll keep going for now. happy.gif

edited for typo. wink.gif

This post has been edited by ~Roo'sMama~ on Mar 15 2008, 10:43 AM

--------------------

PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Mar 15 2008, 01:38 PM)

A lot of people that we know and that Dh works with have either had influenza, a stomach virus, or both lately. We've had a bunch of colds and stomach bugs ourselves this season, despite hardly ever going anywhere. rolleyes.gif So yeah I'll try again with weaning Allie when it all seems to be over. Pretty soon it will be warm enough to play outside in the sun too, and I'm sure the vitamin D will help a lot with staying healthy. happy.gif

oh no doubt and some of the WEIRDEST stomach bugs are going around too.. its been so strange this year!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Mar 15 2008, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Mar 15 2008, 01:38 PM)

A lot of people that we know and that Dh works with have either had influenza, a stomach virus, or both lately.  We've had a bunch of colds and stomach bugs ourselves this season, despite hardly ever going anywhere. rolleyes.gif  So yeah I'll try again with weaning Allie when it all seems to be over.  Pretty soon it will be warm enough to play outside in the sun too, and I'm sure the vitamin D will help a lot with staying healthy.  happy.gif

oh no doubt and some of the WEIRDEST stomach bugs are going around too.. its been so strange this year!!!

Yes it has! wacko.gif I'll be so glad when this season is over!!

--------------------

PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0112 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]