Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Caitlyn Paige's birth story!
Lollie
  Posted: Feb 6 2005, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Hi Mommies... wavey.gif

Here is the birth story of our new arrival! wub.gif

Thursday night,3 Feb,I woke up at about 2am feeling alot of pressure and thinking that I may have another false labour coming on,the braxton hicks contractions were very strong!I walked around a bit trying to relieve the pressure and decided to have a warm bath to see if that would help.It did a litte.Devlin woke up while I was in the bath and he was ready to ship me off to the hospital but I told him Im ok.So we went back to bed.

Bri woke up at 5am Friday morning to breastfeed and as I jumped out of bed I felt a strong contraction that I had to lay down for a while.My back was aching sooo bad!! So I got up,fed Bri and then I tried to keep busy and make breakfast and hope the pains go away...well!!

At about 7:30 am I was hit with another strong contraction which was worse than the previous! I sat down and called Devlin.He came rushing and then we noticed a trickle down my leg.We were still kidding saying that I cant control my bladder anymore and then a bit more came down and I told Devlin that I dont think I pee'd myself,and that I thought my waters had broken! Thats when Devlin went into full mode panic!!!!

He called my mum up to come quickly,he thought I would give birth at home and he wasnt prepared to deliver her!!LOL My mum was there in record time and she made me have another warm bath.By this time the contractions were coming on stronger and faster! Then my MIL came over and she saw to Bri while Devs and my mum saw to me.

The time now was about 10:30 and I told my mum I had to get to a hospital NOW!!!! I hadnt even finished packing my bag and Devlin came to ask me what else must go into it and I bit his head off!I was in no mood to worry about my bag!I wanted to have my baby!!I bawled as they helped get me into the car cos I didnt wanna leave Bri.

So into the car we got.I crouched on the back seat while we drove to the hospital cos I couldnt bear sitting!When we got to the hospital they took me to the labour ward and I was already 7 cm dilated! I asked the nurse for an epidural and she told me its too late for that cos the baby is coming.

The contractions were so unbelievable strong!!! Then all of a sudden I wanted to push!After about 6hrs of labour and about 3 pushes my little girl entered the world! Caitlyn arrived at about 12:30 that afternoon.

They took her and suctioned her and I got worried!Devlin was there the whole time holding my hand..shame,his fingers were so sore after that!!I was exhausted but I wanted to know if she was fine and then they brought her to me so I could hold her and I just cried!I was so happy and relived to see my perfect little baby girl!Devlin also cried and couldnt stop kissing her.Then they took Caitlyn to the nursery and Devlin went with the nurses while I got a few stitches,4 stitches...so Im still sore from that!

After that I just fell asleep for the whole afternoon...Caitlyn didnt take too well to the breast at first,but she's getting the hang of it.

Caitlyn's stats:
3.2 kg/s (7.4 pounds)
50 cm's long
Apgar scores: 7 and 9

I cant believe how much she looks like Bri!! I love my precoius baby girls!! wub.gif
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 86

awe I am so happy for you wub.gif I was in shock to hear you already had your baby girl!

I'm glad all is well with you and Caitlyn! That is quite a birth story...glad you made it to the hospital on time wink.gif

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wub.gif Awwww! Glad it went well and there were no complications!!

wub.gif She is absolutely beautiful wub.gif !!

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

wub.gif Awww glad to hear that everything went okay! I was so shocked when I heard you had your baby already! CONGRATULATIONS! wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
iluvmysweetiepies
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Filling the world with beautiful girls

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,244

Congratulations! wub.gif What a birth story! She is so beautiful!

--------------------
Alexia and Brooke 1-26-05
Lilypie Baby Ticker

~*~Loving wife to Scott & mother of 5~*~
Ashlyn Grace-14 Ariana Faith-6 Sofia Marie- 4
Alexia Michelle & Brooklyn Elizabeth 1.26.05
Born at 34 weeks 5 months old 3 months adjusted age

PMUsers Website
amynicole21
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Hooray!!! Sounds like an awesome labor, despite not being able to get the epi. I'm so glad everything went so well!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

WOW and awwww that sounded like an awesome birth hun!! wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
GavinsMommy
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

Wow, what a perfect birth story Lollie! She is GORGEOUS and she weighed the same as I did when I was born. I can't believe she is already here, I remember when you told us that she was a girl. Gosh time goes by so quickly!!

One question though...did you plan them that close together or was it a happy "accident" for lack of better words. Lol. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Wow - congrats again! She's so precious. wub.gif I love your new siggy.. you have two gorgeous baby girls! wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I'm so happy for you and your family

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
FroggyJK
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 884

Wow! What a great birth story! Congratulations Lollie!!! thumb.gif

I hope mine goes as smoothly! wink.gif

--------------------
Jen,
Wife to Erich
Mommy to...
Brandon - Dec 2000
Megan - May 2003
Sarah Nicole - EDD - April 7, 2005

I child proofed my house............but they still get in.
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Littlejojames
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 529

Congratulations wub.gif

So glad everything went well for you.

[/QUOTE]I hope mine goes as smoothly! [QUOTE]

Same here happy.gif Hope i have a smooth one too

--------------------
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Till Jo & Craig meet Smudge XXXX
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

wow in a way that was pretty fast. congrats again, she is beautiful just like her big sister

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

thumb.gif baby.gif baby.gif wow! I am so happy for you. When your mom posted to us, I cried. I think I was so surprised that she was here so soon, I got emotional.. So, I can't imagine you..

I am proud of you, Good Job Mom and Dad, she is tooo sweet and beautiful..

--------------------
PM

Lollie
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (GavinsMommy @ Feb 6 2005, 07:28 PM)
Wow, what a perfect birth story Lollie! She is GORGEOUS and she weighed the same as I did when I was born. I can't believe she is already here, I remember when you told us that she was a girl. Gosh time goes by so quickly!!

One question though...did you plan them that close together or was it a happy "accident" for lack of better words. Lol. smile.gif

Thanx Mommies... wub.gif

Im glad the labour didnt go to bad..even though I didnt have anything for pain!!! blink.gif

Gavinsmommy...I didnt plan to have my babies this close but Ive always wanted my babies close in age...like about 1 1/2 yrs difference in age...mmmm...not 10 months!! Bri and Caitlyn would have neem just over 11 months apart in age had she arrived on her due date!!Guess she didnt want her big sister to do too much growing up without her..LOL But if I could go back..I wouldnt change a single thing!!! wub.gif So yeah..Caitlyn was a pleasant surprise..tho not so pleasant when I first found out..I was terrified!!! unsure.gif
ediep
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

wow Lollie! Congratulations!!!!!

What a prefect brth!! I can't believe how big she is considering she came a few weeks early!!! She is gorgeous!!!!

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
DansMom
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

That's a wonderful birth story!! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Josie83
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

Even tho I sort of read this from Devlin it was still exciting to read this again. I still can't believe that she is really here. And only nine months apart (is that right)? Goodness me! I'm so pleased that she seems to be doing well, you must be exhausted! And she was almost a pound heavier than Cassie was when she was born and Cassie was only two weeks early lol! Imagine how painful it would have been if she'd been full-term! wink.gif Congratulations again, I hope that all is going well . . . you have two beautiful little girls! xx
PMEmail Poster
Wendy_G3
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 888

Congratulations!! What a wonderful story!! That's wonderful they are so close in age. They will be the greatest of friends growing up, wow, and the fights!! You are gonna have your hands full! What fun!! rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

wow, that was quite sudden! thanks for sharing your birth story! wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]