Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> winter time indoor garden
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

I started my indoor garden this week. I am so excited. I am trying tomatoes, and zucchini. I threw in some left over onion sets I had from this spring. I wanted to get them started now because they take so long for them to bare fruit, I won't have tomatoes until mid to late october. I figure I will start a new plant every month - 6 weeks or so, So I can have continuous fresh veggies. we will see how it goes. Right now they are on my back deck, but I will move operations into my house in septemer before it gets to frosty.
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Cool! So what are they planted in? Where are you going to put them?

My garage would be the only closest place I'd have to put things. unsure.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

they are in these big metal buckets I got at target> they are labeled as drink buckets or something. Intended to put ice and beer in for BBQ's and stuff. They might be to small, if they are I am going to switch to those 60 gallon buckets that are all colorful with the rope handles; Those are TONS bigger, so I thought I would try these first, since I have no idea if this will even work. I'll take pics at some point.
I am going to put them in front of that big south facing window I was talking about. I don't think you would go for it. rolling_smile.gif you could see it from the street, huge tomato plants sitting right there in my living room. rolling_smile.gif
PM

coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Jul 21 2009, 03:17 PM)
they are in these big metal buckets I got at target> they are labeled as drink buckets or something. Intended to put ice and beer in for BBQ's and stuff. They might be to small, if they are I am going to switch to those 60 gallon buckets that are all colorful with the rope handles; Those are TONS bigger, so I thought I would try these first, since I have no idea if this will even work. I'll take pics at some point.
I am going to put them in front of that big south facing window I was talking about. I don't think you would go for it.  rolling_smile.gif you could see it from the street, huge tomato plants sitting right there in my living room.  rolling_smile.gif

Yeah, I stopped bringing in plants from outside years ago. I used to bring my hibiscus trees in and one year I had some FUNKY bugs that I NEVER want to see again. Plants outside need to stay outside with their bugs. happy.gif So I don't think I could grow veggies in the house, especially when they were outside first. I can do some things....some things I can't. happy.gif Do you not get enough from your summer garden to last through the winter? I know they wouldn't be fresh, but we freeze a lot of ours.

ETA: Our dog loves to pee on our garden rolleyes.gif if it was inside....I'd be afraid he'd want to do the same thing. laugh.gif wacko.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Jul 21 2009, 12:34 PM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0098 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]