Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Went to the Dr. Today, I have a few Questions ...
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

OK! The end is in sight.

I went to the Dr. today because I have been having more frequent restrooms and some discharge as well as increased pressure.

That being said, they did ANOTHER Fetal Fibronectin which I have found really is ONLY accurate if positive. With that, they are going to give me the steroids for the baby this week as I think they are anticipating delivery this weekend.

So I need the lowdown on the steroids, I will get Celestone ... has anyone had that? How long after did you have your baby? I have read they are most effective 24- 48 hours of getting the injection? If this is the case why not wait and give them to me later? I am so anxious to see this little guy, I personally think he is confused, he doesn't know if he should come out or stay in. All of my childcare arrangements end July 31st, so bed rest will have to end a week early.

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I don't remember which steroid injections I got with the twins, I just remember getting them in my hip tongue.gif I think it was about a week before I delivered, and they were 36 weeks, but no complications, no NICU, etc. so I don't know if it was related to when they gave me the injections or the fact they made it to 36 weeks.
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

Geez Mon! Im totally jealous. My SIL made it to 35 weeks with TRIPLETS! Yes TRIPLETS, and they induced her at 35 weeks, her cervix was still long and closed and what not.

Anyways, I know the Celestone or Betamethasone < same thing diff. name is an IM injection which means, hip, butt same thing as my 17 P ...

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster

ZandersMama
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I had steroids with zan, but he was born a week late, they just thought he was coming

With Zav, I had the first shot 24hrs before and another 12 hrs before. they are supposed to help develop the lungs, and he was only vented for a few days, so i guess it helped

eta, the shots hurt bad, but were so worth it. in the hip each time. they are worth it but wanted to warn you it doesnt tickle

This post has been edited by ZandersMama on Jul 20 2009, 05:30 PM

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (Mommy2Isabella @ Jul 20 2009, 05:44 PM)
Geez Mon! Im totally jealous. My SIL made it to 35 weeks with TRIPLETS! Yes TRIPLETS, and they induced her at 35 weeks, her cervix was still long and closed and what not.

Oh geez, it was a struggle to 36 with the twins.....very strict bedrest (only getting up to pee dry.gif ), there is NO WAY I could have made it that far with trips!!!!

I went to Target to register for my baby shower the day before I went into labor...my dr was giving me a hard time about not being in bed and I said I had to pee, and just happened to want to do it at Target rolling_smile.gif

And yeah, those shots didn't feel good. At all.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]