Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Im so angry.
youngmomofone
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

My dd's teacher is pretty lazy. I had a feeling for a little while that she doesn't really do much with my child, and my suspicions have been some-what confirmed. C did her homework on last Monday as soon as she came home. Today, one week and one day later, the homework is STILL in her back pack. So, the teacher never got it out and graded it. This is her regular ed teacher.

C is 7.5 yo and is repeating first grade. She is developmentally delayed, and that's all as far as diagnoses goes. Some think she may have very mild autism or pdd-nos or whatever, but none of the psychologist or doctors seem to think so. Anyway, I was always told that the teacher is supposed to get the homework out of the back pack on Friday's to grade. This almost never happens since we came back from break.

My kid is very smart in other ways, and I know that she can catch up to her peers. But I don't think this teacher is doing anything for her/with her. I have this fear in my mind that she is putting my kid off to the side and have her work on something else (the homework she sends home has earlier dates on it, so she isnt even getting it on time! growl.gif ).

I complained enough that I have a meeting with the teacher, her special ed teacher (that helps her with reading and math), the principal, and the school coordinator to get to the bottom of this. I almost feel like going in there every day to make sure my kid is taught - that's how much I think she's being mistreated.

If I have to, I will be known as the a-hole mom, if changes aren't made.

eta the meeting is on the 22nd of this month. Ugh. I was hoping it was done, yesterday! But I will take it and get things done.

This post has been edited by youngmomofone on Mar 8 2011, 03:54 PM

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Mar 8 2011, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Im glad you insisted on the meeting, your daughter deserves better, hope you get help with this matter

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 9 2011, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Ugh how frustrating! I wonder why they scheduled your appointment for so far away - March 22 seems a pretty long time to wait! I hope it goes well!

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 9 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Mar 9 2011, 11:28 AM)
Ugh how frustrating! I wonder why they scheduled your appointment for so far away - March 22 seems a pretty long time to wait! I hope it goes well!

That's what I was thinking, the appt seems pretty far away especially if you have concerns. I would go in and observe in the classroom several times before the meeting so that you can see what is happening in the classroom on a daily basis. I probably wouldn't announce that I was coming, I'd just show up and say that I am there to observe for the day. Good for you for standing up for your daughter!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
stella6979
Posted: Mar 9 2011, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 9 2011, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Mar 9 2011, 11:28 AM)

That's what I was thinking, the appt seems pretty far away especially if you have concerns. I would go in and observe in the classroom several times before the meeting so that you can see what is happening in the classroom on a daily basis. I probably wouldn't announce that I was coming, I'd just show up and say that I am there to observe for the day. Good for you for standing up for your daughter!

I absolutely agree!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 9 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I agree with Dee Dee... I'd definitely do some surprise sit-ins between now and the meeting.
I hope you are able to get your daughter the attention she deserves! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

One point - I know it is my kids' responsibility to get the homework to the teacher, not for the teacher to go looking for it. Is that a misunderstanding?

Regardless, if it is an ahole you must be, then you must be an ahole!! I applaud you for stepping in. And if you make a real pest of yourself they will take care of things more quickly I figure ... oh well if they don't like you, your child will benefit! And no matter how awful it feels to you, I'll be a whole lot there are REAL aholes there who are much worse, not like you, a good mom who just feels like an ahole, which, BTW, you are NOT!!!!! hug.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
youngmomofone
Posted: Apr 24 2011, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

I didnt update because there was no meeting. In fact they had the IEP meeting without me, and has been harassing me to sign papers from that meeting when I don't even know if they changed anything, added anything, etc.

I was going to let it go until after the baby came, (school here doesn't let out until June 4) but I'm so angry I'm ready to pop someone in the face.

So, I'm going to the principal tomorrow. If we cannot come to a compromise with everything, I'm pulling my kiddo out of school, and will look into putting her in another school in the district.

I am SO done. Even my mom thinks they aren't doing anything for her. Oh, and I won't go into it here since it is a public board, but I think they have done something really crappy that would make all of you want to come beat them up for me. mad.gif Once I know for sure if it is them or not, then I will come back and explain what happened and all.

I will also come on here tomorrow after I have a nice little chat with the principal tomorrow.

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Oh Gosh! This is a real shame! Take care and let us know how it is going! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 02:31 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Did they cancel the meeting?

You are doing the right thing going to the principal now! Stand strong and fight the fight for your daughter!

Will be thinkign of you, let us know how it goes.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I can't believe that they had the meeting without you. That's unbelievable! Good luck with the principle today. hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
msoulz
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

What a shame that you must, but go get 'em!! I hope there is a way to come to compromise on this - and by compromise I mean they do what is right for your dd!! hug.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
julesmom
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 323

Do you have a Head of Special Ed? Can you go to that person?

I'd call your state complaince officer and file a complaint. You can find them on your state website under education and spec. ed. If you tell them what is going on, they have to look into it.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Apr 25 2011, 08:19 AM)
I can't believe that they had the meeting without you. That's unbelievable! Good luck with the principle today. hug.gif

Really! I didn't think they COULD have IEP meetings without EVERYONE present. growl.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

kristi_mom_of_3
Posted: Apr 28 2011, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,358

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 26 2011, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Apr 25 2011, 08:19 AM)

Really! I didn't think they COULD have IEP meetings without EVERYONE present. growl.gif

They can have the IEP meeting without the parents, but that is only if the parents have been given sufficient notice and are then a no show. The parents still have to sign off on the IEP as either agreeing or disagreeing.

Good for you for pursuing this with the administration. Please let us know what happens.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0128 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]