Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> potty training help, two yr old
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Jun 8 2010, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

Now I know this is my third kid..I should have this down pat..but honestly, I didnt train Caleb, he went to day care and he was trained there by 20 months..
then came Jakob and with is food allergies it took us until he was 3 3/2 due to his chronic bowel issues..
now Andrew is 2. He will be 3 in Aug. He is my most strong willed kid..He is also in his terrible terrible 2's!
I tried a few times just taking the pull up away, and using underware and as long as I sat right there and stared at him, he went on the potty but as soon as I took my eyes off him he peed his pants..
I gave up..(bad I know)
so then we had him using his potty each morning before getting dressed and before baths routinely..but thats it other wise it was in the pull up..
I am frankly not looking forward to him peeing all over the house..
so how do I get him to do this. I think he can he just wont.
I asked him when he planned on peeing in the potty he said never..he said "I pee on mommy!" and frankly the kid would rather do that then use the potty!

I wish I could get those plastic pants to help save the mess, but I cant find them anywhere..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ZandersMama
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I bribed Zavier. blush.gif dinkies, candy, whatever it took it was cheaper then diapers. we have some issues still time to time because of his autism stuff but mostly he is ok now.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I was using little m &m's..but he would only do it if I watched him like a hawk and then stopped..

--------------------

coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Well, IMO if you've tried and he wasn't cooperative just wait until he is ready. 2 almost 3 is still pretty young. With Kylie she day trained at 2 years 2 months, something like that it was the November right after her birthday in September. We had a long vacation at home for Thanksgiving so that 1st day I took the pull-up off and put on underwear and told myself I would deal with the accidents and that's that. The sitter had tried and wasn't really getting anywhere with her and said she wasn't going to try until later. Well after the 1st two days Kylie was not having much messes and was doing great and we never looked back. SHE wanted to train and was cooperative so I took advantage of that.

Megan, when I tried early with her she just went backwards instead of forwards so I gave up until SHE was ready. She didn't day train until 3 years of age, and a lot more accidents, but she wanted to keep trying so we did and I dealt with the accidents.

I am a firm believer that kids will do a lot of the things we want them to do when THEY are ready. They know, more than we think they do, when they are ready and all kids are different when they are ready. Just follow their cue on it. Don't stress and make it worse, that only makes them take steps backwards not forwards. Megan said she was never going to learn to pee in the potty too, but she finally did when she told me she was ready to.

Hang in there. Each kid is different in a lot of things that it makes this parenting stuff hard for us, lol, no matter how many kids one has. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I agree it might just be too soon for him! I tried a couple times with Andrew between about 22 months and almost 3 and he wasn't interested. He wasn't potty trained until two months before he turned three and it only took a couple days because he was finally ready. Same with Allie ~ I tried and failed several times with her because I thought since she was a girl I'd be able to train her earlier than I had with Andrew. rolleyes.gif She wanted nothing to do with it and it was FRUSTRATING! She didn't start going on the potty until a couple months after she turned three, and it took about two weeks maybe to go from just diapers to wearing underwear and not having accidents. She's still wearing a pull-up at night... she will sometimes be dry several mornings in a row but sometimes in the morning her pull-up is wet so I keep them on her at night.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
moped
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I wait until one month after 3rd birthday!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

It sounds to me like he just isn't ready hug.gif hug.gif Alyssa was like that she wasn't ready until she was 3 and then she did it on her own and she was four before she was completely night trained. I know that sounds awful but she was NOT ready.

I'm taking my time with Autumn she is nearly 25 months and we have just been playing with the idea and I figure when she is really ready she will do it on her own, which I hope will be soon emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Jun 9 2010, 12:30 PM)
I wait until one month after 3rd birthday!

I think this is my plan..
He isnt dry at night, but then again he does get up and get a drink most nights too.
I know he is going to have to stop doing that.
He does it on his own though and goes back to sleep.

--------------------

julesmom
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 323

I pushed potty training with my first bc he had to be trained for prek. I really pushed and still to this day, he has bowel problems.(holding issues)

My 2nd one, I figured whatever, whenever. Didn't push AT ALL. He day and night trained the weekend he turned 3 all on his own.

My 3rd, I didn't push either and figured she'd train around 3. Didn't even sign her up for prek 3, didn't want to put any pressure on her. She day and night trained by 2 1/2.

No pressure is definitely the way to go. Kids aren't going to go to high school in a diaper.

I totally regret pushing my oldest. I was young and a new mom, I didn't know and I refused to listen to my own mother who told me not to push.
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

We encourage the kids but don't make a big deal out of being pt'd. Isabella trained at 2yrs and 1 month. Isaia is still a work in progress at 2 yrs and 5 months.

All kids are different, we never used pull ups and just went straight to underwear.

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (julesmom @ Jun 9 2010, 07:18 PM)
I pushed potty training with my first bc he had to be trained for prek. I really pushed and still to this day, he has bowel problems.(holding issues)

My 2nd one, I figured whatever, whenever. Didn't push AT ALL. He day and night trained the weekend he turned 3 all on his own.

My 3rd, I didn't push either and figured she'd train around 3. Didn't even sign her up for prek 3, didn't want to put any pressure on her. She day and night trained by 2 1/2.

No pressure is definitely the way to go. Kids aren't going to go to high school in a diaper.

I totally regret pushing my oldest. I was young and a new mom, I didn't know and I refused to listen to my own mother who told me not to push.

hug.gif hug.gif I've heard this happen to SO many people. My sister works in a daycare and she has seen issues with kids being forced to potty train before they are ready. sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0123 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]