Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Im worried... should I be?
mummy2girls
Posted: May 10 2011, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Ok this usually doesn't worry me at all...(always) About 1 week before my "monthly" visitor comes I get a cyst in my breast. Its sore to the touch and then goes away about a few days after my visitor packs up and goes. I have had this since I was 20 some odd years old... Well my last cycle the lump appeared again and 1 week later my visitor decided to show up... then my visitor left but the lump never did. I am now coming onto my next cycle in about 1 week from now. And its still there. So it never went away at all. Its the size of a pea. I have no other symptoms there at all... Should i be worried being i get these cysts? but because it just never went away i am worried. I have always been told by a doctor that it does go away a few days after my cycle ends and then will probably reappear again 1 week prior to my next. And i have had that happen like this always. OH pain in my boob= visitor coming...LOL.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: May 10 2011, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Well if you have talked with a doctor and they said it's ok, then I guess it's ok. tongue.gif I had that for awhile, it was a knot in my armpit. My doctor said it was pretty normal.

I guess it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion, though. How old are you? Are you old enough to be getting mammograms? If so, I'd encourage getting them done and maybe at a time when you have that knot.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: May 10 2011, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I've read that it can be normal to get lumps before you get your period, and I also read that if a lump is cancerous it usually doesn't hurt. But if it not going away after your period is done is a change than I'd talk to your doctor about it just to be sure. hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

mummy2girls
Posted: May 10 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ May 10 2011, 01:11 PM)
Well if you have talked with a doctor and they said it's ok, then I guess it's ok. tongue.gif I had that for awhile, it was a knot in my armpit. My doctor said it was pretty normal.

I guess it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion, though. How old are you? Are you old enough to be getting mammograms? If so, I'd encourage getting them done and maybe at a time when you have that knot.

no the doc said its normal to get it a week before period comes then goes away a few days after. but it should go away... i have had this lump or cyst for over a month now:(

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
mummy2girls
Posted: May 10 2011, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ May 10 2011, 01:13 PM)
I've read that it can be normal to get lumps before you get your period, and I also read that if a lump is cancerous it usually doesn't hurt. But if it not going away after your period is done is a change than I'd talk to your doctor about it just to be sure. hug.gif

yup its normal but mine has always gone away after period goes away mine has been here for a month...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
msoulz
Posted: May 10 2011, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I vote for having it checked out since it is something different. Odds are it is just the usual - but for peace of mind, why not visit the doc?

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 10 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

I don't know that you should necessarily worry but I would err on the side of caution and get a mamogram.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: May 11 2011, 05:02 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I would get it checked out too. Just to be sure.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 11 2011, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ May 10 2011, 08:46 PM)
I don't know that you should necessarily worry but I would err on the side of caution and get a mamogram.

Yes, I agree. I think every woman should be serious about getting mammograms! As prominent as breast cancer is in my family, and my poor girls has it from my side and Ryan's side prominently, they'll have to be more serious about it than I am. Nothing to play around with!!!!

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 11 2011, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

my mom has fibrocystic breasts which is VERY common, too much caffiene can cause them to stay around, among many other things. But saying that if you do have this condition you could be prone to breast cancer although I'm not trying to scare you and this lump could absolutely be nothing getting it checked out is important especially since it didn't go away.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0112 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]