Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Switching Formula?
dolfinrse
  Posted: Jul 15 2003, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Big Brother!

Group: Members
Member No.: 125

When we went to the dr. last week we asked about possibly switching formula to something different because Regular Similac with Iron was giving Zachary really bad gas. He told us to try Carnation Good Start. We did try that, but Zachary doesn't seem to like the taste of it, I guess anyway. He doesn't get the gas as bad anymore, but he doesn't take a full feeding. He will only take about 2 ounces and then push the bottle out of his mouth. During the day he will scream an hour later because he is hungry, but at night he will sleep for about 4 or 5 hours at a time. We don't know if we should keep giving him the Carnation or try another formula. We don't want to keep switching. Any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA

--------------------
Donna
Mommy to
Zachary Taylor 4-26-03 & Madison Leigh 7/18/05

PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Jul 15 2003, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I would probley try to stick it out for a few more days and see if he starts to drink more , then if not switch him. It might just take a few weeks for him to get used to it.
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Jul 15 2003, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I had similac with Iron and it made Mckaylee constipated,,so I gave her carnation good start and she didn't care for it,,,,then I tried the parents choice kind from walmart and she loves it,,,,I use all their products so I thought I would give it a try,,,and thats what worked and its half the price of the rest too. So thats nice.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

ediep
Posted: Jul 15 2003, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

we started on Similac with iron the changed to carnation too. Jason didn't even notice the cahnge since he was only 2 weeks old. I would suggest that you keep giving the carnation for a few more days so he gets a chance to get used to it. Then if he still won't drink that much, call the doc for an alternate.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]