Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Julie (jem0622), about goat's rue
Schnoogly
  Posted: Jun 26 2003, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 82

Julie where do you get goat's rue? I went to a natural foods store and they didn't have it in stock. I did order it in extract form from Mountain Rose herbs...but it's a combination of fennel, fenugreek, blessed thistle and goat's rue and I'm not sure there is enough goat's rue in it...but it seems to be working a little. The only other available online was in bulk herbs--would you recommend making a tea or filling capsules to take? I can get empty capsules at the natural foods store but am not sure how much to take!!

Also, when I first started taking it about a week ago it made me dizzy right after taking it--that has stopped since though. I read it can lower blood sugar--is this something to worry about?

Thanks!
Steph

PS I also take domperidone, fenugreek didn't work.

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Julie, I have a questin for you too. You seem very knowledgeable .... are you a nurse or LLL leader or just wise from life experience?

Thanks for all your great input.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
julie (jem0622)
  Posted: Jun 26 2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I dream of being a lactation nurse one day. But no, I am just like a book when it comes to nursing, thanks to lots of other knowledgeable women out there. Maybe I am a lactation nut? LOL.

When something is really critical to me I just absorb it all and nursing is very important to me. And when I see other moms get frustrated and upset I just offer what knowledge I have on it.

Let me do a quick review on Goat's Rue. BRB. I do know one critical thing is starting out in low doses and you only increase it minimally until you yield more. It is not a cure all to major supply issues...but if you want to produce as much as your body is able to and even supplement then it's a help.

Julie

Julie (jem0622)
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

One of my favorite sites and some handy info and precautions on all types of milk increasing herbs:

http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/herbal-rem_f.html

Julie
Schnoogly
  Posted: Jun 26 2003, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 82

Wow thanks! I have been to kellymom's site many times but never to that page...go figure!

In all my research (I am a lactation nut too!) I never heard of goat's rue, so I was anxious to try it, having tried everything (pumping extra, pumping after feedings, feeding every hour, fenugreek, reglan, and now domperidone). I have the motherlove more milk plus but didn't know they made a goat's rue too! (the more milk plus, being mostly fenugreek, didn't work for me) That's what I'm getting when this combo tincture runs out. And slowly increasing seems to be doing the trick, at least I am not dizzy anymore. DH wants me to stop taking b/c he's worried about side effects it but I am obsessed with making more milk.

Steph

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0142 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]