Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DH has an inguinal hernia
lesliesmom
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,484

We've known DH has had a hernia for some time now. DH just never did anything about it. Well, yesterday it was bothering him enough to go see a Dr. about who has referred him to a surgeon. So, he goes to see this surgeon on Friday and obviously will be having surgery sometime in the very near future.

My question is, does anyone out there have experience with this (in the since they have had one, DH had one, etc)? I'm wondering what kind of down time we may looking at for him, general information, etc.

TIA,
Carrie

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
amymom
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Don't know, but my prayers & thoughts are with you guys. KUP hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Kentuckychick
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,085

QUOTE (lesliesmom @ Apr 11 2007, 09:52 AM)
We've known DH has had a hernia for some time now. DH just never did anything about it. Well, yesterday it was bothering him enough to go see a Dr. about who has referred him to a surgeon. So, he goes to see this surgeon on Friday and obviously will be having surgery sometime in the very near future.

My question is, does anyone out there have experience with this (in the since they have had one, DH had one, etc)? I'm wondering what kind of down time we may looking at for him, general information, etc.

TIA,
Carrie

I actually had one when I was 10 so of course for me the surgery was scary but the recovery was pretty quick because ya know us kids we bounce back super speedily. I had to have 6 weeks of recovery without doing gym class or dance lessons or lifting.

My dad actually had one two springs ago and had surgery in mid-April. He had a few days where he was very sore, stayed in bed with the ice and such and then he was up and about but still not 100% for several weeks. We went to the beach at the beginning of June about 6 weeks later and he was able to swim and do everything, but still got sore a little easier than usual. So it does take a little time. He won't be back to complete normal for a bit (can't lift heavy things for a good while) but as far as real downtime, he was back to work within a week. He has to lift heavy things for work though so he had to avoid that.

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

ZandersMama
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

My 6 month old has had this since birth, due to prematurity. He actually has duel inagural hernias one on either side. The main thing after the surgery is NO heavy lifting ( no worries for my boy lol). He should feel better the next day, if I recall correctly in an adult they go home that day. But, if he doesnt take it easy he will be back in for the same surgery again. Doctors are waiting for my baby to be a year old before they operate. hug.gif to your hubby, they cause alot of pain before they are repaired.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I hope he has a quick recovery!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0145 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]