Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Here's a question for you medical gurus!
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,127

I have had a "sore throat" since Monday. The weird thing is, it's on the "outside" of the right side of my throat. ohmy.gif I can swallow just fine but if I touch my throat or move my head a certain way (especially downward) I get terrible pain from my ear to the base of my neck/throat. No other symptoms~no fever, no achiness, no swollen glands, very little drainage.

Anyone ever had anything like this? I hate to go to the doc unless I'm 92% dead because I have crap insurance.

This post has been edited by mom21kid2dogs on Mar 21 2007, 07:27 AM

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I don't know, but could it be teeth related? Or maybe you have an ear infection. I am not a medical guru so I don't know why I am answering this. rolleyes.gif

Sometimes my sinus problems will affect the glands in my neck, but you said no swollen glands.

Good Luck, it will be interesting to see what you find out.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Does it feel like muscle strain or tension? I get this a lot when I sleep wrong... my neck will hurt when I look down or to one side (just like the pain you described). I don't remember it being sore to the touch though?

ETA: If it is a muscle strain or tension, then a heating pad and some tylenol should help. But, if you start to have a fever or other symptoms, I would at least call the doc.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

lisar
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 21 2007, 10:41 AM)
Does it feel like muscle strain or tension? I get this a lot when I sleep wrong... my neck will hurt when I look down or to one side (just like the pain you described). I don't remember it being sore to the touch though?

I was thinking this to. But sometimes mine will be sore to the touch also. It normally goes away after a day or two though.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

There is a tube that runs from your inner ear to your throat called the eustatition (sp) tube. you could have an ear infection that is causing that part to hurt, or maybe you have drainage going down it or something.
PM
redchief
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I agree, it could be an ear infection, tooth abscess or a pulled muscle. The only other thing I can think of is that it could be glandular. Is there any swelling in the area of pain?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

My first thought was thyroid. I think it's right in the front of your neck. You can do a search by symptoms on WebMd then decide if it's worth a dr visit or not.

Also, if it's causing jaw pain, I'd go ahead and call my Dr. I think I recall jaw pain being a signal of heart attack in women.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Thanks guys. thumb.gif I think I'm going with ear infection of some kind although, oddly my ear itself doesn't hurt. I've just been to the dentist so I know it's not dental. I now have a mild fever 99.5 and my tounge feels like it's on fire. (Usually strep signs for me) Can you have strep throat as an adult without a sore throat (on the inside?) I don't see any swelling. It's actually so painful to the touch that I've resisted trying to really feel the glands. Ugh! I might just have to suck it up and call the doc. sad.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I was going to say glandular like Ed.

Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0155 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]