Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Migraine sufferers
Brias3
Posted: Feb 5 2007, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

I was talking to a friend yesterday, who also suffers from migraines. I was recently switched to Topamax for my migraines, same prescription she was on until one of her other doctors recommended a mouth guard. She swears by it and her father, also a sufferer, also noticed vast improvement when he purchased one last month.

I'd love to give it a go. I hate being on regular medications. I do notice alot of jaw pain when I go to bed with a migraine, probably from the teeth clenching during the night so I think it might benefit me. I want to talk to my doc about it.

Has anyone used/tried getting a mouth guard to be worn during nighttime for migraines? Did it help or make a difference?

This post has been edited by Brias3 on Feb 5 2007, 01:49 PM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 5 2007, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Certainly sounds promising! Let us know if you try it and it works.

Ironically, pregnancy cured mine. (How weird!!) I used to get 6 or so a year. I've only had 3 since O was born.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I think you would get that from your dentist. I get migraines but not in the morning generally, so my dentist didn't feel the headaches were coming from that area. Hope it helps you!!

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

Kentuckychick
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,085

I've never tried it, but anything sounds worth it to me!

I'm on Topomax at the moment as well (since July '05) and I didn't have a migraine for a year straight. Then in about August they started returning. Now I'm having chronic headaches again almost daily despite upping the dose.

I also have Axert, which is the new stronger version of Imitrex and it helped really well with the two full blown migraines I had in the past two months (most aren't full blown and never really go away so there's no point at which to take the med).

Of course for me the biggest problem, the biggest headache of all is the cost of simply trying to have a good quality of life because the medicines are so expensive (the Axert costs $7/pill with good insurance which I will lose in October when I turn 25, then they'll cost $25/pill) It's a LOT of money with little benefit.

Anyway... I'm babbling... Let me know if you have positive results!

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I've never heard of that but it can't hurt! I get mine in waves, I'll go for long periods without one and then get two or three in a short period, within a few months. I still use Imitrex.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]