Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Keratosis Pilaris
MyLuvBugs
  Posted: Feb 5 2007, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,471

Any one else have Keratosis Pilaris?? Steven has it really bad, and I'm just realizing that that's probably what Lorelei has on the back of her arms too. Jeeze! 1+1 = 2 Erika! rolleyes.gif I've only had this kid for 2 years now. You'd think I would have realized it sooner. rolleyes.gif LOL

Anywho. If anyone else has it, I'd like to talk with you about how you handle it yourself. Thanks!

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 5 2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

No personal experience with it, but this site has a message board for people dealing with it. Might be a good place to chat with others about it.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

ME ME!!!

I have it. It sucks butt. dry.gif

I found what worked for me, was using a pretty rough scrubbing pad on my arms. Not like, steel wool rough... lol but like a pummice stone, to scrub my "affected areas" which are thankfully only my arms...and especially my upper arms.

Also, when I take my showers/baths, no matter what the temperature of it is - while exfoliating with the pummice stone, the water has to be hot, in order for my pores to be more opened up. Then, after I'm done, I rinse off with COLD WATER!!!!

It closes the pores quickly, so no more crap gets in... it helps keep it undre control. Also, I try to avoid using soaps and lotions on just the areas affected, it seems to make it worse.

One thing that sucks for me, is that I'm a "picker"....I like picking at zite, scabs etc... so when a bum catches my eye, I have to squeeze it. laugh.gif

PS - the white crap that comes out is stuff like residual soap, dead skin cells etc...not pus like in zits.

Got more questions? Ask away.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I have never heard of it. But good luck to all that have it. Sorry yall have to deal with it.
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Feb 6 2007, 08:27 AM)
I found what worked for me, was using a pretty rough scrubbing pad on my arms. Not like, steel wool rough... lol but like a pummice stone, to scrub my "affected areas" which are thankfully only my arms...and especially my upper arms.

Also, when I take my showers/baths, no matter what the temperature of it is - while exfoliating with the pummice stone, the water has to be hot, in order for my pores to be more opened up. Then, after I'm done, I rinse off with COLD WATER!!!!

It closes the pores quickly, so no more crap gets in... it helps keep it undre control. Also, I try to avoid using soaps and lotions on just the areas affected, it seems to make it worse.

One thing that sucks for me, is that I'm a "picker"....I like picking at zite, scabs etc... so when a bum catches my eye, I have to squeeze it. laugh.gif

PS - the white crap that comes out is stuff like residual soap, dead skin cells etc...not pus like in zits.

Got more questions? Ask away.

Yeah I've been reading as much as I can now about it online. Found that non-profit organization site that is like a support group. Everyone seems to say the same thing about it. No cure. sad.gif

I tried to use a pumice stone on Lorelei's arms, butt and cheeks yesterday. She did really good, but her left arms got all kinds of inflammed. I didn't even scrub very hard at all, and non of the other areas broke out, just the back of her left arm looks like it's got a razor burn on it now. Really weird. wacko.gif

I've read that it's a type of Vitamin A Deficiency, so I might try putting Steven and Lorelei on some Vit A Suppliments to see if that helps. We'll See. unsure.gif

Steven is a picker too. He's always said "it's some keratin thing on my skin. It's like acne or something." So, I just thought it was acne, but never understood why Lorelei's arms had it. KWIM? Yeah...SOOOO not acne. My hubby is a dork. rolleyes.gif But he's got it really bad on his chest, butt and back of his arms. Lorelei has it on the back of her arms and on her butt. Her cheeks have it a little, but some of her face stuff is allergy related too. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0172 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]