Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sore throat is getting worse!
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

OMG guys, my throat is more sore now than it was last Monday sad.gif It never completely went away, but was manageable. I had almost thought it went away yesterday to only wake-up this morning with it feeling so raw I just want to cry!! bawling.gif bawling.gif It doesn't look all white and gross looking like last week, it just looks red and raw.

What else can I take for this? The antibiotic didn't work, obviously I knew that. I've been sucking on Cold-Eeze but you can only take so many of them. I puke at the taste of regular cough drops. I'm drinking tea (and coffee, hee hee). What else? I'm so desperate here. sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

only thing that really helps me when they get that bad is popsicles to kinda numb the pain. hug.gif I hope you feel better soon sore throats are NO fun.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Try the old fashioned gargling with warm salt water, I also use Listerine for this too, gargling with it helps to kill the bacteria in it causing you the pain. hug.gif

ETA - you may want to take some pain killers like Tylenol, Advil, Motrin. They should help with the pain part. hug.gif

This post has been edited by booey2 on Feb 1 2007, 09:29 AM

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

jcc64
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Gargling with salt water and a few drops of peroxide works for me. Also, just massive doses of hot tea with lemon and honey. Sorry! hug.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

To be honest, nothing really works for me! I do love just plain seltzer water when I have a sore throat. The bubbles make it feel better but of course it won't make it go away. I'm sorry you don't feel good! Sounds like you may have a cold ontop of another cold. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Well as the day has progressed I already feel it moving into my chest sad.gif I will gargle salt water tonight. I've taken 3 motrin and it's barely dulled the pain. sleep.gif This stinks! growl.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Sounds to me like you're either having a relapse or a new virus has taken hold. I'm sorry, Karen. You must be miserable. I've seen some really good ideas posted already and I don't really have anything new to add, but I did want to say I hope you're feeling better soon.

Oh, have you had a strep test?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

I just have one word for you if it's moving into your chest.....MUCINEX!! We just spent $95 on a prescription for DH only to find out it was just equal to 2 tablets of Mucinex....so obviously the stuff works! Save the money and get some over the counter!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]