Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I made a really bad mistake last night
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

It was actually a very STUPID mistake. dry.gif At league bowling last night I ordered food there, and it was something I don't normally order. I ate it, but felt really bad afterwards. I had bad indigestion and was feeling like I was going to puke so much that I gave myself a headache. rolleyes.gif I changed purses the other day and left my motrin in there so I had nothing to take for it. I asked several people if they had anything and one woman said she did, that she had tylenol. So she gave me some and I thanked her. I then got ready to take it and it didn't look like tylenol and so I asked her and she said "oh, it's imitrex, just like tylenol". I said, oh, didn't know that and made sure it was ok to take while drinking. I then took it. I only had 3 beers last night. After about an hour after I got home, I was in bed, DH was snoring and I found myself really jumpy and couldn't sleep. At first I thought it was because Dh was snoring. After hours past, I felt like I was on no-doz or something, very jumpy, so tired but couldn't sleep, my extremities felt very weird and I swore my heart wasn't beating - I couldn't hear it beat, but when I took my pulse it was beating of course. I started freaking out literally. I woke Dh asking him if my heart was still beating. I think I was hallucinating or something. Of course he said yeah to me and went back to sleep. He didn't even remember anything this morning, glad I'm still alive. dry.gif I couldn't get to sleep for anything, though. 3:14 a.m. was the last time I saw the clock, then I woke up at 5 am to Megan screaming to be nursed. I then went back to sleep til 6 am. So I got less than 3 hours of sleep. snooze.gif snooze.gif I still felt very WEIRD this morning.

In the mid of night I looked online and found out imitrex is a PRESCRIPTION drug for migraines. I can't believe that woman gave me a prescribed drug that was for her and told me it was like tylenol. I'm such a dummy. I can't believe I took it. dry.gif I called my nurse this morning and she said I must have had a reaction to it. Really? I thought I was going to die. I know I was overexaggerating, but I felt so freaky last night, it was scary.

Did I say how DUMB I was for taking that? wacko.gif I am SO tired, so tired and Dh is out of town so I have no one to help me w/the girls tonight. sad.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Dec 20 2006, 02:08 PM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Oh man! I can't believe that woman ohmy.gif Who knows what that could have done to you! Have you checked to see about nursing while on it? Holy mackaral. wacko.gif I'm sorry you went through all that, but I'm glad you are alright. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Dec 21 2006, 08:49 AM)
Oh man! I can't believe that woman ohmy.gif Who knows what that could have done to you! Have you checked to see about nursing while on it? Holy mackaral. wacko.gif I'm sorry you went through all that, but I'm glad you are alright. hug.gif

unsure.gif OMG Amy, I didn't even think about that. bawling.gif Where is my head, I totally think of that ALWAYS. sad.gif sleep.gif I'm calling NOW! Although it's too late. bawling.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

OMG Karen... shame on that woman. dry.gif

Reminds me of when I came home accidentally high from the pot smoke my brother blew in my face.... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Well I am glad you are okay. Try to get some sleep tonight.
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Yeah, Imitrex is powerful stuff---I can't believe she would hand it out like candy.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

bawling.gif I'm still trying to find out from my doc if it was bad to take while nursing. I can't believe how irresponsible I was and I can't believe I was so dumb to believe this woman! You bet come next Tuesday her and I will be having a little talk! mad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Ok, well my doc just called me and said it is safe to take while nursing BUT not til 12 hours after taking the med. sad.gif I think it was only a few hours. bawling.gif bawling.gif He went through the symptoms that she would have and she didn't thank goodness, but I can't believe how DUMB I was. He also freaked out when I told him I took 2, I thought I was taking tylenol, ya know. He said that I could have taken upwards of 200mg, and the max to take is 100mg! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif He said I'm lucky I didn't have such a reaction that landed me in the hospital. Gosh I am STUPID!!!!!!!!!! growl.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I was going to say, Imitrex? Glad you're ok. I can understand your mistake though. A friend of mine and I are both on it for migraines and we've actually been out together before where she has offered it to someone who has a headache. I was like, WHOA- I would NEVER offer a prescription to someone. That was really foolish of whoever gave it to you, especially to tell you it was like Tylenol!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif Don't beat yourself up! It was an honest mistake! I had a simmilar reaction to percosets, that were prescribed. I'm glad to hear that you are okay! hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Glad you're ok Karen. I can't believe that woman would have the nerve to offer perscription medication to you and pass it off as a simple tylenol. mad.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Glad you are okay, I have yet to have had to have that perscribed for my migraines but that lady is nuts to have even given you 1 let alone 2. hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Dec 21 2006, 02:54 PM)
Glad you are okay, I have yet to have had to have that perscribed for my migraines but that lady is nuts to have even given you 1 let alone 2. hug.gif

Thanks. Yes, I had prescribed meds for migraines a long time ago before I went through biofeedback, but it was not that one. wacko.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Oh my... I can't believe she would hand out a perscription medicine like that. I am glad your reacation was not worse and Maegan didn't have any symptoms to be worried about. hug.gif Scary stuff, but glad everyone is ok.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

karen, I am so glad you and your dgt are ok, dont beat yourself up about it, you honestly didnt know...
i would tell that woman off though, and remind her next time she trys something like that she might kill someone.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]