Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Severe Acid Reflux
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Dec 14 2006, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sad.gif I never ever thought that it could get so bad! I've been taking medication for Acid Reflux for about 3 years now and up until this past week it had been helping. If I forgot to take my medication I would notice right away. Well this week it has been getting continuosly worse and lastnight I actually had stomach acid coming out of my nose. My chest is on fire right now and I'm waiting for my doctor to call, I called at 9:00 this morning. I've taken pepto, tums and my medication (plus a couple of extra capsuls). I also have been passing small blood clots when I blow my nose, usually very tiny, but this morning was about the size of a pea. I hope to god I don't have to have surgery and this can be kept under control with a different medication. sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Group: Members
Member No.: 828

well i hope you can get it controlled with meds...I am however now familiar with the surgery and it really isn't too bad or terribly invasive.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (MyBlueEyedBabies @ Dec 14 2006, 01:22 PM)
well i hope you can get it controlled with meds...I am however now familiar with the surgery and it really isn't too bad or terribly invasive.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear the surgery isn't invasive. I've heard of other people having this surgery done in Toronto, using lazers. Where I live it would be a little more invasive.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

laughingchoirsongstress
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6,725

Have you taken both antacids and prescription medicine such as Nexium? I know antacids only hide it for some time and it isn't generally recommended for severe reflux, but my man has acid reflux and I buy him some probiotic stomach herb to aid in flora in his digestive tract from the local health food store and it seems to help quite a bit, we have both noticed.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (laughingchoirsongstress @ Dec 14 2006, 02:30 PM)
Have you taken both antacids and prescription medicine such as Nexium? I know antacids only hide it for some time and it isn't generally recommended for severe reflux, but my man has acid reflux and I buy him some probiotic stomach herb to aid in flora in his digestive tract from the local health food store and it seems to help quite a bit, we have both noticed.

Right now I'm taking Losec (generic version) and that seemed to be working just fine, never needed the tums or pepto until early this morning. I will definately take a look for that stuff next time I'm out. Still waiting for the doctor to call.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

My doctor just got back to me. He told me to elevate the head of my bed, avoid caffeine and carbonated beverages and not to eat anything at least an hour before bed. He said if it gets worse then we will look at switching medications. He is the doctor on call at the Clinic on Thursdays so if it does get worse I will go in to see him.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Dec 15 2006, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

hug.gif I hope it gets better soon for you. My aunt has the same problem but her meds are working for her right now. But when they dont BOY its a whole other story like yours. I am sorry you have deal with it.
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Dec 15 2006, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Dec 14 2006, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (MyBlueEyedBabies @ Dec 14 2006, 01:22 PM)

Thanks, I'm glad to hear the surgery isn't invasive. I've heard of other people having this surgery done in Toronto, using lazers. Where I live it would be a little more invasive.

On adults (where I am) it is typically done laproscopically. Johnny's was traditional (for lack of the brain power to remember what it's called) but he truely has a one inch incision. He took morphine the first day but since then just tylenol...and we are now 3 days out and he hasn't even needed the tylenol since yesterday early afternoon. Adter hearing about the surgery my MIL who has been avoiding the subject for years decided it really sounds very easy and she will probably be having it done soon.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0278 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]