Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Drycleaner chemicals, not sure where to post this
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

DH's cousin just gave us a bunch of hand-me-down handknit wool sweaters that his grandmother knit for her boys. They're pretty cute, but made of that really itchy wool. I'll probably be putting them on Wil with a layer underneath, but I still want to get them cleaned somehow since they've been stored in a basement box for sometime. But the thought of drycleaning chemicals on Wil just makes me cringe.

What should I do? Any advice on ways to wash wool? I've made the mistake of putting wool in my own washer...it shrinks to wee size and STINKS!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I'll ask my mom she used to sell knitt kids cloths and stuff me in them as a younger child. uhh I Hated wearring it!! emlaugh.gif an underlayer sounds great!! I didn't get that benifit!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
ediep
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

i would hand wash in woolite

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

You can get them dry cleaned BUT when they come back throw the bags out right away and hang the stuff outside on the line so they are not in the house and they can air out.
I read that some place

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
jcc64
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

You live in Ca, don't you? Here in NY, organic dry cleaners are popping up all over- maybe there's one in your area?

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Sep 23 2005, 08:52 AM)
You live in Ca, don't you? Here in NY, organic dry cleaners are popping up all over- maybe there's one in your area?

Nope, used to, but I live in CO. Maybe in Denver, but I imagine there isn't anything organic here in Colorado Springs. We're so behind! I'll look though...thanks!

What about that Baby Oxyclean? I have a free sample. Would that be like washing in Woolite?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0150 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]