Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Passion and Intimacy Board suggestion
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,380

biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

what if maybe there was a time limit, you have to be an active member for a certain amount of time before you can get into the restricted boards. Then people aren't posting like crazy to get into them.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
kimberley
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

i actually prefer that idea to post count since anyone can post a bunch of stuff about nothing to get there if they really wanted to. any suggestions on a minimum amount of time?

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

MyLuvBugs
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (kimberley @ Aug 12 2006, 06:48 PM)
i actually prefer that idea to post count since anyone can post a bunch of stuff about nothing to get there if they really wanted to. any suggestions on a minimum amount of time?

I say keep it at 500 posts and a minimum of 3 months membership. That would make me feel more secure about making a post in there.

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
Jackie012007
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

I think a time requirement is better too. 3 months sounds good. I know I'm at like less than 400 posts... I've been here for a while now, probably a month or better, and I'm not in the habit of replying to every post on here with a small remark... hence my post count is kinda low and 1,000 posts seems like an eternity away! Of course I didn't even know such a forum existed on here in the first place tongue.gif but maybe a time requirement would be more effective for those of us who take time to share ourselves and don't just reply every 5 seconds... it just may add to the quality of the posts on here! wink.gif there's my 2cents.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I think 6 months is good if thats the way its chosen wink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
amymom
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I think both time and post count are important. Someone could sign on and not be active for 6 months and then all of a sudden they have access to the P&I forum and they are not known. I believe that I joined in January and posted a little during Jan & beginning of February then went away for a time, may have been a few months I do not remember then I came back and posted again. You all really would not have known me if I had popped into P&I so early in our relationship. And as we see above post counts can be manipulated. I think post count of 500 and 6 months on the boards would be a good solid relationship established. JMO.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 13 2006, 12:03 AM)
I think both time and post count are important. Someone could sign on and not be active for 6 months and then all of a sudden they have access to the P&I forum and they are not known. I believe that I joined in January and posted a little during Jan & beginning of February then went away for a time, may have been a few months I do not remember then I came back and posted again. You all really would not have known me if I had popped into P&I so early in our relationship. And as we see above post counts can be manipulated. I think post count of 500 and 6 months on the boards would be a good solid relationship established. JMO.

very good point I like that wink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 12 2006, 08:03 PM)
And as we see above post counts can be manipulated.

I just sure hope you can also see humor! biggrin.gif

No offense but I really doubt that once I reach any time and posting allotments and would be allowed access, that I would post in that forum.

I was a moderator at another website and one of the hardest forums to keep the spammers and trolls out of was 'Sexually Speaking' I imagine it was quite close to your 'P & I' Kudos to the 1000 post limits.

And geesh.........lighten up on the newbie k?
If anybody doesn't get my jokes just send me a PM and smack me in the back of the head saying KNOCK IT OF DORK!
mad.gif

Honest I'm easy to subdue wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Jackie012007
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

wow good point, I didn't een think of that! thumb.gif

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 12 2006, 11:03 PM)
I think both time and post count are important.  Someone could sign on and not be active for 6 months and then all of a sudden they have access to the P&I forum and they are not known.  I believe that I joined in January and posted a little during Jan & beginning of February then went away for a time, may have been a few months I do not remember then I came back and posted again.  You all really would not have known me if I had popped into P&I so early in our relationship.  And as we see above post counts can be manipulated.  I think post count of 500 and 6 months on the boards would be a good solid relationship established.  JMO.

My worries exactly, I was just going to say the same thing! Having both a minimum post count and a time requirement is a good idea. thumb.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (YuMe-n-GavMakes3 @ Aug 12 2006, 11:33 PM)

I was a moderator at another website and one of the hardest forums to keep the spammers and trolls out of was 'Sexually Speaking' I imagine it was quite close to your 'P & I' Kudos to the 1000 post limits.

Our P&I forum is password protected, so it's the only one we don't get spam in. wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
amymom
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

QUOTE (YuMe-n-GavMakes3 @ Aug 12 2006, 11:33 PM)
And as we see above post counts can be manipulated.

I just sure hope you can also see humor! biggrin.gif

No offense but I really doubt that once I reach any time and posting allotments and would be allowed access, that I would post in that forum.

And geesh.........lighten up on the newbie k?
If anybody doesn't get my jokes just send me a PM and smack me in the back of the head saying KNOCK IT OF DORK!
mad.gif

Honest I'm easy to subdue wink.gif

I am sorry you took offense to me pointing out your posts. I used your posts to show an example of how post counts could go high, just as I used my joining 18 months ago and not posting for awhile then posting later as an example. Both are examples of how someone could get around whatever requirement we put on this particular forum. I was not pointing a finger at you or me.

I imagine that your other forum was different, here at PC great care is taken to not have that. This is something I greatly appreciate about this forum. And this protection is why this old suggestion post was resurrected, I presume.

No offense was meant.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 13 2006, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 12 2006, 11:03 PM)
I think both time and post count are important.  Someone could sign on and not be active for 6 months and then all of a sudden they have access to the P&I forum and they are not known.  I believe that I joined in January and posted a little during Jan & beginning of February then went away for a time, may have been a few months I do not remember then I came back and posted again.  You all really would not have known me if I had popped into P&I so early in our relationship.  And as we see above post counts can be manipulated.  I think post count of 500 and 6 months on the boards would be a good solid relationship established.  JMO.

My worries exactly, I was just going to say the same thing! Having both a minimum post count and a time requirement is a good idea. thumb.gif

I agree

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Nope:

No offense was taken here happy.gif

I just wanted to be sure you all understood I'm REALLY not just some passing troll or perv. Just a newbie with a lame sense of humor.

Being a newbie I CAN get away with saying the truth about that type of forum without offending because I don't know anybody by their personality.

The truth is even WITH all the safety settings and time limits. A site this size will STILL have select members that pass all those gain access, yet members that have gotten to know them wish that ******** wasn't allowed in there because well.....I dunno they just kinda creep me out.

I can say that from being a Mod and knowing theres those select few at every website. Yet I'm not aware of who that type would be here cause I don't know nobody yet. laugh.gif

And if you don't have a few of those here, Man is this site blessed!
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Aug 13 2006, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (YuMe-n-GavMakes3 @ Aug 13 2006, 02:29 PM)
Nope:

I just wanted to be sure you all understood I'm REALLY not just some passing troll or perv. Just a newbie with a lame sense of humor.

Being a newbie I CAN get away with saying the truth about that type of forum without offending because I don't know anybody by their personality.

The truth is even WITH all the safety settings and time limits. A site this size will STILL have select members that pass all those gain access, yet members that have gotten to know them wish that ******** wasn't allowed in there because well.....I dunno they just kinda creep me out.

I can say that from being a Mod and knowing theres those select few at every website. Yet I'm not aware of who that type would be here cause I don't know nobody yet. laugh.gif

Let me just say that we all have kind of funny senses of humor...if that's the right way to put it, and some people just take it the wrong way, it happens at every site, but we're a great and diverse group and all of seem to get along just fine...unless I'm blind...I'm happy to be a member here.
wink.gif

And oh yeah-I think that the post count and maybe time restriction is a good idea too, I've posted quite a bit, just because I'm such a postaholic, and I can honestly say that I NEVER make it to P & I forum...
blush.gif blush.gif
I rarely make it past General Discussions, sadly.

Anyone else do the same?
blush.gif
Bamamom
Posted: Aug 14 2006, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

I like the time as a member idea. I too would like access to the forum but I try to never do that "I agree" or "me too"stuff cause ...well I just don't rolling_smile.gif But I've been a member for over 6 months and think that most folks know I'm a little quite but pretty trustworthy.

JMO!!! hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Aug 14 2006, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Just wanted to let everyone know, that I can take way post counts when needed. I will do this when I see someone just posting nothing to get their count up high. A mod will let me know if someone is just posting one word sentences or nothing useful just to get in that forum. I will simply reverse their post count.

The time limit was a good idea, but as someone has pointed out; someone could sign up and go away for a few months, then all of a sudden they have access to the password. I think a post count is the best way.
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

Just wanted to let everyone know, that I can take way post counts when needed. I will do this when I see someone just posting nothing to get their count up high. A mod will let me know if someone is just posting one word sentences or nothing useful just to get in that forum. I will simply reverse their post count.
That is interesting Rod. I never would have even thought that that would be possible.

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (ashtonsmama @ Aug 13 2006, 06:28 PM)
Nope:

I just wanted to be sure you all understood I'm  REALLY not just some passing troll or perv. Just a newbie with a lame sense of humor.

Let me just say that we all have kind of funny senses of humor...if that's the right way to put it, and some people just take it the wrong way, it happens at every site, but we're a great and diverse group and all of seem to get along just fine...unless I'm blind...I'm happy to be a member here.
wink.gif

And oh yeah-I think that the post count and maybe time restriction is a good idea too, I've posted quite a bit, just because I'm such a postaholic, and I can honestly say that I NEVER make it to P & I forum...
blush.gif blush.gif

Anyone else do the same?
blush.gif

I never think to go into P&I even though I do have the password to get in there. I just click View new posts or todays topics and read whats there, if P&I doesnt pop up for whatever reason I forget to check in in there.
We're all differant I guess....

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
WaitingForBaby
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 4,135

I dont know if i would feel that good about it, Post count would be good, but Im not so blunt to share, ehhee

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Brias3
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I think a couple of people are right here. Judging from the ways you could "get around" both a count and a time limit, I think the safest way is having both in place as the gauge.

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Brias3 @ Aug 17 2006, 02:10 AM)
I think a couple of people are right here. Judging from the ways you could "get around" both a count and a time limit, I think the safest way is having both in place as the gauge.

As Rod mentioned.

I'm quite confident that the best measures are in place. Knowing that some blowjoe can't just intrude by racking up the posts without having them taken away is good enough for me.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Aug 19 2006, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (AlexsPajamaMama @ Aug 16 2006, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (ashtonsmama @ Aug 13 2006, 06:28 PM)
Nope:

I just wanted to be sure you all understood I'm  REALLY not just some passing troll or perv. Just a newbie with a lame sense of humor.

wink.gif

blush.gif blush.gif

Anyone else do the same?
blush.gif

I never think to go into P&I even though I do have the password to get in there. I just click View new posts or todays topics and read whats there, if P&I doesnt pop up for whatever reason I forget to check in in there.
We're all differant I guess....

I'm so bad...as I said, I honestly don't make it past Gen. Discussion or the Pregnancy area on a good day...I want to get down to the other forums, just never remember to!
blush.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]