Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ugghhh! Help! So sore!
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The weather was so nice, DH and I went on our first bike rides of the season this weekend. We went for a short ride Saturday and then stopped at the park for Ashley to play. I felt like I had a work out on Saturday, but I didn't feel too bad. So, Sunday we went for about a 15 mile ride and then had a picnic at the park and let Ashley play with the kids for a few hours. (I pull the extra 35lbs of Ashley on my bike because the trailer fits better on my bike and I don't like DH's bike) By the time I was ready to go to sleep on Sunday, my legs felt like they were on fire!!! My legs feel so stiff and achey this morning. I know it is because I haven't really excercised through the winter, so we pushed it with a long ride on Sunday, but I don't remember feeling THIS bad last year. HELP... What can I do???

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

my suggestion is not to do some much at one time ohmy.gif

but really try eating a bananna (help me when I have worked them out to no end) and drink lots of water

This post has been edited by Kaitlin'smom on Apr 18 2005, 06:07 AM

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

When I have a really tough workout I usually am the most sore on day 2. You still were recovering from Saturday even though you were sooo sore yet and then you put another "workout" on top of it so that's why you are so sore. Take it easy for a bit and it will be much less sore the next time you do it.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

OMG I'm with Di try eating bananas i use to have to eat a lot of them when I was dancing it has something to do with the potasium (sp?) also take advil for the pain now (((HUGS))) I hope your legs feel better!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
bwalkerletters
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,670

Not much you CAN do to make your legs feel better........maybe your DH can give you a massage?? That helps temporarily. smile.gif It's just going to take about 3 days to start feeling better though.
PM
PascosGirl
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,590

Actually, you don't want to sit still because that only makes it worse. The pain is always worse on the 2nd day. I hope you feel better!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Wow that is a big workout! Have dh give you a leg rub and then take a long hot bath. thumb.gif I hope you feel better soon. grouphug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
ediep
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

thats a great work out!!! Everyone already gave you tons of advice, but I usually take some advil when I get muscle aches.

hope you feel better soon

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Apr 18 2005, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Keep riding that bike thumb.gif
It will be the best thing to do but dont push yourself to hard

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
ferocity302
Posted: May 6 2005, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,230

I have fibromyalgia and know exactly what your talking about. What you can do is to yes eat bananas for the potasium but you also need magnesium for proper absorbtion. So...... Bananas and Gateraid or some other sport drink that has magnesium will help.

Also....... it's Lactic Acid building up in your muscles and the best thing to get that out of there is to move move move. Do not strain your muscles, plain walking around helps but gentle stretching might also help relieve some of the pain.

Advil is Ibuprophen and it is a good pain medication and it also has some anti inflamitory ingredients in it as well........ don't be fooled by brand names the store brand of Ibuprophen is just as good as the name brands.

Water, Water, Water....... drink a lot of liquids to help flush out the impurities that have built up in your system. Keep moving though and don't give up on the bike.

thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
redchief
Posted: May 6 2005, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Eat a banana or two (not too many, because too much of a good thing is as bad as not enough). The potassium in the banana will help disburse the lactic acid built up in your muscles. Drink plenty of water. Stretch (that's going to hurt at first but will soon start to feel better) and go on another light ride to warm up the mucles... they'll be less agitated then.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]