Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> a few reminder questions...
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Feb 20 2010, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

It's been a while since I had to decide these things, so I need some reminders tongue.gif ....
When did you take the sides off the crib?
When did you give your toddler things like raisins and fruit snacks/roll ups?

Waylon is 15 months old now, and has just gotten his first molars in, though not of them are all the way in.

The crib just seems a little short for him, even with it on the lowest pegs. I know Will was at least 2 before I took the sides off and used a side guard, but he was a lot smaller than Waylon.

Thanks for helping me 'remember'! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Feb 20 2010, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I think everybody is different in when they do things.......

FOR ME:

I keep them in a crib til 3

I would think he could handle raisins and things like that, but I remember cutting grapes in half not that long ago and Laila is just over 2, I was a bit paranoid.......the Gerber fruit snakcs are SUPER soft and small, maybe try those~!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 20 2010, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Oh man, I don't really remember either! tongue.gif I think that he should be able to handle raisins just fine, and fruit snacks are pretty soft so those should be easy. Andrew was 1 1/2 when we moved him to a toddler bed so we'd have the crib for Allie, and he did pretty well with it. Allie just turned three today and we didn't convert her crib to a toddler bed until just before Christmas - she was pretty happy in her crib so left her alone. happy.gif She's done great with the sides off the crib though... she hardly even noticed the difference. tongue.gif

Lol Jen I know I STILL cut Allie's grapes in half sometimes. tongue.gif I know I stopped cutting Andrew's in half before he turned two but I can't seem to get it in my head that Allie is big enough to not need me to do that anymore.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 21 2010, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I kept them in the crib as long as I could too.
I think most of my kids were out though by the time they were two...and they just slept on a crib mattress on the floor, all but Andrew who had a twin bed when he was 18 months old with a rail.

I still cut my kids food up, its habit now.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Never needed to do that with the crib.

On the others, I just tried them whenever I felt they and I were ready, no set age.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I don't remember about the foods, but my kids transferred to a toddler bed at about 18 months. I waited until they tried to kill themselves by climbing out, then switched them.
PM
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I think Waylon may end up being moved sooner than Will was... he's already trying to lean as far over the side as he can. Turkey.
We may try some raisins with him.... he's been eating oatmeal raisin cookies, actually, but not plain raisins yet.
Thank for the help... this is one negative to having kids spaced so far apart, I guess. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (my2monkeyboys @ Feb 23 2010, 09:14 AM)
I think Waylon may end up being moved sooner than Will was... he's already trying to lean as far over the side as he can. Turkey.
We may try some raisins with him.... he's been eating oatmeal raisin cookies, actually, but not plain raisins yet.
Thank for the help... this is one negative to having kids spaced so far apart, I guess. biggrin.gif

Lol - I'm not sure it matters. tongue.gif Andrew and Allie are only 20 months apart, and there were a lot of things I couldn't remember the second time around! laugh.gif blush.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]