Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> NEW PGY, NEW EXPERIENCE, NEED HELP, NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO HELP ME
mommygrlof3
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,572

this is 2 seperate posts i put on another site and got no help so i am hoping someone here can help...

I AM PREGNANT W/ NUMBER 3, HE HAS ALREADY TRIED 2 TIMES TO COME AND THE LABOR WAS STOPPED BOTH TIMES BUT I STILL MANAGED TO DILATE 1CM AND EFFACE 70% NOW THAT I AM IN MY 35TH WEEK THEY WONT STOP LABOR, THEY GAVE ME THE SHOTS FOR HIS LUNG DEVELOPMENT INCASE HE DID COME AND THEY COULDNT STOP IT BUT SO FAR SO GOOD, HES UP AND CHANGED HIS MIND. LOL. ANYWAY, IVE BEEN EXPERIENCING CONTRACTIONS FOR QUITE AWHILE IN THIS PGY BUT FOR THE PAST WEEK, THEY HAVE GONE FROM TIGHTENING, BACK ACHE TO BAD CONSISTANT CRAMPING LIKE IM GOING TO START MY PERIOD, ALL 3 TYPES ARE WOUND TOGETHER SO I GET ALL 3 EVERYDAY. IT MAKES IT HARD TO TELL WHATS REAL AND WHATS NOT BUT NONE ARE CONSISTANT IN TIMING BUT THEY WERENT THE FIRST TIME I WAS IN LABOR, 4 MIN HERE, 7 THERE, 10 HERE 3 THERE, NEVER A EVERY SO MANY MINUTES SO THE FIRST TIME WHICH CAUSED THE CERVIX TO CHANGE, I THOUGHT IT WAS BRAXTON HICKS. AM I TOO JUST WAIT FOR MY WATER TO BREAK OR WHAT, I CAN AND WILL NEVER TELL IF THE CONTRACTIONS ARE REAL OR NOT AT THIS RATE, ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCE THIS? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO? ALSO, TMI BUT I HAVE BEEN PASSING PARTS OF PLUG EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS, ITS NOT PINK OR RED JUST YUCKY YELLOW. THE 1ST GLOB WAS HUGE AND THIS WAS BEFORE CERVICAL CHANGE AND DOC SAID IT WAS PART OF PLUG, NOW ITS LITTLE THICK SMEARS OF IT BUT NOT GLOBS. I HAVE ALSO BEEN EXPERIENCING LOOSER BOWELS WHERE I USE TO STAY CONSTIPATED, ALL THESE ARE SIGNS OF LABOR COMING BUT THE CONTRACTIONS ARE MY CONFUSION AREA. ANY INTAKE I WOULD SURELY LOVE. well, and update. i went in thursday last week, and i progressed to 2 cm, she told me to come off the contraction pills and wait for my water to break, she said, either i would do it, the baby would do it or the excess fluid which is only 1 cm more than normal would do it and last night i was in tears, ashton was pulling the lightening thing on me, it felt like he was a screw driver and i was the wood. it caused really extremely sharp pins and needles pain, it was like being constipated to the max and you get those sharp pains that last a sec but make you stop walking or moving, that was what it felt like, then with every twist of his head, i thought my bags were going to bust because it felt sooooo low. he moved less when he was down low. but he kept bouncing up and i would feel great and then he'd do it again, this went on all night, i know its coming, diarrhea, contractions, dilating and effacing, lost plug and still losing mucous, plus what happened last night, its coming and coming soon. and the doc wont stop it, i just started my 36th week today. and hes measuring at 38 weeks. im just waiting for the water to break or for something to tell me its the real thing. but last night i dont know what that was a sign of. i never went through all this before. they induced me with hunter and everything started after my water broke with renni. what do you think happened last night? i am also getting cramping like i am about to start period.
PMEmail Poster
mommygrlof3
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

went to doc appt. still dilated 2 and 70%effaced, he said another week or two and ash will be here. but then he contradicted himself by saying, take it easy so we can get him to stay in another week, like i can control my pgy, im measuring 39-40 weeks already. what does he want me to do, put a cork in it. if only i could. i want him to stay in there at least a bit longer but not way past lol. thats why i like my doctor, she gets to the point and never contradicts herself when speaking. some doctors i swear dont know what they are doing or saying. i did on the other hand experience a tremor yesterday morning, what a scary thing and the doctor that i saw said its normal in pgy. it has to do with blood pressure or blood sugar dropping. it was a different doctor i saw since mine was out on vacation. he said if it happens again call 911, i was like, no one i know ever experienced tremors during pgy and it didnt last long, what are they going to do, by the time emt's got here the tremor would be gone and there would be nothing they can do. he said i'd have to be experiencing it while they witnessed it. what good would it do of the tremor passes by the time the ambulance got here. what a freakin nut... i hope i never have to see him again. he leaves the mind boggled thats for sure. oh well, ashton will come when HE is good and ready, im not going to push it, im leaving it all up to him. i was contracting too 5 min apart while on the nst and the nurse seemed concerned that i was but it was no big deal to him. thats why ive giving up on these darn things and focusing more on my water breaking. ill worry about the contractions after that. the nurse also called our son a wild child, they heard his kicking all the way down the hall, lol, the nurses and doctors were laughing about it, i swear he was drawing back that big foot of his and then wailing the monitor on him. he was low so the heartrate one was low on the belly and the contraction one was at my belly button and thats where his feet were, my mom and i was getting a big kick outta his kicks. lol. atleast we know he can keep up with his sisters meanness when hes born hehe. it must be the shrimp he craves. that and blackberry cobbler. lol
PMEmail Poster
hopefulmomtobe
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,175

I think everything sounds like it is moving right along for you...he will be here in no time. You can stay dialated for weeks though, so I would just try and relax if I were you...when your contractions become more consistant and stronger is when you need to sit up and pay attention but it sounds like you are having really strong Braxton Hicks that are causing you to dialate. Also - your water may not break at all and they might have to break it for you...that happened to me a 3 times with my kids. So, I would just hold tight until your contractions really start getting steady and stronger. Keep him in the oven as long as possible though by resting and keeping your feet up. smile.gif Good luck!

--------------------
Wife to Jay and mom of 3...soon to be 4!!!

It's a boy! Jake Benjamin
pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar

Daisypath Ticker
PMEmail PosterYahoo

mommygrlof3
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

thanks i just wish it would be over with, this is the worst by far. and for me to be equal to that of a 39-40 week pregnancy, you can just imagine how much worse it makes me feel, all these prelabor things i am feeling are confusing b/c they are exactly the same as real thing. i just hope no one else is feeling it like i am. both my son and daughter were nice size babies 8 lbs 1 oz, son being 2 weeks early and daughter being on dd. so i know ash wont be huge but big enough. and if i go into labor now, he will be ok.but i fear of having him at home since my labor wont be but 1-2 hrs long from start to finish. that makes me more dreadful of missing the real thing. i just wish for one day i can enjoy this pgy without pain and suffering even though i know it is worth it in the end.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0516 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]