Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> getting nervous about baby
Signet_3
  Posted: May 10 2006, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,695

I'm just about 35 weeks pregnant and im starting to get really nervous. I'm not all that worried about the birth women have been doing it for thousands of years and now we have excelent care and technology (and drugs..lol). I'm mainly thinking about my baby boy. He is going to be SO small! My husband and I have allways known we wanted children so for the past 2 years or so ive been working in a day care. so i could get comfortable and have background and so that when we finally did have a baby i could bring him/her with me to work. well the day care i was working at didnt take infants under 3 months! we made an exception once with a little girl at 2 months but thats the smallest baby ive handled. i know i have more experience then most first time moms and i am completely confident with the after 3 months part but i am so scared of the before 2 months part! hes going to be soo tiny and super fragile! (by the way he better be a HE.. i didnt go nuts shopping but i made out like a bandit at the baby shower) If theres any advice anyone has im open to it! questions are welcome to! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: May 10 2006, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Just wanted to say welcome and congrats! I felt the same way too, I just had my first little guy in January, and I was worried I wouldn't know how to handle him or what to do, but you know what? It comes so naturally after you have a baby, and for some people, even if it doesn't feel like it's coming naturally to take care of a baby, they grow into it. Remember, your baby's never been a baby before, and he doesn't have any expectations as to what his mother will be like, so just try not to put too much pressure on yourself and your husband. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.
hug.gif
Keep us posted.
Hope you have a super easy labor/delivery, and I know that your little one will be such a blessing for you!
wub.gif
Signet_3
Posted: May 11 2006, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,695

thank you for your vote of confidence it means alot! i guess it'll be ok its just that hell be so small! lol ive been preparing for this since my husband and i started dating! when i say we allways knew we really did allways know we wanted kids! lol did anyones hip just KILL them when they tried to sleep at night?! i dont notice anything durring the day but man when im trying to sleep it is extremely uncomfortable! oh and my husband tells me yesterday he wants to buy us a house either next month or the next! has anyone else moved with baby so young? is it really hard? dont get me wrong im all excited about the house but im not sure if ill be up to the moving process! anyways, questions and comments are good and welcome smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: May 11 2006, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

wavey.gif Hi and Welcome and Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

You will be fine, I can just about promise. None of us were moms before our first one! You never know what your labor/delivery will be like, but I can tell you it was nowhere near as bad as I had imagined! And you'll do just great as a new mom, like Amanda said, some of it will come naturally and some you'll grow into. My only advice is to take people up on it if they offer to help, and sleep when baby sleeps.

Best wishes and KUP!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0103 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]