Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How did your DH/SO propose?, For those married or engaged...
ashtonsmama
  Posted: Apr 3 2006, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Just curious, I always love hearing these kinds of romantic stories! DH and I just watched You've Got Mail last night and it got me into my sappy/mushy/romantic mood...
laugh.gif
So here's our story, the real quick version!

Ryan and I both went to different colleges, but in the same general area, and one of our mutual friends noticed we were both single and basically set us up at a party one night-it was my best friend's 20th birthday party, and we all went bowling (yes, dorky, I know). Anyways, we started hanging out because we realized there was an attraction between us, and we just became inseparable!
wub.gif
After going on a vacation during Christmas break our junior year, when we went to visit his parents, we both realized things were getting serious-we just kept spending more and more time together, until eventually, he proposed! The actual proposal made me cry, because Ryan was SO romantic and planned it all out, he knew there was this garden near school, it was like a little park, a public one but pretty hidden so no one really went there...anyways, he knew I loved that spot and so he took me there one night after a special dinner and blindfolded me, he led me into the little garden area, and told me to open my eyes...and it was GORGEOUS! He must have spent hours and hours doing it all-there was Christmas lights on the vines and plants, and candles all over the ground, it was amazing...I can't even explain it. I so wish I could have brought a camera! It was perfect. He's such a sweetheart-and we got married about a year and a 1/2 after our engagement.

I'd love to hear everyone's stories, so type away!
wub.gif
Edward's Mommy
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

I Love Hanson

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,176

Chris and I just looked at each other and said "Let's get married" and that was it. Chris didn't really propose.

--------------------
~Brandi~ Wife to Chris (9/17/04) - Mommy to Edward (7/15/05)-Preston (5/28/08)
user posted image
user posted image [user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Where did this get moved to?!?
wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
I'm so confused...maybe the Love/Relationship area, whatever that's called?!?
Sorry to post it in the wrong spot!
unsure.gif

luvmykids
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

He woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to brush my teeth wacko.gif (I later found out that was so he could kiss me when I said yes!) After he talked me into doing that, he nervously told me how much he loved me and that he knew we were meant for each other and would have a wonderful life together and proposed.
PMEmail Poster
LoganAndAubreesMommy
Posted: Apr 3 2006, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,450

DH was my highschool sweetheart. We've been together since I was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!! We grew up five miles apart from each other in a very rural county. We went to rival highschools and both ran track. We met on April 18 1995 at a track meet. I'd known him before this b/c he used to date a couple of my friends in Jr High. ANYWAY, at the track meet, he literally just walked up to me and asked me if I would go with him to his Jr Prom. I was like...uh...I don't know. Later on, after the track meet, he came up to me again and asked for my phone number. I gave it to him. He called me a couple of nights later. He eventually invited me to his older brother's wedding which was on April 28 and we've been together since then. Actually, we split up for nine months in 1999 and realized that we really missed each other and wanted to be together so we got back together. We got married on November 9, 2002 and ended up having two children!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
MamaJAM
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,880

DH proposed to me on the phone...I was in my dorm room at college - he was at home. Actually - he asked me if I wanted to get married the next morning. I said that yes I would marry him but that I didn't want to elope right then. We ended up eloping about 4 months later.
PM
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

Well, it was October 20th 2002, and I think it was a Saturday.... Anyway, it was a really nice day, so I told him after I got done with laundry I'd like to go to the beach (we were in California at the time).....So, I got done with laundry and we got ready, and drove down to Newport Beach. It was just sunset, and we decided to walk around the beach a little bit.....and it started to get cold, and dark, and there were creepy people out there, so we went back to the car.

Now, the day before he was being an idiot and was trying to play on a skateboard, hit a crack on the sidewalk and crashed, so his knees were both scrapped up really back and he kept complaining about them hurting.....

Ok, so we get back to the car and I get in, but I started banging the sand off of my shoes while the door is still open, and I hear him complaining (yet again) as he get into my car and I think I said "what now!?!?! just get in the car, it's cold." something like that, or maybe "what is your problem, just get in the car..." Something oh so romantic, and he said something like "Ok. well, then take this." and I turned to put my shoes back on and see what he was talking about and there was this ring.....and he said after a long pause and a couple OMG's from me "I love you. Will you marry me?" wub.gif And of course I started crying and said yes. smile.gif and the rest is history. smile.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
MamaJAM
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE (amomsjob @ Apr 4 2006, 10:44 AM)
Well, it was October 20th 2002, and I think it was a Saturday

OK - now I really feel old! You were being proposed to on my oldest DD's 10th b-day! Someone go grab my walker! wink.gif
PM
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

Sal had a romantic proposal all set out ... but that didn't happen! It was still romantic just not how he wanted it to be! LOL! September 24th, 2005 smile.gif, I got off of work and came over to Sals place for dinner as I did normally, then he had me sit downstairs for a little bit and he went to his room. He was lighting candles that were on the floor, and spreading rose petals smile.gif, well, anyways, to skip some details, he said he wanted to ask me something but he didn't have a ring, and I said just ask me, I don't need a ring, a piece of string would be GREAT! smile.gif, so he asked me, and I cried even though I knew it was coming, and of course said yes. So, he asked me if I could get off of work the next day and we could go look at rings and un-hesitantly I said YES! smile.gif so we went and then picked one out and he asked me when we got out to the car and I said yes again ! smile.gif ...

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
kayla's mama
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Go Cardinals!!!!

Member No.: 2,015

Jason proposed to me at a park under the gazebo. It was romantic. We were married a year later. Our invitations had a groom and bride under a gazebo, it was so touching.

--------------------
Brandi~~wife to Jason and Mom to Kayla

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

On my knee, at the bay during sunset. smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
DVFlyer
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

I think I've told this story here before, so I'll paraphrase it:

I proposed underwater at about 30' using laminated cards and a ring box that looked like sea shell. smile.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
Kated
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,435

My Hubby took me over to the park near my parents house. THey have a beautiful rose garden that I love. On my birthday he took me there before we went to eat adn he did it. He was so......... nervouse I had no idea what his problem was until he asked me. Then he took me to red lobster where the entire family was there waiting to celebrate!!!!!!

--------------------
Kate D.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvbug00
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Oh man.. well mine was holloween last year. I have a ring that brad gave me for x-mas the year before. he basically took it off one hand and put in on the other and asked me to marry him. I said yes, OCT 29TH BABY!!!! anyway We've been together off and on for 7 years so I didn't expect anything fancy.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

MyLuvBugs
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (MamaJAM @ Apr 4 2006, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (amomsjob @ Apr 4 2006, 10:44 AM)
Well, it was October 20th 2002, and I think it was a Saturday

OK - now I really feel old! You were being proposed to on my oldest DD's 10th b-day! Someone go grab my walker! wink.gif

That's one of my best friends birthday's too. She turned 25 that day. smile.gif lol

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

I was in a friends wedding and we decided to stay at a hotel for the night. We walked in the room he sat me down on the bed and got down on his knee and said this big speech (I don't remember what he said because I was so excited) he then asked me to marry him and of course I said YES!!!

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Kated
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,435

I love hearing these they are great!

--------------------
Kate D.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
NEWMOM05
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,294

My Dh and I met on-line at a singles site. We met and literally fell in love and a few weeks later. He had just picked me up from work and pulled the car over. He pulled out a book of poems and read a poem to me about love, then he gave me aletter with a poem he had written and the question. When I said Yes. He pulled out a single White rose with the ring tied on a ribbon. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

We elpoped about a month later. Been together over 2 yrs. now. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster
garrettsmom
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,517

Scott proposed at the stroke of midnight of the millenium.

I had just worked a 12 hour shift, so we stayed home that night. I was sitting on the couch waiting for the new year to come in, he came over and pulled me off the couch and we celebrated. I looked away for a second, looked back and he was down on his knee with a ring. rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
zdk753
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,073

You all have such romantic stories. My hubby just looked at me one day & said "let's get married". We were married 2 mos. later.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0110 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]