Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Well, that sucked..., TMI inside
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,273

I had my annual visit to the gyno last week. Was actually about 8 months late, but seeing as there's not much activity and none outside of my marriage, I wasn't too worried. Anyway, went there, got the "way to go on losing so much weight since last time" talk. Did the exam, went home. Well, most of you know I've got an IUD, and I check the position of the removal strings pretty regularly. Like every other week. So, I was checking at my usual date this weekend and noticed that the strings were quite a bit longer than I remembered them being. So, I kind of did a short watch and wait, checked again Tuesday and felt a hard plastic thing. I called the office on Wednesday and they were able to get me in today. I had to use my lunch break. But anyway, turns out that the darn thing was, for lack of a better word, falling out. The nurse practitioner I usually see got the doctor, he came in and tried to reposition it (very uncomfortable) it didn't work and I had to have it removed (uncomfortable again). Both said that since I noticed it so soon, there was no sign of any infection, so they asked if I wanted to do that one again or if I wanted to try the Mirena or go back on the pill. I briefly considered being done with birth control, but even with the non "frequency" Aaron and I DTD that seemed unfair to make that decision without involving him in some way, so I had another copper IUD put in (uncomfortable, again).
So, I'm now protected until 2017, if I want to be that long. But man, I do NOT remember cramping like that with the first one. It literally felt like early labor again. Owiee!!

This post has been edited by MyBrownEyedBoy on Dec 13 2007, 07:30 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Ouch! I'm clenching down there as I read this! huh.gif So are you saying you haven't had AF for 8 months? Is that what the IUD does? Did the doc say why you haven't had it? Sorry, if I'm being nosey. Anyhow, sorry you had an unpleasant appointment, but at least it's over with and you are back to being protected like you planned (which wow, btw, that's a long time!). Glad it didn't fall out at work...Could you imagine?....Kelly, what's that falling from your pant leg? Ummmmmm, just my IUD. happy.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Dec 13 2007, 11:19 PM)
Ouch! I'm clenching down there as I read this! huh.gif So are you saying you haven't had AF for 8 months? Is that what the IUD does? Did the doc say why you haven't had it? Sorry, if I'm being nosey. Anyhow, sorry you had an unpleasant appointment, but at least it's over with and you are back to being protected like you planned (which wow, btw, that's a long time!). Glad it didn't fall out at work...Could you imagine?....Kelly, what's that falling from your pant leg? Ummmmmm, just my IUD. happy.gif

No, was 8 months late for appointment. Apparently I was due for one in April and didn't go until now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Dec 13 2007, 11:19 PM)
Glad it didn't fall out at work...Could you imagine?....Kelly, what's that falling from your pant leg? Ummmmmm, just my IUD. happy.gif

Thanks for the smile, Rae.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OUCH, sounds awful! I'm glad you noticed and were able to get in, but still...what a pain, literally hug.gif I had no idea they could come out that easily ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif yikes that SUCKS!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Dec 13 2007, 11:22 PM)
OUCH, sounds awful! I'm glad you noticed and were able to get in, but still...what a pain, literally hug.gif I had no idea they could come out that easily ohmy.gif

The doc said that he's never heard of one coming out after being in place for 3 years. After a month or two, maybe rarely, but never that long. So, I guess I'm just wierd.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
amynicole21
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Ugh! I'm sorry. I don't know anything about IUDs, but I'd been keeping that open as an option. I didn't realize they fell out tho blink.gif Seems... um... unsafe! ohmy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvbug00
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 04:31 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I know nothing of that kind of BC but I'm sorry you were in such pain hug.gif ( and note to self do not get IUD) writing.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lovemy2
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

OUCH - that must have sucked - I sooo hate going to the gyno (I guess there probably aren't many who DO actually like it) - honestly I do - its like the dentist to me - but I do LOVE my OB - we chat about his condo in Florida while he is down there laugh.gif Helps pass the time at least....

I am glad you got it fixed and there was no infection and I hope you are feeling better today - but get Aaron on that TTC wagon - we are running out of babies to be here..... laugh.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

OMG I just read this....I am scheduled to have an IUD put in in a couple of weeks. Ipes noooooo.gif

My doctor did tell me that the Mirena (good for 5 years) is not as uncomfortable (cramping wise) as the copper and after about 1 year you no longer have periods. I'm going with the Mirena one, I hope it doesn't hurt. I'm such a freaking chicken you guys. blush.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0170 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]