Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> bedwetting
ediep
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

hi everyone,

ok, so my son Jason is 8 1/2 years old and he still has a major bed wetting problem. I have taken him to his ped about it, we have had kidney and bladder sonograms, all have come back fine- thank God. At his 8 year well visit the ped said to give it another year, most kids outgrow it by 9. He never has a accident during the day- but he does have to pee often. His teacher even called me in the beginning of the year and told me that he has to go to the bathroom so often that she was concerned. I told his doc but he's not worried. He said that his bladder is not caught up up.

We limit drinks after dinner, he goes to the bathroom at shower time and again right before bed, he wears a goodnights (pull up thing) every night. The probem is he is a very deep sleeper and the feeling of having to go doesn't wake him, like it does most people. He often wakes up with wet sheets- even with the pull up.

I feel really bad for him because it embarresses him at sleepovers, he was so upset when he found out Emma (who is 4) doesn't wear a pull up to bed

anyway, my question is- his ped said there is medication that we could put him on that would stop bladder contractions. I didn't want to do this, but now im not sure.

thoughts?

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I'm not sure what the medication they want to give him, but when I was little even past Jason's age I wet the bed almost nightly. Eventually my mother thought maybe something was wrong and took me to the doc and they said I slept so soundly I couldn't wake up to go to the bathroom so they gave me some pill, it was blue, and it worked. I can't remember if I slept more softly to get up and pee or if it made it so I didn't have to pee at night, not sure.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Brooke is 7 1/2 and struggles with the same problem. She wets the bed between 2-4 nights most weeks. Our ped said the same thing, give it time, she'll outgrow it. She has always been such a deep sleeper that she has never once woken up because of a wet bed - she will sometimes get rashes on her butt and legs from being in the wet clothes for so long. I have considered asking our ped about medication for it but I haven't yet - I think if she's still not improved by her 8 yr checkup I'm going to.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif Sorry I couldn't be any help - just wanted you to know you're not alone.
PMEmail Poster

MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

We are still dealing with the same thing with Matt, either he sleeps so soundly he pees....tons and tons or he is so freaked out about peeing the bed he barely sleeps at all and is up every half hour to go. Apparently Dh wet the bed for years also and the Dr. then described his sleep cycles as he was sleeping so soundly it was almost as if he was in a comatose state. Eventually he outgrew it, but i dont know how old.

Matt too got upset when he found out Johnny didnt pee the bed anymore and stopped wearing pullups a couple years ago.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

If he finds it embarrasing, I'd investigate the meds. Olivia had 2 friends who needed pull ups when they stayed over. The girls were both 9ish when it stopped. They didn't seem bothered by it but every kid is different. I've heard that most peds won't even look at this as a problem til the 9-11 age.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
broncov8
Posted: Apr 10 2011, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,341

I have 3 kids and only the oldest who is 9 had a problem. 4 out of 7 nights his pull up was full and some weeks every night. Tried bed wetting alarm but only woke me down the other end of the house. We saw our doctor and got some tablets and they work not one wet nights.
it is a 3 month cycle for these tablets then you go cold turkey, the 3 month period is up next week. If you want the name of the tablets so you can talk to your doctor please email me broncov8@bigpond.com.
i do visit this forum or any and have never posted before, but when i was looking for bedwetting answers i only found the alarm.
hope this helps
PMEmail Poster
tapeters66
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,550

My child has the same problem, I found a bedwetting alarm at www.physiosupplies.com.au, it was the probably the best decision I have made. Within weeks it worked and the problem had started to stop.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]