Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Update on Wil, doing some research
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Sorry to ramble on about this, but I just need to talk. wink.gif So I had a meeting with the EI coordinator today and she suggested I actually speak with Wil's teacher first. To not really mention SI, but to just ask her how his general behavior is in class. And to talk with her about how he is doing with potty training. She asked that I give her a couple days to look into whether we can get continued EI services and to see if he can get an OT consult through the school district. So last night I got online (because I'm completely impatient) and found that Colorado Springs has a Child Development clinic that specializes in SID. And an author of one of the well-known SI books works in Denver, only an hour drive from here. So at least I know I have some options. There is also a parents of children w/SID support group that meets at the library. So I called the clinic today to just see whether they take our insurance and I was told that I need a referral from Wil's physician first. dry.gif Which seemed strange to me when I am willing to pay out of pocket. I explained to her that my ped wasn't so up on SI and that she sorta gave me the brush-off about it, so how was I supposed to get a referral. But she assured me that my actual ped refers kids to their office a lot. Hmm. Then she said that insurance (as in 85% of the time) does not covers SID. Great. Which brings me back to EI services now. DH says that we can pay out-of-pocket for the initial consult if we want a second opinion from the special clinic, which may be the way we go. So right now, although I feel like I'm getting somewhere, I still feel like so many people are looking at me sidways. The EI coordinator wasn't as helpful as I remembered. unsure.gif She kept saying things about my rights to have an EI meeting with Wil's teacher, blah blah blah. She sorta lost me. Anyhoo, that's the update for now. I'm going to email his teacher and give her a short version of my concerns. I really don't want to tell her too much in fear she will start labeling him. I'll let you know how it goes....

Thanks for letting me vent......... blahblah.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Good job - keep doing your research and please keep us posted!

thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I'd definitely do the consult and then go from there. I know it took almost a year to get our insurance to cover Megan's OT consult. They would not cover the speech consult at all. dry.gif We are still battling with the insurance company to have the right coding to get it covered, so I hope it happens. Otherwise we'll be going with EI through the school as well.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Nov 6 2007, 04:43 PM)
I'd definitely do the consult and then go from there. I know it took almost a year to get our insurance to cover Megan's OT consult. They would not cover the speech consult at all. dry.gif We are still battling with the insurance company to have the right coding to get it covered, so I hope it happens. Otherwise we'll be going with EI through the school as well.

Ugh, that sounds so frustrating Karen. Hope it finally comes through for you! smile.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

I'm glad you're keeping on top of it. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

keep on top of it bc they wont
hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0097 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]