Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I know it's everywhere!, but I can control it to some degree..
MomofTay&Sam
  Posted: Sep 10 2003, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

I do not allow my almost 11 yr old to watch the news, or any real tv for that matter. We have a satellite and I block out about 300 of his channels in his room. I strictly do not allow any tv watching before school(or games..gameboy, ps2 or anything like that) I want him to read which he loves to do and is very content to do. Now we live with the inhells(not for much longer) I walk upstairs to pour him some milk and the tv is on in the kitchen. (no one in there but my son) It was on GMA and they were discussing bombs and threats and stuff I would not allow him to watch. I turn the TV off and in comes the inhells..HEY we were watching that! I said he is up here for 15mins and I do not want him watching tv, tv about death is even out of control. They say.." well he hears it in school" I said sure he does, BUT I cant control the school, I can infact control his home life! What 10 yr old boy needs to watch GMA and hear about death/destruction before they go to fifth grade?? He is knowledgeable and knows about the world, but why let it be what is on his brain as he is starting his day??

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Sep 10 2003, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 223

I so agree with you! I think parents should control and be aware of what their kids see on television, and there is too much death and fear displayed, especially for young minds. I hope your inhells get the message! mad.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Sep 11 2003, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

I agree as well. There are just some things that children shouldn't have to watch. With everything that is going on in this world I don't blame you for wanting your son to retain some of his innocence. We were told on the news here that it would be a good idea to keep the younger children away from channels like CNN and FOX news because of what has been going on. Your inhells have no right to subject him to that.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 11 2003, 03:10 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

I sympathise with you! Like you I don't allow my children to watch the news, although the local Thunder Bay News is pretty tame! I don't allow them to watch inappropriate cartoon shows and I often get a lot of flack for it from my parents, my in-laws, my sister and my friends! They are only little for so long! My GOD just let them stay kids for a little while longer! Good For you for turning the TV off! That is something that I probably wouldn't have done, but from now on I think I will!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ediep
Posted: Sep 11 2003, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

I completely agree with you.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Sep 11 2003, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I agree with you. Parents nowadays are getting too slack with their children...which is why 11 year old girls dress up like total skanks, and are dragged on Jerry Springer with the Headline:

"My 11 year old daughter dresses like a slut. Please help me!"

and why 12 year old boys look like Eminem - right down to the tacky pants with t he underwear hanging out halfway down to their knees, and the big pendants, and the cell phones, and the piercings....

Hello?! lol! Do these kids' parents not care about their kids?!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0200 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]