Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need help finding shoes
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I need something I can wear with my jeans and cords, stylish but casual, and comfy for standing for long periods. I feel like all my boots are a little too hip LOL for my PTO meetings, gymnastics class, etc and they're definitely not practical for winter (ice and snow on the ground) but I have to have some height or my pants drag on the ground. Any ideas? I wear my cowboy boots a lot but I want something a little better than that, but not my pointy toed three inch heeled knee high boots, kwim?
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

what about the rocket dogs - clogs or full shoe - let me show you

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/a...SMOR&rfnbr=3033

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Monica I'm SO horrible at picking out shoes. I like the ones Jen posted. I do have some similar (Payless version) rolling_smile.gif They are comfy and warm and I wear them with jeans or khakis.

I was also going to suggest Ugg boots. They would look really cute on you! They also make a clog. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I actually tried those on and they were SUPER comfy but I just wasn't sure...I like that they seem warm too.

I have a pair of Skecher snow boots that I really love but they're TOO snow boot-ish, kwim? I can only get away with them when there are 6 inches or more rolling_smile.gif

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Oct 1 2007, 02:06 PM
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Or the full boot is fun too - i have both

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/a...SMOR&rfnbr=3033

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

What about mary jane flats with a slight wedge heel? Zappos.com has a ton to choose from. I think something like this would be really cute!

Zappos.com

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Those are really cute Rae, do you think I could wear them with my cords too? Or do you think they're too dressy?
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Oh woops...I totally forgot about the snow factor. Guess open-toe wouldn't work. But I really like those brown ones!

I actually like the no heel boots, like the 80's slide on ones. I think they are called slouch boots. They have a flat heel. And you could find rubber soles so you don't slip.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Oct 1 2007, 05:08 PM)
Those are really cute Rae, do you think I could wear them with my cords too? Or do you think they're too dressy?

Oh I think they would be totally cute with brown or black cords. And jeans! I would even wear them with cargo pants. Look around on that site. That was really the first pair I opened and really liked.

I asked for Uggs for my birthday, but I like them more as a wear-around-the-house shoe, like slippers. They would be ruined in an instant with the weather we get here.

I have a pair of burgundy Bass clogs that I wear a lot in the fall/winter. They are super comfortable...not the most attractive shoe IMO...but functional. They look great under cords and jeans and they make me tall.

What about a trendy pair of sneakers? I like converse or pumas with my cords...although I guess that wouldn't give you too much height.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I can't do the completely flat, just because I almost always wear heels so all my pants are on the longer side rolleyes.gif I have two pr of jeans that I don't care so much about, and wear my cowboy boots with those but I don't want to ruin all my other good pants laugh.gif

For my bday my mom got me a pair of ankle boots that have a heel, but it's thicker and shorter than my typical heels and therefore a lot comfier, I'm just not sure if they're outdated. I'll try to find a pic.

I also have a pair of boots with a wedge heel that I loved when I bought them in CA but when I wear them here everyone looks at me like I'm straight off Mork n Mindy rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

These are very similar to the ones my mom got me, but I still feel like they're a little nicer than I wanted. I want to look cute but not decked out, kwim?

I do like the idea of the clogs though, I may have to go try them on again with my cords.
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

Born is my favorite brand of shoes---there were some on the Zappo site

Mules

Bolo Wonder -

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I'm terrible at fashion, but I like the ones your mom gave you. I'd wear them with jeans or cords.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Those Borns are really cute, the clogs look super comfy. I think I'll have to check around here and see who carries them so I can try them on.

Thanks guys! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I, personally, can't stand mules/clogs for myself. I feel way too "motherly" like something my mother would wear. tongue.gif What about a boot with a thicker heel? I've got several different types of boots, some with thinner heals and some with thicker heals - the thicker ones are the ones I wear with cords and jeans. Otherwise, I have no clue.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Oct 1 2007, 07:09 PM)
I, personally, can't stand mules/clogs for myself. I feel way too "motherly" like something my mother would wear. tongue.gif What about a boot with a thicker heel? I've got several different types of boots, some with thinner heals and some with thicker heals - the thicker ones are the ones I wear with cords and jeans. Otherwise, I have no clue.

That is kind of my problem, but I didn't realize they'd come so far, there are actually some really cute/stylish ones.

The ankle boots my mom gave me have a thicker heel, I can make do with them, they're just not exactly what I had in mind.

Although, obviously I don't have anything in mind or I wouldn't be asking for help emlaugh.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0229 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]