Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Here.., am looking for help..
paradisemommy
Posted: Apr 26 2003, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 142

Hi everyone!! I am new to this site and had a few questions regarding bf. First off, is it possible for a baby to have an allergic reaction via the bm? Or is it usually done via foods he/she is eating (jars/etc.).

I am mommy to Taven who is 9 months tomorrow. About a week ago, dh had his lymph glands swell up for the first time and at the same time, I felt like I was fighting off a sore throat for a few days. We both had the flu shot this year. We both felt better but then ds suddenly had a temp one night and it got me worried. Now I am guilty of totally being paranoid as a first time mom so this is where i need some expert advice here from some experienced parents smile.gif. I took him to the dr. the next day (he had a high temp of 104.9) and didn't sleep all night - was just fussy from being so hot and uncomfy and he kept pulling on his ears. I had given him motrin which it didn't seem to help yet it lowered it down a bit. The doctor looked into his ears and he checked out perfectly and she tested him for the flu which it came back negative. So she said to just keep an eye on him and see if he gets better but it sounded like we all had a virus and he seemed to have caught it too. Dr. called the next night and I told her he still had a temp and slept horribly so she told me to bring him in again to recheck him. Well, that night, he perked up and started playing and his temp went down but that night it went up again. But then when we got to the dr. he was such a good bb, in good spirits and playing. So the next day, I notice he had a rash, just a mild one around his neck looking blotchy (little red dots) but not raised and didn't seem to bother him. His spirits is still wonderful and he seems to be feeling better. Now looks like some type of food allergy (possibly) but again, he doesn't look uncomfy, doesn't try and scratch it. So am I being totally paranoid in wanting to run to the dr. again??? Should I just let it go and see if it goes away?? Help!!! I know I am totally paranoid...
PMEmail Poster
5littleladies
Posted: Apr 26 2003, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Hi and Welcome!!!
It sounds to me like he got a heat rash from his fever-my kids have gotten this when they were sick before. If the doctor didn't seem concerned and your ds seems like he is feeling better then I wouldn't worry about it. However I know how hard it can be sometimes to not worry so if you are still concerned about it and he still seems sick I would just call the Doctor and see what she says-it is worth it to have peace of mind. smile.gif HTH!!

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
paradisemommy
Posted: Apr 26 2003, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

your opinion is greatly appreciated!! it helps a great deal. we were thinking it may have been an allergic reaction but now i think you are right and it's a heat rash because he only has the rash where he is covered: chest/back/tummy/sides and his mood is back to being happy-go-lucky redbounce.gif
thank you thank you thank you..i guess i was just looking for some reassurance - didn't want to be running to the dr. every time he got a scratch tongue.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster

ediep
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 03:03 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

hi and welcome!! I am sorry that your baby wasn't feeling well....I am also guilty of being a paranoid first time mom. The heat rash sounds right, and if the doc was worried, then you should try not to worry. I know that is easier said than done, especially when the baby isn't sleeping.

hope he feels better soon!

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 04:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I agree with the others, a heat rash sounds right!

Welcome!!! I'm sure you'll always be able to find plenty of advice here!! Not to mention great friends!

groupwave.gif grouphug.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Good question -- I don't know if babies can have a reaction to something you ate through BM. But, I agree with all of the above, it sounds like a heat rash.

I am glad everyone is feeling better! That would have scared me and I would have been paranoid too!

Taven probabley would have gotten it worse if you hadn't been BF. DH and I had some really nasty colds...ours lasted a few weeks. I was afraid Ashley was going to get it, but her's only lasted a few days... I chaulk that up to BF.

Sorry I wasn't much help, I just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing better now and send you some healthy vibes ~~~~

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
paradisemommy
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

thanks everyone!!! you guys are a great support group rolleyes.gif i'm happy to report we are doing much better. looks like it was just a heat rash because when we got up this morning voila - you could barely see it was there before. course living in hawaii and having a "hot" baby anyways doesn't help.
i am SOOO happy it wasn't an allergic reaction thumb.gif
again thanks - smile.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Apr 27 2003, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Glad to see your little one is feeling better, and welcome to Parenting Club!!!

As you have already seen, the people here are really helpful and friendly, and glad to have you - hope to get to know you better, see ya around!!

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
dhoppygirl
  Posted: Apr 28 2003, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 52

Welcome!!
I had the same issue with Peyton, he spiked a fever and then broke out in a rash..we were in the doctor's office in a heartbeat and the doctor calmed our fears!! I am glad Taven is doing much better now.
Since you live in Hawaii, hopefully we will get to know you lots better so we can come visit you...Hawaii is a lot nicer climate than Boise, ID, where we are! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Dawn
Mom to Peyton 9/23/2002, Sydney 3/30/2004 and Connor 11/15/2005
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]