Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Suggestions for some decent daddy gear.
fishingdad
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,337

thumb.gif I don't know about the rest of you dad's to be, but the thought of being seen with my wifes flower diaper bag when my son and I start to go fishing and camping, when he's old enough, or even going to walmart sends a shiver down my spin. I've seen some daddy products, like the leather messenger bags, but being a blue collar worker, that's a sure fire way of getting your head dunked in the toilet! My suggestion for a great daddy diaper bag for the blue collar guy is the Hobart Welding Mask backpack. It was made to hold your welding mask, but I found that it's just as capable to hold diapers, baby bottles, and even a changing mat. It also comes with a welding mask, gloves, and chipping hammer, just in case you need it later, you know, to weld any emergency diaper. And having the Hobart welding logo on the back, no one would even guess that it's being used for something else besides welding. It's also priced right at about 50 dollars. If anyone has any sort of great idea for daddy stuff, post it here. I'd love to read other creative ideas.user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I'd use my Targus laptop computer bag. The compartments are stiff and reinforced, and there's three separate, spacious pockets, and lots of little places to tuck things. That being said, I never had a problem with hauling around the diaper bag either. Of course my wife was conscientious enough not to buy the flowery, barf-pink-all-over-the-place diaper bags too. smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Well babies-r-us sells them that are just for Dads. They have camo colored and all kinds of them. Try looking there.
PMEmail Poster

Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

This is why I got one that is a neutral color and plaid. It's pretty "manly" looking. Just to comment though...usually when a child is old enough to go fishing, you aren't toting around a diaper bag anymore. wink.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
fishingdad
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,337

When my nephew was born, we had him fishing with us at 3 months of age, off the bank. He was 13 months when we had him on my bass boat for the first time. He's now 3 years old and loves to go fishing. We always needed a heavy duty bag because they got beat around pretty good. You can bet that when the weather starts to warm up and crappie start to bite, my son and I will be there. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fishingdad on Jan 31 2007, 03:28 PM
PMEmail Poster
kc2dpt
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 12,618

We bought a beige diaper bag from BRU. They had nauseating bags but they also had plenty of neutral bags to choose from too.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0116 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]