Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My 16 week appointment yesterday
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

I was so hoping that my OB would have time to pull out the portable u/s machine and take a peek ~ I'm dying to know what this baby is! But she was really busy again and so I didn't even ask about it. dry.gif Oh well... the nurse is going to schedule my big u/s in the next day or two so hopefully she'll be able to get me in for that asap. My doctor said between 18-20 weeks and I said preferably 18. tongue.gif

Anyways, the heartbeat was in the upper 150's, and everything else is going well. thumb.gif My doctor said I can take Claritin because my allergies have been making me miserable, so that's good. happy.gif I still haven't gained any weight, but she said my uterus is growing so it's ok for now. I may not have gained any weight, and I don't look like I'm showing, but my jeans sure are getting tight! rolleyes.gif

I forgot to ask about the dizzy spells I've been having and the fact that I'm bruising a lot, but I've been slacking on taking my prenatal so I'm probably a little low in iron. I'm trying to remember - I took it yesterday and today. I hate taking it though because it makes things a little er... slow if you know what I mean ~ and I have enough trouble in that department as it is! wacko.gif I also really think I might have vertigo but I've never asked about it so it's never been diagnosed. I just have times where everything is spinning around me, and I'll sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with everything spinning. It started when I was pg with Andrew and just never went away. dry.gif I keep meaning to ask at my appointments but I always forget.

So that's my little update - I wish I had something more exciting to tell, like the sex of the baby! dry.gif tongue.gif The next few weeks are going to just drag.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
~Roo'sMama~
  Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

The nurse just called and said she scheduled my u/s for September 19th at 4pm. That's three weeks away! bawling.gif smash.gif banana.gif wacko.gif tongue.gif How am I going to make it the next three weeks? I want to know NOW! tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Well sounds like everything is going pretty well. Hope you get to see what this baby is at 18 weeks. thumb.gif

BTW, I got those spinning spells when I was pg with Kylie and then they never went away. I was later diagnosed with vertigo. Now that you had it when you were pg with Roo, so it makes me wonder what the correlation is, ya know. Weird.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Aug 30 2006, 09:17 AM)
Well sounds like everything is going pretty well. Hope you get to see what this baby is at 18 weeks. thumb.gif

BTW, I got those spinning spells when I was pg with Kylie and then they never went away. I was later diagnosed with vertigo. Now that you had it when you were pg with Roo, so it makes me wonder what the correlation is, ya know. Weird.

That is weird - I wonder what it is about pregnancy that causes it. unsure.gif

I'll be 19 weeks when I have my u/s - I just found out when it is. I was hoping for 18 weeks but I guess maybe it'll be easier to tell what it is. I'm just so darn impatient! tongue.gif

--------------------

PM
5littleladies
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 30 2006, 09:15 AM)
The nurse just called and said she scheduled my u/s for September 19th at 4pm.  That's three weeks away!  bawling.gif smash.gif  banana.gif  wacko.gif  tongue.gif  How am I going to make it the next three weeks?  I want to know NOW!  tongue.gif

Happy Birthday to Lissa! She will find out about her new little girl friend that day! wink.gif Three weeks will fly by super fast-Well for me at least! sunflower.gif

My vertigo (which appeared with Lissa) seems to have calmed down somewhat, although I do still have episodes. I wonder what's up with that? huh.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Aug 30 2006, 11:21 AM)
My vertigo (which appeared with Lissa) seems to have calmed down somewhat, although I do still have episodes. I wonder what's up with that? huh.gif

You too? This is very freaky! I wonder how many women who've beared children have this now. Mine is a lot calmer but I have episodes too and when I do they are DOOZIES. wacko.gif sad.gif

This is really starting to freak me out as to why this happens in pg and doesn't go away. unsure.gif They first thought it was a low blood sugar thing when I was pg with Kylie but when it didn't go away after having her they started doing tests and found out it was in fact vertigo.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Aug 30 2006, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 30 2006, 09:15 AM)
The nurse just called and said she scheduled my u/s for September 19th at 4pm.  That's three weeks away!  bawling.gif smash.gif  banana.gif  wacko.gif  tongue.gif  How am I going to make it the next three weeks?  I want to know NOW!  tongue.gif

Happy Birthday to Lissa! She will find out about her new little girl friend that day! wink.gif Three weeks will fly by super fast-Well for me at least! sunflower.gif

Fly by.... yeah right. tongue.gif Well good - does this mean I don't have to buy Lissie any birthday presents? wink.gif

my dizzy spells that are probably vertigo did get a little better a few months after I had Andrew, but it never went away completely and now that I am pg it is worse again. I should ask Dr Suppes about it next time and see if she can tell me why it shows up when you're pregnant and then stays to haunt you forever. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Well, it sounds like everything is going well. hug.gif 16 wks, no weight gain and not showing. ohmy.gif I'm so jealous...especially since this isn't your first pregnancy. With Ethan I was showing immediately. blush.gif

Glad everything is going well, Sara. I hope the Claritin helps with the allergies. hug.gif

I've also had the vertigo since Maddie...can't ride roller coasters anymore sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Tiggersmom2
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,917

I wanted to chime in on the prenatal vitamins. I used to take Strong start and they slowed everything down.....ugh. I mentioned this to my doctor and he wrote me a script for Duet chewables. OMG! These things are wonderful!!!!! They have an ingredient in them that "softens" things up. wink.gif It does a great job....love my vitamins! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Aug 30 2006, 01:48 PM)
Well, it sounds like everything is going well. hug.gif 16 wks, no weight gain and not showing. ohmy.gif I'm so jealous...especially since this isn't your first pregnancy. With Ethan I was showing immediately. blush.gif

Glad everything is going well, Sara. I hope the Claritin helps with the allergies. hug.gif

I've also had the vertigo since Maddie...can't ride roller coasters anymore sad.gif

No roller coasters?! sad.gif I haven't been to an amusement park since before I was pregnant with Andrew... I didn't even think of that. It makes sense that it would cause problems though. Bummer.

I kind of wish I was showing... I'm fine with the no weight gain, but I'd like to have something to show for the last few months of feeling crappy. tongue.gif

The Claritin helped a lot yesterday - I took it in the morning and I felt great all day. thumb.gif But, it's supposed to last 24 hours and my runny and stuffy nose came back around 8 pm. dry.gif And of course I had to wait until this morning to take more and it's taking awhile to kick in. It had better not be because I bought the store brand. rolleyes.gif Oh well at least it helps for most of the day. happy.gif

--------------------

PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Tiggersmom2 @ Aug 30 2006, 06:48 PM)
I wanted to chime in on the prenatal vitamins. I used to take Strong start and they slowed everything down.....ugh. I mentioned this to my doctor and he wrote me a script for Duet chewables. OMG! These things are wonderful!!!!! They have an ingredient in them that "softens" things up. wink.gif It does a great job....love my vitamins! thumb.gif

Huh, that sounds really good... I should ask my doctor about those. thumb.gif How do they taste? The only chewable vitamin I've found that I actually like the taste of is regular Flinestones. tongue.gif

--------------------

PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 31 2006, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Aug 30 2006, 01:48 PM)
Well, it sounds like everything is going well.  hug.gif  16 wks, no weight gain and not showing. ohmy.gif  I'm so jealous...especially since this isn't your first pregnancy.  With Ethan I was showing immediately.  blush.gif

Glad everything is going well, Sara.  I hope the Claritin helps with the allergies.  hug.gif

I've also had the vertigo since Maddie...can't ride roller coasters anymore  sad.gif

No roller coasters?! sad.gif I haven't been to an amusement park since before I was pregnant with Andrew... I didn't even think of that. It makes sense that it would cause problems though. Bummer.

I kind of wish I was showing... I'm fine with the no weight gain, but I'd like to have something to show for the last few months of feeling crappy. tongue.gif

The Claritin helped a lot yesterday - I took it in the morning and I felt great all day. thumb.gif But, it's supposed to last 24 hours and my runny and stuffy nose came back around 8 pm. dry.gif And of course I had to wait until this morning to take more and it's taking awhile to kick in. It had better not be because I bought the store brand. rolleyes.gif Oh well at least it helps for most of the day. happy.gif

Claritin doesn't work for me at all. I have to take Allegra (which requires a rx) rolleyes.gif

I tried riding a roller coaster after Maddie was born and I was so sick. It made me dizzy for weeks. blink.gif Everyone thought I was pregnant, but I didn't get pregnant until the month after. laugh.gif I get motion sickness anyway, but that was just really awful. sleep.gif I can ride the regular roller coasters, but the upside down, twist around, don't know where you're going coasters I can't do. There's one in the dark at our six flags and I can't ride it b/c I can't see where it's going.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

awww I can't believe your already 16wks this pregnancy is flying!!! OMG i can't wait to find I'm really excited are you hoping for one or the other?? anyway glad your app. went well!!! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

wub.gif sounds like a great appt. sorry you have to wait so long but i am sure it will be well worth it when you get your results. i am thinking pink wink.gif

i went thru dizzy spells too with 2 pgs. lotsa water, prenats and no rapid movement was all i could do. i still get them from time to time too but i think it is fatigue and dehydration.

can't wait for your update! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Tiggersmom2
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,917

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Aug 31 2006, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Tiggersmom2 @ Aug 30 2006, 06:48 PM)
I wanted to chime in on the prenatal vitamins.  I used to take Strong start and they slowed everything down.....ugh.  I mentioned this to my doctor and he wrote me a script for Duet chewables.  OMG!  These things are wonderful!!!!!  They have an ingredient in them that "softens" things up. wink.gif  It does a great job....love my vitamins! thumb.gif

Huh, that sounds really good... I should ask my doctor about those. thumb.gif How do they taste? The only chewable vitamin I've found that I actually like the taste of is regular Flinestones. tongue.gif

The Duet chewables taste even better than Flintstones to me. They have an orange-vanilla flavor....they have really been a godsend during this pregnancy b/c I was having some horrible constipation problems with my old vitamins. blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]