Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm thinking about cutting Hanna's hair
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

OK, I'm really really wanting to take some length off of Hanna's hair but I'm scared to death!!! Hanna's hair is literally almost to her butt, I have had it trimmed and a few inches cut here and there but nothing over the top. She has a lot of natural curl at the ends of her hair and that is what I don't want, I absolutely do not want to cut the natural curl out of her hair for fear of it not growing back. It's so close to summer, the summers here are so hot and sticky, almost unbearable and her hair is a tangly mess in the summer, I'm tired of only being able to do ponytails and even then her hair is too heavy, it doesn't stay up. What do you guys think is a good length? I really don't want to bob it or anything, anyone ever cut their kid's hair that was curly, I don't want to cut the curl out! unsure.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

Kaitlin is losing most of her curl the longer her hair gets. cutting might lose it and mihgt bring it back tolife you never know for sure till its to late, sorry. If you still want to be able to put it up I suggest sholder blade lenght, in about the middle, sill on the long side but shorter than now.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,464

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Mar 19 2008, 11:48 AM)
. She has a lot of natural curl at the ends of her hair and that is what I don't want, I absolutely do not want to cut the natural curl out of her hair for fear of it not growing back.

Emily does to which is why I haven't cut it. Good luck. I hope the curl stays. Aiden had curly hair and after I cut his it stayed curly so you may get lucky!!!

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Macie had Shirley Temple ringlets down to her butt......until Kylie cut off Macie's ponytail one night bawling.gif Now if I let it dry naturally it's got a lot of wave but no curl.

I think it depends on how truly curly her hair is, my SIL does a little girls hair that is super curly no matter what but she said some girls (like Macie) only have that first batch of curly hair and thats it.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I am no help, Ashlely never had as much as a wave in her hair. LOL. But, I still don't want to cut her hair short. I get about 2 inches cut-off every other month. It grows so quickly though. I'm sure Ashley will want to have it cut in a few years though. I'm just babbling and not much help,huh?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jamison'smama
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

You'll know if the curl is there to stay when you look at the fine little baby hair at the base of the neck. Jamison's hair gets straighter (not straight) when it gets long but when it's cut, it is much curlier. No matter how straight her hair gets, the little hair underneath and around her face is always curly.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 19 2008, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I understand your fear - Madison had the most beautiful ringlet curls in her hair until I cut it - now it is straight as can be. sad.gif But I will admit it's much easier to take care of, and the woman who cut it did a fantastic job - she did little layers or something and it's got so much volume and looks really cute.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Mar 19 2008, 05:09 PM)
You'll know if the curl is there to stay when you look at the fine little baby hair at the base of the neck. Jamison's hair gets straighter (not straight) when it gets long but when it's cut, it is much curlier. No matter how straight her hair gets, the little hair underneath and around her face is always curly.

You know I never thought about looking at the new growth. I have noticed if I let it air dry as it gets longer the curls are obviously heavier and not as curly, but it's just that it's at the ends and like someone else said that first batch might be curly and that's it. Well I'm going to do it at her shoulder blades and see what happens..... unsure.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I'm cutting alyssa's hair this summer too and a LOT of her curl is at the end but one thing I have noticed is lissa's hair is REALLY thick and heavy and thats why its JUST at the bottom. My best friends hair is the same way.. the longer Alyssa's hair gets the less curly it is on a normal basis. I would cut a couple of inches and then go back a couple weeks later and cut a couple more if you realy worried.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Mar 19 2008, 03:44 PM)
some girls (like Macie) only have that first batch of curly hair and thats it.

I had curly hair when I was a little girl...now its has some natural waves but no curls

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
3xsthefun
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

I think doing it had her shoulder blades should be ok. I'm not brave enough to cut Maegan's hair yet we have had it trimmed a few times but didn't take a lot off. Besides I'm not really ready to cut her curls yet.

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

Lily had beautiful ringlets until Aaron cut her hair when she was about 2. I had to cut around 5 inches off and now she doesn't have curls but it is really wavy and holds curls really well if I curl it for her.

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
bawoodsmall
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Mar 20 2008, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Mar 19 2008, 05:09 PM)
You'll know if the curl is there to stay when you look at the fine little baby hair at the base of the neck.  Jamison's hair gets straighter (not straight) when it gets long but when it's cut, it is much curlier.    No matter how straight her hair gets, the little hair underneath and around her face is always curly.

You know I never thought about looking at the new growth. I have noticed if I let it air dry as it gets longer the curls are obviously heavier and not as curly, but it's just that it's at the ends and like someone else said that first batch might be curly and that's it. Well I'm going to do it at her shoulder blades and see what happens..... unsure.gif

When are you gonna get it cut? We want some pics when you do.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
curl
Posted: Feb 1 2011, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,286

I have noticed when I give her anything with wheat or oats she has a reaction. But you never know when things got changed.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0121 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]