Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> B12 sublingual
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I've taken multi-B vitamins before, but can't remember the dosage. A friend of mine recommended taking B12 sublingual, that it works better, but I don't know how much to take. They are 500 mg microlozenges. How do you take if you do? It says I can take 1 to 5 on the bottle.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Sublinguals dissolve under your tongue so perhaps it gets into your system quicker. Otherwise, it's the same as B12 in a standard vitamin.

We bought them for our kids- especially Keian because B12 is supposed to help with Autism.

I've taken them. It seems like I got a boost of energy afterward.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I used to get injections.

It's a fat burnin' wonder. laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

DVFlyer
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Mar 9 2010, 06:14 AM)
I used to get injections.

It's a fat burnin' wonder. laugh.gif

We give Keian B12 injections...

It's amazing what people will try because someone has a "D" next to their name. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Ok, so no one knows the dosage?

I didn't know it was a fat burner. I was told I needed it because I get tired so easily. dunno.gif Probably wouldn't help me with the fat burning....nothing does. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 9 2010, 11:00 AM)

I didn't know it was a fat burner. I was told I needed it because I get tired so easily. dunno.gif Probably wouldn't help me with the fat burning....nothing does. rolleyes.gif

huh.gif Wierd.

have you thought about Potassium supplements? I have some on days where I have trouble with my energy levels. The brand is Micro-K... you need a prescription for the ones I have... but you can buy OTC potassium supplements at a pharmacy.

Just don't take it after 3pm.. you'll be up late. tongue.gif

As far as dosage.. it IS a supplement, not a chemical thing.. (well it's chemical, but it's a chemical copy of what your body produces.. it's incredibly difficult to OD on natural enzymes etc... lol) I'd take one and see how it affects you... if you have energy then great.. if you don't.. then take a 2nd one... but don't take more than 5! laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Adults (over 18 years old)
Recommended dietary allowances (RDAs) are 2.4 micrograms per day for adults and adolescents aged 14 years and older, 2.6 micrograms per day for adult and adolescent pregnant females, and 2.8 micrograms per day for adult and adolescent lactating females. Because 10-30% of older people do not absorb food-bound vitamin B12 efficiently, those over 50 years of age should meet the RDA by eating foods fortified with B12 or by taking a vitamin B12 supplement. Supplementation of 25-100 micrograms per day has been used to maintain vitamin B12 levels in older people. A doctor and pharmacist should be consulted for use in other indications. Vitamin B12 has been taken by mouth and given by intramuscular (IM) injection by healthcare professionals. One clinical trial tested patients' acceptance of intranasal vitamin B12 replacement therapy (500 micrograms per week).

Children (under 18 years old)
Recommended dietary allowances (RDAs) have not been established for all pediatric age groups; therefore Adequate Intake (AI) levels have been used instead. The RDA and AI of vitamin B12 are: infants 0-6 months, 0.4 micrograms (AI); infants 7-12 months, 0.5 micrograms (AI); children 1-3 years, 0.9 micrograms; children 4-8 years, 1.2 micrograms; and children 9-13 years, 1.8 micrograms.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 9 2010, 08:00 AM)

i'm pretty sure the sublinguals we have are like 2000mcg.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0158 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]