Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This just seems strange., My youngest daughter and her friends.
Lizzie
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,984

Well, again im here with a problem coming from my youngest. Shes 15, soon to be 16. shes very much intrested in a man she met a camp, who is almost 22. I know what you are all thinking, this is insane. I agree, to an extent. The kid doesnt drink, smoke, swear, nothing, hes very into making the best of your life but being yourself. He wants the best for her, and quite frankly since hes been in her life, there has been less yelling, less drinking its almost down to none at all. And no more smoking with friends, nothing at all. So, do I let them still keep in touch? We are in CT and he is in Arkansas for school. She goes to an All girls school, and he doesnt party, so shes not worried about the whole cheating thing at all. They are happy together, a phone call each day, and an im or email on the days when her softball and swim get in the way. How much longer do I let this last? He comes to CT in the summer becuase he lives here, and shell see him at camp next summer as well, imneverous about COMPLETELY cutting them off becuase she will be 16, and she does have many frineds that can drive, so i dont want her to run off, which i think we are on such good terms right now that, that wont happen. Her brother and sister even like the guy, and for her older brother to like a boyfriend, jeeze thats amazing. They only went out 3 times alone, but as far as i know nothing big happened, exept an innocent kiss. So your opinion on this would be great.

And now for my next delemia. My daughter, her favorite teacher just quit her job, and shes very very much upset about all of this. But they began emailing eachother, on her home account. They talk almost daily, the teacher is female, and on the younger side, still with a husband and her own children. But i mean, how bad can it be? My daughter claims its like a big sister, but ive noticed her holding out on her own big sister to tell what is basically a strnager comapred to her real sister. Do I allow this to contuine? Or do I put my foot down? They are going out to dinner together, her and 4 of her other friends wiht her. But im trying to understand waht is a healthy way of staying connected and what isnt. My friend said it sound like the boyfriend is playing the role of a father, and the teracher is the new mother. I'm neverous that shes right. Your opinons on this would be extrememly helpful.

--------------------
Lizzie
wife to Mike
mother to Chris, Kev, Kate
PMEmail Poster
Nina J
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

I think he sounds like a really nice guy, he's obviously got good morals. I would let her continue talking to him. A 16 year old girl with a 22 year old guy sounds like a big age gap, but I think 6 years isn't that big of a deal. It's just because she's younger, KWIM?

As for the teacher, I'm not sure. Going out to dinner with an adult and her friends?? Sounds a bit bizarre to me. How many 16 year olds want to spend and evening with a married woman with kids and her friends? Not saying it's wrong, but it's a bit weird, IMO.

Let us know how everything pans out thumb.gif

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
maddie223
Posted: Aug 26 2006, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,382

This is seriously not a good idea. The bigger the age gap, the bigger difference in the way they think. He will have different expectations of the relationship. People his age are thinking about marriage, babies etc. At her age i imagine she would be thinking differently to him. He sounds like a nice guy but going out with someone who is 6 years younger than him is seriously stupid. I mean, it would be good to have the relationship for friendship i guess. If he thought about himself 6 years ago, i imagine he would be pretty different.

I am a teenager myself, i am 14 and i have a child of my own. I think its pretty outrageous to go out with a guy with that age gap.

But at the end of the day, it is up to you to decide whether or not she sees him.
I think you should let her keep in contact with him but not let her have a actual relationship with him.

--------------------
Charlie Maya Withers 12th/6/06 - 30th/8/06
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0224 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]