Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Daughter Suspended, help with my daughter
CantWait
Posted: Mar 28 2006, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (LonelyDadTo2 @ Mar 28 2006, 03:13 PM)
Did I make the right decision? Because I feel like I didn't do the right thing.

hug.gif Absolutely. Best wishes to your daughter that she gets the much needed help for herself and gets better, and for you so that you can continue to stay strong for both yourself and her.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Mar 29 2006, 04:19 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I think you saved her life. Best wishes to you and your dd. Take care. Keep us updated. hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Italianhuney
Posted: Mar 29 2006, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,421

Hey how is everything going? and YES you made the right decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a fact so don't even worry about that. She is in good hands. My sister at the age of 12 (now 16) was in the same boat, she ended up cutting her legs up with knives wanting to commit suicide but we called the police and they admitted her to a hospital. She stayed in a home for about 4 months after that she was pretty much fine, they put her on medication, haven't had problems since. I'm sure your daughter will get over things with professional help. Just hang in there, we are here for you!!!
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Mar 29 2006, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif I'm so glad you sought help for her. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for you and her, but try to keep in mind that whatever the root of it is, she is not herself and is emotionally distraught. Don't take it too personally, she has to take it out on someone because she just can't do anything else right now. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
LonelyDadTo2
Posted: Mar 29 2006, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,453

Thanks everyone for all of your support. It's been so crazy around here. Jess won't talk to me and she is mad at me. I think it's just because I brought her to the hospital. I don't think she understands that this is for her own good. Thanks again everyone and I'll post again soon.
PMEmail Poster
Bee_Kay
Posted: Mar 30 2006, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

I am glad to hear that you made that decision. I am sure it is hard but I think you know she needed it.

Good luck and keep us updated.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
LonelyDadTo2
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Hello everyone just wanted to post you on my daughter's progress.

She is out of the hospital and she is home. She is mad at everyone and STILL remains in her room. She just won't talk to me about anything still. She goes to a pshyciatrist and doesn't tell her anything. All of this made me think that maybe I'm not parenting her correctly or maybe since all of this occured around her mother's birthday it makes her miss her mom. I don't know but, I'm happy she's home and safe. I going to try to not leave her side and makes sure she doesn't write anymore notes. Thanks for all of your help and support

LonelyDadTo2
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 16 2006, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. In fact, I think you're doing everything right. Teenagers can be very vindictive and can carry a grudge a long way. I'm thinking she feels as if you will "get off her case" if she refuses to talk to you and does other things to make it clear she's unhappy with what's going on. I think you have to keep a close eye on her, continually remind her that what you're doing you are doing FOR her out of love, not because you want to see her unhappy. I also think continuing the phsycho therapy is important. I feel she'll open up to her doctor before she will you, because there isn't the emotional barrier with the doctor. I truly believe she'll come around, though I don't think you can hope for overnight healing.

Your bravery and courage are commendable. Many in your situation would have long ago given her up for lost. Hang in there and keep us posted!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
LonelyDadTo2
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Okay, I offically give up. I can't take her writing anymore notes. Right now she is with her pshyciatrist. I had to call her immediately once I found another suicide letter in the bathroom. I told the pshyciatrist everything and she will try to get everything out of her. I can't take anymore and I might as well just give up because this child isn't getting any better only worse.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I know you're beside yourself and I'm sorry. You've spent nearly all of your time here talking about your step-daughter. I get the feeling that you're kind of feeling like all of this got dumped in your lap, unfairly. What are you feeling about all of this?

--------------------

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
amymom
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Oh Gosh! I hope the doctor helps her so that she has the life you want her to have. Please continue to take care of yourself even while you are struggling with this. I wish you well. You and your children are in my prayers.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
1lilpeanut2love
Posted: Apr 22 2006, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Lot of candles for Spencer! Praying he gets better soon!

Member No.: 3,094

I am so sorry to hear about all of this! Please don't give up her. You might regret it! She needs help. Maybe she needs to be taken to a mental hospital. Many prayers and pt's coming your way. hug.gif

I have been thinking about you and your story a lot lately. Please keep us informed about any news. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
LonelyDadTo2
Posted: Apr 27 2006, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

bawling.gif Hello everyone. I'm sorry it took me so long to post. I have been very depressed the past couple days. I will always remember April 23, 2006 and July 1, 1992. My daughter Jess commited suicide on April 23. She left a letter to Sam reading:

"Hey buddy. I'm sorry I put you through so much for so long. You deserve to be with your dad by yourself. I took all of the attention away from you. I'm sorry. Sammy I love you a lot and please never forget me. With Love, Jessica Ann."

I miss her so much. Thanks for all of your support that all of you have given me. I greatly appreciate it. bawling.gif

LonelyDadTo2

This post has been edited by LonelyDadTo2 on Apr 27 2006, 02:03 PM
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Apr 27 2006, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

I am very sorry to hear this. You are still in my prayers. Take care.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

1lilpeanut2love
Posted: Apr 27 2006, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

OMG!! bawling.gif bawling.gif I had been thinking about you all. I was hoping and praying for the best. I am SO, SO, SO sad about the events in your life. I wish she would have reached out to you or someone else for help. I will continuing to pray for all of you. hug.gif Don't give up on yourself or your younger daughther. I feel so bad for you!! Please keep us posted with what's going on in your life.

RIP-- little Jessica Ann. May you be with the lord. I hope that everyone forgives you for what has happened. I hope you are no longer in any pain. I love you girl!!

hug.gif hug.gif Dad you are a strong person. Keep your head up. Take care!:hug: hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kittilicious
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 01:57 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,627

This whole thread just breaks my heart... then to read the conclusion. I am so sorry this happened. Teenage years are hard enough for "normal" kids, whatever you want to call normal... but you throw anything into the mix and all hell breaks loose.

It sounds like you did everything & anything possible for her. You're only human, you could only do so much.

My mom died when I was 8 and even though my dad remarried, I still had this aching to be with her. There were times that is all I wanted... just to be with her again. It was a very very powerful feeling that I remember well.

The main thing you can do now is find it in your heart & soul to forgive her... and forgive yourself. For everything. Once you can do that, you will be at peace that you are a good parent. You are a good parent.

--------------------
user posted image
(Otherwise known as Berleen)
Mom to Taryn 9-25-1994 & Kristina 5-16-1996
Wife to Jason 7-22-95
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lesliesmom
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

I am SO sorry this happened. I have been praying for you and Jess since the first time you posted. I'm sure you're going through a terrible time right now (and Sam as well). I wish you both the best and will continue praying for you. I also hope you get yourself (and Sam) some counselling. This is devastating to a family. Just know, that from what I have read here, I think you did everything you could for her within your power.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
Halo42101
Posted: Apr 28 2006, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,035

I am sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I just read all of it today and I would like to give my condolences to you & your daughter, Sam. I will be thinking about you & praying for you & your daughter. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
LonelyDadTo2
Posted: May 2 2006, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

I just wanted to say that I am currently going to counselling. I have a therapist and I am telling her everything on my mind. At the funeral however I was extremely suprised to see everyone from her school. Her best friends and their parents, teachers, and guidance counselors. I knew Jess was greatly loved I just wish she knew that. Thanks for supporting me until the end.
LonelyDadTo2
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: May 2 2006, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please remember that you did everything you could to help your daughter. Best wishes for the future, and I hope that you'll be able to heal and find peace. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Bee_Kay
Posted: May 4 2006, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

I am so sorry.

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
1lilpeanut2love
Posted: May 4 2006, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

I am continuing to prayer for you and your other daughter. Best of luck to the two of you. May you get through all of this. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 4 2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif I am so sorry for your loss. I know you were hoping for the best more than anyone and did everything you could. Please don't blame yourself, you are a wonderful father. I will continue to pray for you and your daughter and hope the counseling helps in some way. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: May 4 2006, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

My heart aches over your pain and loss. God bless you.

--------------------

AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: May 4 2006, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0184 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]