Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Feeling like someting is stuck in my throat
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

We were all sick with something this week. It started with headache, then chills and fever, weak, achey feeling where you can't even get out of bed, followed by the congestion. I am pretty much over it except for this cough. I have a constant feeling like something is caught in the back of my throat. I am so tired of coughing. I'm surprised that my throat doesn't hurt from all the coughing, but it doesn't. If that feeling would just go away, I am sure the cough would too. I have tried gargling with saltwater and it still doesn't help. Any other ideas? It's driving me insane... even wakes me up from my sleep.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Kinda sounds like Strep to me. sad.gif

Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Alkaseltzer helped mine a bit, but not 100%. I didn't have all your symptoms, just congestion and terrible cough that after 10 days I ended up going to the Urgent Care because I started spitting up blood w/mucuous. I know, GROSS! Sorry TMI. blush.gif They gave me an antibiotic for pneumonia, and still after being on it for 10 days I still have a cough, but it's a lot less. So it's been 20+ days so far and won't go away. rolleyes.gif

Have you tried a netti pot? I've heard those sometimes work. Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

well there is a few things going around DH doc told him he has whooping cough (still dont by it) and there is also croup going around along with pnemonia. DH had been to the doc 2 times and called one other for meds. he has been hanigng on to what ever it is for 3 weeks. he cough is just starting to get better now. Hope that feeling goes away I hate those.

oh and honey has helped him some with the cough

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Mar 6 2009, 02:59 PM)
well there is a few things going around DH doc told him he has whooping cough (still dont by it) and there is also croup going around along with pnemonia. DH had been to the doc 2 times and called one other for meds. he has been hanigng on to what ever it is for 3 weeks. he cough is just starting to get better now. Hope that feeling goes away I hate those.

oh and honey has helped him some with the cough

That reminds me, Di, honey and lemon juice are good for sore throats and I'm sure for coughs. I usually warm it.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kentuckychick
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,085

Does it feel like a lump in your throat when you swallow?

I had strep for almost a month back near September and at one point I woke up in the middle of the night literally feeling like I was choking on a gumball. I'd swallow and swallow and it wouldn't go down. I'd choke and gag and it wouldn't come up. It disappeared after about two agonizing days during which I was determined I'd sprouted a phlegm tumor (ew I know!) and when I followed up with the doctor he said it's caused by a muscle spasm in your throat.

It was not a fun feeling.

He said the best thing you can do if that happens is swallow as little as you can, drink warm liquids and try your best to relax your body.

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I had that feeling once when I had a bad cold/sore throat... I really thought that I had gotten a piece of food or something in my swollen throat, and was trying to get it out with a q-tip, but it turned out to be a pus pocket. puke.gif Could it be something like that, or mucus or something? If it doesn't get better soon I'd go get it checked out! hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]