Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Update on Zachary's test results..
zacharysmomma
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

rolleyes.gif Well I picked the semi-smiling icon because for the most part it was good news. thumb.gif He does have severe reflux, which we pretty much already knew, but his heart is perfect. He did, amazingly, have 2 blue spells while with the cardiologist, and he was very "impressed" with it. He checked his o2 sats and they were around 89/90 while having a spell, which is low. huh.gif He has some theories and suggested more testing. He thinks he may have a partial collapsed lung due to respiratory issues, therefore his red and blue blood is mixing. Or he could be aspirating into his lungs. Hope to find out soon. Keep fingers crossed! wavey.gif baby.gif

--------------------
Jyll and Zachary Joseph born 7/12/02 edd 9/5/02
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
ediep
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Jyll,
I am keeping Zachary in my prayers. Good Luck with the further testing.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
razz05
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 48

Zachary is in my prayers! I hope things get better. That's great news tho about his heart! Good luck!

--------------------
Lindsay mom to Laiken (6-3-00) and Sawyer (1-31-03)
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

MommyToAshley
  Posted: Apr 18 2003, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

It's great that his heart is perfect! biggrin.gif

I hope all goes well with the rest of the testing. I'll say an extra prayer. You sure do have a trooper there-- that's one special little guy!

As for the reflux, I've been there and it's no fun, but good thing is that they usually outgrow it!

Give Zachary a hug for me!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 05:01 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Dear Jyll and Zachary:
So glad to hear that Zachary's heart is fine!! Also, no matter how strange this seems, that he had those spells while you were there so that the doctor could see what you were talking about, and maybe help lead him to resolving those issues!

We'll be thinking about you and sending you some good vibes......take care and let us know when you know anymore... <<HUGS>> to both of you!

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
aspenblue1
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

Glad to hear that Zachary's heart is fine. I will be keeping Zachary in my prayers. Hope everything goes well with the tests.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

Well I am glad to hear Zachary's heart is good. As for him having thoes spells while there, its actually good, now they know what you are talking about and can hopefully help him. I hate when doc's or heck even auto mech look at you funny when you try to explain the problem and they dont see or hear it them selves they tend to think you might be a little crazy! I hope all is well with him and I will keep him in my thoughts.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Hi Jyll,

Zachary will be in our prayers. Very happy that his heart is doing great smile.gif

We have experience with reflux. I myself have the adult problem with it occasionally and Ashley had it too. What did your doc prescribe for Zachary? Ours prescribed Zantac liquid form. It seemed to help but it is nasty tasting... I tried it and knew why Ashley kept spitting it out wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Schnoogly
  Posted: Apr 18 2003, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Member No.: 82

So glad his heart is OK!! 89-90 is a little low for normal (usually 97-100) but not really that low--before Iain's surgery I'd be jumping with joy to see sats that HIGH. (usually 70s) It definitely could be aspiration--a friend who has a heart baby also w/severe reflux always had spells when he aspirated gunk into his lungs and choked. Hope it gets resolved soon!!!

Steph

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
momofajcl
Posted: Apr 22 2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 43

Thanks for keeping us updated Jyll thumb.gif You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! Glad to hear the good news on his heart but worried now about his lung(s).

--------------------
Heather - mommy to 3 boys
Andrew (1/24/96)
Christian (1/16/98)
& Nicholas (9/20/02)

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 22 2003, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Glad to hear about the good news, thoughts for you on the not so good news!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
dhoppygirl
  Posted: Apr 22 2003, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 52

Thanks for the update on Zachary!! You've got a strong little guy there! I'll keep him in my prayers! Good luck with the rest of the testing and make sure to keep us informed.

--------------------
Dawn
Mom to Peyton 9/23/2002, Sydney 3/30/2004 and Connor 11/15/2005
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0139 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]