Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Natural Progesterone, Ovarian Cysts, more....
coasterqueen
  Posted: Feb 2 2009, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I will try to be short, but somehow I don't think I will be. tongue.gif Back in September of last year I found a compounding pharmacist to work with to help me figure out my severe migraines as well as other issues. I was taking motrin 24/7 and had had stomach problems for the past few years because of it. Well the pharmacist (Dave) had me do saliva testing and the results showed that I had absolutely NO cortisol and that my hormones were entirely out of whack (estrogen dominance - usually caused from the pill). The results explained why I had a lot of female issues so after discussing it with Dave further we chose to get off BCP and take natural progesterone. I believe I started the NP in October. Since then I've battled 3 UTI's, being on antiobiotcs 4 times in a 2 month period for them. I've also apparently gotten ovarian cysts. Now, I have battled ovarian cysts since I was 12 or so and put on BCP to "tame" them. I was off BCP to have both girls and nursing both of them, so for 3+ years. During that time I never once had the cysts come back but NOW that I'm off BCP and taking NP they come back. I go back to the gyn later this month but I know she's going to tell me to go back on BCP and she's absolutely against NP. dry.gif Dave is working with me to figure out what to do with the NP to tame the cysts, but haven't found anything yet. Now I've had a lot of issues trying to get the right dosage of NP and so far still haven't gotten the dosage right. It's sort of driving me mad.

Anyone have any experience with NP, ovarian cysts, etc??? The reason I'm so bent on doing NP and not BCP is because of breast cancer and other female cancers. They run strong in my family. My grandmother just died in January due to breast/lung cancer. I was diagnosed with fibrocystic breasts last year and I'm just scared out of my mind that I will have to battle breast cancer as well. Not to mention there have been other female cancers running strong in my family and hysterectomy because of them.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Feb 2 2009, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

I don't have any advice, just wanted to offer hug.gif

I know it can be frustrating trying to figure out health issues. I hope they figure something out.

I personally am totally against BCP, they make me ILL . I do have PCOS, where I have cysts on my ovaries but had soe burst awhile back ( one of the most painful things ever). I know you can take Metformin for them, I haven't done a lot of research on the drug, but I know it has been known to help in cases where women have te OC ...

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]