Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Physical therapy?
coasterqueen
Posted: May 28 2009, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I have my first physical therapy appointment to find out what the deal is with my hip. They are trying to find out if the pain in my hip is nerve, muscle or both. They told me my 1st appt. would be 90 minutes since they don't know if it's nerve or muscle. I'm a bit nervous as to what they are going to do to me. Anyone have experience w/PT? My appt. isn't until 5 so I won't get home until 7 wacko.gif and then I wonder if I'm going to be exhausted and sore. wacko.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: May 28 2009, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

My 16 yo ds has done pt several times, and it was such a good experience that he plans to become a pt himself. (we're looking at schools right now) He's never complained about pain--it's really just a bunch of targeted exercises to restore your range of motion. They have all kinds of special machines to help you make progress incrementally and w/o undue stress. I think you might actually even enjoy it. Good luck!

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 28 2009, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (jcc64 @ May 28 2009, 02:56 PM)
My 16 yo ds has done pt several times, and it was such a good experience that he plans to become a pt himself. (we're looking at schools right now) He's never complained about pain--it's really just a bunch of targeted exercises to restore your range of motion. They have all kinds of special machines to help you make progress incrementally and w/o undue stress. I think you might actually even enjoy it. Good luck!

Hmm, sounds like working out to me. That's not fun. tongue.gif No, that's seriously what has probably got me to this place, anyways. UNNEEDED weight has probably caused my hip problems, so I know what the key is....working out....just no time, no desire. blush.gif blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: May 29 2009, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well Jeanne, you were right. It wasn't that bad. tongue.gif They think I have a bulging disc from their evaluation, but aren't quite sure yet. They gave me a bunch of exercises to do at home and at work and I'll go 2x a week for 4 weeks. The PT I worked with last night was awesome. She listened to everything I had to say and really seemed to care, you know, unlike most doctors these days. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: May 29 2009, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I hope everything goes well with the PT. I had neck and shoulder PT a few years back. In the case of my neck the problem is nerve... not much can be done except keep the muscles around my neck strong to alleviate some of the pressure. I have a partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I did the PT to help with the pain. It worked, but I still throw like a girl. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]