Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Has anyone done Curves?
danahas4monkeys
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 942

I'm just wondering what kind of success Curves has? I got a thing in the mail for 3 free weeks and was considering it since well its free and Curves is like a block away from my house! So I could walk! Another added bonus! I could do it while the kids are in school and I would have a month before my surgery to work out and could go back after I heal!

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Both of my Sils have done Curves and to be honest, even when they were going 3-4 times a week neither of them lost weight from it.
PMEmail Poster
danahas4monkeys
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 942

thanks good to know!

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo

BabyOwen427
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

I used to work at Curves like two years ago. I never saw anyone loose any substancial weight. There was this one lady who was dieting and excersizing and doing Curves, when I saw her last month she was still as large as she was two years ago so I dunno if she just fell off her dieting or what.

Also, Curves is kinda expensive IMO. Yeah, you have a three week free coupon but if you want to continue after your free trial then there is a signup fee which if I remember it's about $130. Then you have a monthly fee, if you opt to pay by the month it's $40 a month. If you sign a one year contract it is $30 a month. However, if for whatever reason you need to get out of that contract they make you buy your way out of the contract. So if you are like 6 months into your year contract when you decide you need out you'd have to pay another six months worth.

My advise. Take full opportunity of that free trial. Use it every day. If at the end of the trial you believe wholeheartedly that the program will work for you then go for it. If you feel slightly doubtful then be cautious of signing any paperwork. Believe me they are trained to speed talk through the contract details and talk up the machines and the diet.

Good luck!! Hope this helps.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Oct 4 2007, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

No offence to anyone that has done it, but Curves is a cop out for a real workout. Their motto is like 30 mins 3 times a week, and really if you're looking to lose any substancial amount of weight, that just isn't going to cut it. The machinary they have also isn't cut for 1. Losing weight or 2. Building muscle, which anyone that is losing a lot of weight or working out needs to do anyway. For the cost of the program it really isn't worth it. If anything that 3 week pass will be good for a start, getting you out of the house and getting you into a routine. Be careful though, places such as that thrive on bullying and hounding you buy a full membership.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
hoosier momma
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:04 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 6,091

QUOTE (CantWait @ Oct 4 2007, 10:00 AM)
No offence to anyone that has done it, but Curves is a cop out for a real workout.

Have you ever tried it????

--------------------
Brandy
Wife to Hughie
Mommy to John Robert

user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
momtoMegan&Alyxandria
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,452

My mom was doing it for over a year and she quit because she never saw any changes in her weight. She said she had better success with Water Aerobrics. biggrin.gif Water Aerobrics is fun too. I went with her several times when I lived with her 4 years ago.
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

I've been taking Kick Box Aerobics at the Y, but honestly, I don't think THAT'S enough for me... sleep.gif I think I need something like 3-4 days a week instead.

(Kick Boxing was 2 times a week and it was an intense hour, and I have seen no weight loss in about 6 weeks)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0189 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]