Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Princess Patty Parsnip, and the Fate of the Pinewood Islands
grapfruit
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,476

Story I wrote for class. I have to preface it w/the comment that in my mind this could be TONS longer, but my assignment was to write a "short story"...so I had to cut it down emlaugh.gif

Tell me what you think!!!!

Princess Patty Parsnip and the Fate of the Pinewood Islands

Chapter One

Princess Patty Parsnip ripped into the turkey leg, letting the grease drip onto her already soiled dress. Chewing the turkey loudly she watched the court jester juggle four torches. She laughed and spit some of the chewed meat out when the jester accidentally set his hat on fire. The turkey rained down onto her ample bosom.

Princess Patty was a huge woman. At 23 she had become grossly obese, weighing a staggering 287 pounds on a short 5’ 2” frame. She scratched her greasy, stringy hair sending the lice running for cover. Princess Patty thought that since she was the ruler of The Pinewood Islands she could do whatever she wanted. So she only took a bath when she felt like relaxing, she rarely brushed her hair, and was rude to almost everyone. She never brushed her teeth, so they were brown, stained and rotting.

Sarah England was filling a ceramic pitcher with Princess Patty’s favorite red wine. She wrinkled her cute button nose as she watched the slovenly Princess stuff her face with food. It was hard for Sarah to believe that Princess Patty was her cousin. They couldn’t be more different. Sarah was beautiful; everyone said she was the most beautiful woman in all the Islands. She was tall and slender with curves in all the right places. She had long luscious blond hair and clear sky blue eyes. The eyes were the only feature Sarah and Patty shared.

Sarah quietly deposited the pitcher next to Princess Patty and slunk away before any of the greasy food could be splattered on her clean plain working dress. Sarah watched her cousin from the shadows remember how life used to be before she was pressed into service as a handmaiden.

Chapter Two

A young giggly Sarah blew a white dandelion head at her cousin Patty. The slender brown haired girl screeched with laughter and ran off toward the creek where the girls liked to swim.

“Last one to the creek is a toad kisser!!” Patty yelled back to Sarah, her blue eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

“No fair!” Sarah pouted as she took off after her cousin, “You got a head start!”

Sarah was a few inches taller then her cousin and ran like the wind. Her long legs ate up the distance quickly and she reached the bank at the same time Patty did.

“I’m not a toad kisser today,” Sarah panted.

In the meadow where the girls were just playing they heard their ponies whinny a greeting.

“Girls!” a voice called from atop a huge black stallion.

“It’s your dad, maybe your mom and my parents are home” Sarah whispered.

“Coming!” they shouted in unison, running to him.

The handsome King dismounted and knelt to the young girls level. His face was grave, and his green eyes lacked their usual twinkle.

“Girls, I have something to tell you both. You must promise me to be brave.” The King began. “The ship got caught in a storm. Nobody made it to shore.” He embraced them both, pulling them tightly to his massive chest.

“What about my daddy?” Sarah choked out between sobs. The King answered by wiping a tear from her dirty face and holding her close so she could sob against him. “Why did they have to go?” She screamed in pain.

“Sarah honey, you know it was to protect our kingdom from the Doyle family. We need to keep peace with them, they’re our neighbors,” the King explained. “By marrying Patty to Prince George it keeps our magic ore on the Islands. Look, they need our resources for money; we need someplace to trade them. We give them a cut of the profits and we don’t have to travel for months to sell our ore to the Far Off Lands. What your parents and aunt did was save our Kingdom.”

Chapter Three

Sarah was moved into the castle under the orders of her uncle, the King. She was sad, her blue eyes didn’t shine like before. The loss of her parents took her innocence as well. She didn’t like to go far from the castle; she hadn’t gone with Patty to the meadow since That Day.

Six months had past, but the pain still was strong. And Sarah was noticing that her Uncle didn’t seem quite right. He had doted on the girls since the loss of his wife and his sister and brother in law. Lately she hadn’t seen him around the castle. He seemed to spend all his time in his quarters. Last night she had seen the doctor running through the hall to his room.

“Patty” she whispered outside her cousin’s door. “Patty is you still awake?”

The door swung open and a sour faced Patty glared out. Patty had taken the death of her mother harder then she liked to let on. She tried to ease the pain with food and had already gained 20 pounds. Her face looked puffy and her dresses were starting to strain at the buttons.

“The doctor went to your dad’s room again,”

Patty instantly lost her sourpuss look and slid into the hallway with Sarah. “Let’s go then.”

Chapter Four

Sarah sighed and moved towards the kitchen, escaping before her fat cousin demanded something else of her.

“Why did I promise him to take care of that cow?” she muttered to herself. She knew the answer. The King said he needed her to take care of his daughter. That Patty wasn’t as strong as Sarah, it was up to her. The kingdom needed her. The King had suffered a stroke, he couldn’t rule like before. Since that day he had four more strokes. It was amazing he was still alive, even if he was basically a vegetable.

Sarah pulled the pins out of her hair and let it fall down her back. She winked at old cook and slipped out the kitchen door. Sarah was off to the village to visit her fiancé Marcus Goodfellow.

Marcus was the handsomest man in all the Islands, probably the nicest too. He was the village blacksmith and had hard compact muscles. Sarah loved letting him put his strong arms around her. She loved looking into his shocking green eyes and running her fingers through his jet black, wavy hair. He was the only thing that kept her sane after working in the castle.

Sarah thought her relationship was unknown to her cousin, but Princess Patty had lots of spies in the village. She knew all about the engagement, and she had no intention of allowing the two to marry. She wanted the handsome man for herself.

Chapter Five

Princess Patty reread the letter from Prince George.
Dear Princess Patricia Parsnip,
I have read over your proposal to sell your beautiful cousin Sarah. In place of my marriage to you, and control of both Kingdoms, I will receive Sarah & 100 lbs of Ore. In return I will cut your personal trade tax in half and agree to stay out of the Pinewood Island borders for the remainder of my life and the lifetime of my children. Accompanying this letter are 4 of my bravest knights. They will be taking my bride to the Dragon Mountain in my kingdom for safekeeping.
Sincerely,
Prince George Doyle

Chapter Six
“Where is she?” Marcus screamed at the castle door. “Answer me Patty! I know you can hear me!”

“She left you,” Princess Patty called from a window, “She wanted more then you could give her. She’s marrying Prince George from Shaleland. Why don’t you come up, I’ll comfort you.” Patty wiggled her large breast at him and sprinkled magic ore dust out the window onto his head.

Marcus shook the dust of his hair and glared at Princess Patty. “Your magic isn’t strong enough. My love for Sarah has more magic then that damned ore. I will find my love and I’m bringing her back to challenge you for the throne!”

Chapter Seven

It took Marcus months to find Sarah in the harsh mountains of Shaleland.

“Sarah you’re safe,” he shouted in relief when he saw her in a window of a secluded castle.

“Marcus!” she returned with a start, “You must be quiet, George has a dragon guarding the castle”. As if it heard her whisper about him, a huge blue dragon appeared over the castle. He looked horrific and majestic at the same time. His huge scaly wings were unfurled to their entire 20-foot width. The dragon roared and spit a fire ball Marcus’s way. “NO!” Sarah screamed.

The dragon stopped, startled and hovered near the window. Sarah waved a talisman made of the Island ore. The dragon calmed down and stared at the talisman, transfixed. The magic of the ore, increased by their love beat the dragon’s natural impulse to kill.

“I have an idea,” Marcus grinned.

Riding on the dragon’s back the couple made it to Princess Patty’s castle in less then an hour. They had him hide behind a large stack of rocks and Sarah called Patty out of the castle.

“Sarah darling,” Princess Patty began with false concern, “I was so worried.”

“Bull shit cousin. You traded me, your own flesh and blood. How could you? You know what, it doesn’t matter. I’m here to take what’s mine, what I earned. I found something while in the Doyle kingdom. Remember that Peace Pact our parents made? Well turns out in promising you to Prince Doyle you lost control of the Pinewood Islands. Guess whose kingdom this really is?”

“No!” Princess Patty screamed, “They wouldn’t do that to me!”

“Yes cousin, they would and did.” Sarah answered producing a scroll. “And as my first duty I’m sending you back to your kingdom.” She whistled and the dragon sprung from his hiding place. Before Patty could even take a breath to scream he had grabbed her in his talons and whisked her into the air heading back to Shaleland to give Prince George his rightful wife.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
amymom
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,308

Nice story. It kept me reading to find out what happens. I am not good at proofing something if that is what you are looking for, but I found the story interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0162 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]