Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Macho or Not so
CantWait
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Do you consider yourself a macho man, or a not so macho man?

My dh is definetly a macho guy. wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Member No.: 3,764

I would say I am a macho kind of guy, have all the characteristics anyways, anything not so macho I don't let anyone else know about

dry.gif

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I'm a firefighting, bleeding stopping, plumber. I think I'll have a manicure.... NOT>> laugh.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

luvmykids
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (redchief @ Jun 12 2006, 08:21 PM)
I'm a firefighting, bleeding stopping, plumber. I think I'll have a manicure.... NOT>> laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif That cracks me up because DH is very macho, mr. construction and mr. rodeo, but guess where he asked me out on our first date? a nail/tanning salon rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I wish my dh was macho. Right now he's just a big wimp who doesn't cook. laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jun 13 2006, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (redchief @ Jun 12 2006, 08:21 PM)

rolling_smile.gif That cracks me up because DH is very macho, mr. construction and mr. rodeo, but guess where he asked me out on our first date? a nail/tanning salon rolling_smile.gif

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
salmndr007
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,036

I would say that I am (or at least trying to become) a man of steel and velvet. It is actually a book that I am reading by aubrey andelin. I highly recommend it. It has completely changed the way that I think about some things and reinforced others. If you like to read, pick it up...if you don't like to read...read it anyways!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
J-rod
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,233

try ot be in the middle...be what i need to be at the time. if im needed to be sweet and soft...then i be it.... if im needed to be strong and tough...then i am....

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

My S/O is such a child. He's a 10 year old trapped in a 30 year old body. But I love it. He's always cracking me up!! rolling_smile.gif wavey.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
TheOaf66
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

I consider myself a 21 year old in a 31 year old body

cool.gif

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (J-rod @ Jun 13 2006, 09:58 AM)
try ot be in the middle...be what i need to be at the time. if im needed to be sweet and soft...then i be it.... if im needed to be strong and tough...then i am....

Good show J... I'm not so good at sweet and soft, though I do try. My analytical mind insists on getting in the way of my "inner emotions." My CISD counsellor says that's a defense mechanism I've built to deal with bad stuff that happens. dunno.gif

Anyway, thank God I have a wonderful wife who mostly understands me, even when I don't deserve it. blush.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
J-rod
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,233

true....i keep everything bottled up (bad things) then just EXPLODE once.....Steph is doing wonders for me though....helping me deal with things as they come. hence ive been alcohol free since Nov. 9 2005. she bought me the last beer i had...a rolling rock at Winstons Bar watching the davison brothers. lol man i remember it perfectly. lol

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well done! I get in these ruts where I just don't want to deal with people... That's a common problem among my "archtype". Lisa doesn't let me, and she does it subtly, so I don't realize what she's done until I'm having a good time with friends and.... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

AlexsPajamaMama
  Posted: Jun 13 2006, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (J-rod @ Jun 13 2006, 11:39 AM)
true....i keep everything bottled up (bad things) then just EXPLODE once.....Steph is doing wonders for me though....helping me deal with things as they come. hence ive been alcohol free since Nov. 9 2005. she bought me the last beer i had...a rolling rock at Winstons Bar watching the davison brothers. lol man i remember it perfectly. lol

WTG on being alcohol free! horray.gif horray.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

DVFlyer
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

I'm a Macho man trapped in a Not Macho Man's body. biggrin.gif You know.... like a Chihuaua (huh?) who thinks he's a German Shepherd.

Congrats on living in the alcohol free zone, J. smile.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

QUOTE (redchief @ Jun 13 2006, 10:34 AM)

Anyway, thank God I have a wonderful wife who mostly understands me, even when I don't deserve it. blush.gif

I think a lot of us feel that way

thumb.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (TheOaf66 @ Jun 12 2006, 11:29 AM)
I would say I am a macho kind of guy, have all the characteristics anyways, anything not so macho I don't let anyone else know about

dry.gif

He eats Cheetos and nachos with a fork because he doesn't want to get his fingers all icky guys!!! Not so macho on that one dear!

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

TannerBugsMom Posted on Jun 19 2006, 03:17 PM
  QUOTE (TheOaf66 @ Jun 12 2006, 11:29 AM)

He eats Cheetos and nachos with a fork because he doesn't want to get his fingers all icky guys!!! Not so macho on that one dear! 

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Scotty is a nice balance of both. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (redchief @ Jun 13 2006, 11:34 AM)

Good show J... I'm not so good at sweet and soft, though I do try. My analytical mind insists on getting in the way of my "inner emotions." My CISD counsellor says that's a defense mechanism I've built to deal with bad stuff that happens. dunno.gif

Yes I can agree with what Ed said
But to deal with what he deals with day in and day out you have to be that way or you will loose it 100% and not come back.
So I understand smile.gif

But he does have a soft side and I only get to see that wink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
redchief
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Jun 19 2006, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (redchief @ Jun 13 2006, 11:34 AM)

Yes I can agree with what Ed said
But to deal with what he deals with day in and day out you have to be that way or you will loose it 100% and not come back.
So I understand smile.gif

But he does have a soft side and I only get to see that wink.gif

Lisa's the only one I can trust with my soft side. tongue.gif

Thanks hon wub.gif Love you too. wub.gif

--------------------

salmndr007
Posted: Jun 20 2006, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,036

It is funny because both Jess and I have set up defence mechanisms so we become cold to the outside world when bad things happen. Basically we go into our little cave, put up the walls to everyone else and just sit there for a while. It is something that we have each been doing since we were young to try and deal with what is going on outside of us. When we got together, we found that we could immediately open up to each other and expose our soft inner parts and could do so without the fear of being taken advantage of. We have both helped each other out with being able to break down those walls for good, even to the outside world. I used to be a very macho person who wouldn't let anyone in, but with Jess' help, I can now use my not so macho persona out in town and be ok with it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
redchief
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (salmndr007 @ Jun 20 2006, 07:39 AM)
It is funny because both Jess and I have set up defence mechanisms so we become cold to the outside world when bad things happen. Basically we go into our little cave, put up the walls to everyone else and just sit there for a while. It is something that we have each been doing since we were young to try and deal with what is going on outside of us. When we got together, we found that we could immediately open up to each other and expose our soft inner parts and could do so without the fear of being taken advantage of. We have both helped each other out with being able to break down those walls for good, even to the outside world. I used to be a very macho person who wouldn't let anyone in, but with Jess' help, I can now use my not so macho persona out in town and be ok with it.

That's good that you two found each other. I don't know what I'd do without my Lisa. thumb.gif

--------------------

My2Beauties
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

Hey Ed...you're starting to sound like a softie there. tongue.gif

Brian is definitely a macho guy, sometimes more than I would like. It's nice when he kills bugs, changes light bulbs, takes out the trash, fixes things, etc... but not so nice when you argue with someone about how insensitive they can be and they come back with "yep sure am!" dry.gif He has his moments where he says the sweetest, sensitive things, then the next week he irritates me with every non-sensitive thing he can pull off - I think he has PMS once a month blink.gif

For example we're watching reruns of the show Friends last night, where Rachel found out that Ross had a one night stand, Ross said that he thought they were broke-up because she said she needed a break - anyways he basically poured his heart to her and kept trying to tell her how much he loved her and that it would have never happened had he not thought they were broken-up - anywhoo at the end of the whole episode he tries to kiss her and she tells him to leave because she basically can't trust him anymore - so Brian goes "Well I would have said fine if you don't want me then I'll go back to her, she'll take it again!" blink.gif blink.gif Um....huh? I just shook my head and got up and walked away from that one - boy can he be awful sometimes rolleyes.gif He thought it was hilarious of course! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
redchief
Posted: Jun 30 2006, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (hannasmommy @ Jun 27 2006, 06:13 PM)
Hey Ed...you're starting to sound like a softie there. tongue.gif

I got bored and started looking back and just saw your post LeeAnne. I consider myself a macho softie. wink.gif
thumb.gif

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0156 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]