Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Questions
Danalana
Posted: May 30 2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

If mothering was easy, FATHERS would do it.

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,444

I have heard that lubricants can kill sperm and make it harder to conceive. I have to admit, I don't remember if I used it when I got pregnant with Kade or not. I use it sometimes, but not other times. How many of you were using some kind of lubricant when you conceived?
Also...
Did you DTD very much when you were pregnant? Sadly, for DH, we didn't. I was just too scared to after 2 losses (though intercourse was not a factor in either)...I didn't want anything going on down there, if you know what I mean. So, did you? How often?
That's all for now!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
my2monkeyboys
Posted: May 31 2008, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

We didn't use lubricant on either pregnancy, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference. I imagine it would depend on what kind of lubricant you use.
As for DTD, we only did it very few times the first trimester, bc I tended to have some spotting afterwards (due to the cervix being irritated). Once I got through the 1st tri, though, that has stopped. As a matter of fact I've found I tend to be much more in the mood when I'm pregnant.
I understand you holding off during your pregnancy though. I would have been too scared, too. I think when you get pregnant again though that you could try it, very gently, and maybe even wait until the second trimester. You may be surprised how much you enjoy it.
HTH!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: May 31 2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

Supposedly, lubricants kill sperm. But there is one that I have heard of, called Pre-Seed. I would google it to find it.

As for dtd in the first trimester, I don't worry about it, but I am usually too sick to even want it. Like now! puke.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: May 31 2008, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

dunno.gif We use lubricant most of the time. I'm pretty sure we used it when we were TTC Allie, and I know we did when we were TTC with Andrew, because I was still having horrible pain issues then. If you need it, I'd just use it and if you have trouble getting pg then try it without.

We hardly ever DTD when I'm preggo either. blush.gif I just feel too crappy and tired most of the time to even begin to want to. tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 31 2008, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

we never use lubricant during sex blush.gif and yes in the beginning with Autumn we were very active intimately towards the end not so much but only because I was SOOO tired and uncomfortable. I heard that pre-seed is good stuff tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
PrairieMom
Posted: May 31 2008, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I didn't DTD much, we don't usually anyway, but when I was Pg Maybe 1-2 times a month until I was about 20 weeks or so, then I got put on pelvic rest for preterm labor with both my kids.
PM
Crystalina
Posted: Jun 1 2008, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (maestra @ May 31 2008, 06:18 AM)

As for dtd in the first trimester, I don't worry about it, but I am usually too sick to even want it. Like now! puke.gif

Ditto!

We never used lubricants while TTC.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I don't really have any input since we never used lubricants at all, and Ron was away through most of both my pregnancies so sex was never a factor lol. I think though with Anthony he was a little hesitant to want to do anything for fear of hurting me or the baby.

Oh ya and GL TTC wub.gif blahblah.gif wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]