Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Supreme Court Ruling, *warning injury to children*
punkeemunkee'smom
  Posted: Jun 25 2008, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,162

Death Penalty Banned

What do you think? Personally I am disgusted. I do not understand the mentality of statements that "the death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child." or Rape and other crimes "may be as devastating in their harm, as here, but 'in terms of moral depravity and of the injury to the person and to the public,' they cannot be compared to murder in their 'severity and irrevocability,'" It makes me wonder what you would find on this judge's hard-drive..... growl.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Teesa®©
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I'm Canadian, but I believe in the death penalty.

I do agree that pedophiles - as long as it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're guilty - should be put to death. The harm they do lasts for EVER as their little victims will have to live with what happened to them for the rest of their lives.

Putting pedo's on drugs to make them stop, and castrating them isn't the answer. The drugs aren't guaranteed and pedo's will find other ways to abuse children if they don't have that certain "part" anymore.

I do like the fact that they'll be in jail for years first, though. Child molester's are VERY low on the food chain in any jail. They'll be someone else's b---- for a LONG time wink.gif And honestly, that satisfies me more than them being put to death too soon into their sentence.

I, too, often wonder about certain persons in power. In Canada, the legal age of consent for sex is 14 huh.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif growl.gif and yet our GOVERNMENT wants to LOWER it to 12?!?!?!?!?!?!?! growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif WHY???????? Is my Government getting sick of 14 year olds because they're too OLD???? Makes me wanna puke.gif puke.gif
PM
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

***let me say i am about to push some real moral and religous buttons.****

I do not believe someone should have the eye for an eye method for alot of basic crimal acts. Robbery, prostitution, small stuff.
BUT when it comes to murder in the first or rape i very much believe that the offender has earned themselves the punishment of death. I do not believe letting them waste my money by hanging out in a cell block will cause them to spend any time thinking about the victem or the offence they did. I do know that child molesters and child murderers are more susiptable to violance or murder by other inmates ( as supposidly and i quote a news show about this similar topic ""real" murderers and rapeists do not commit acts of murder or rape against children" ) I do not believe that they will be shown punishment in whatever afterlife, this being my personal belief beacuase i am not religous ( my opinion if you believe in heaven or haties or somthing else then that's fine , i respect that) . If it were up to me they would be raped or murdered the same way they commited their rapes and murders. Children are innocent beings and anyone who commits such a crime against a child IMO deserves the worst.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

QUOTE (luvbug00 @ Jun 25 2008, 06:18 PM)
***let me say i am about to push some real moral and religous buttons.****

I do not believe someone should have the eye for an eye method for alot of basic crimal acts. Robbery, prostitution, small stuff.
BUT when it comes to murder in the first or rape i very much believe that the offender has earned themselves the punishment of death. I do not believe letting them waste my money by hanging out in a cell block will cause them to spend any time thinking about the victem or the offence they did. I do know that child molesters and child murderers are more susiptable to violance or murder by other inmates ( as supposidly and i quote a news show about this similar topic ""real" murderers and rapeists do not commit acts of murder or rape against children" ) I do not believe that they will be shown punishment in whatever afterlife, this being my personal belief beacuase i am not religous ( my opinion if you believe in heaven or haties or somthing else then that's fine , i respect that) . If it were up to me they would be raped or murdered the same way they commited their rapes and murders. Children are innocent beings and anyone who commits such a crime against a child IMO deserves the worst.

I agree with you, Nadia (except I do believe in Heaven/Hell) and I also agree with you, Teesa. The fact that ANYONE would think raping a child is "not as bad as killing someone" should need their head examined - truly.
The animals that do that just sicken me, and those that don't want to actually persecute them for it sickens me, as much, if not a little more. growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Teesa®©
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (willsmama @ Jun 25 2008, 07:32 PM)
The fact that ANYONE would think raping a child is "not as bad as killing someone" should need their head examined - truly.

I think it's worse. Not to be rude in ANY way, but when someone's been murdered, their pain is over. The poor child is going to suffer in many different ways. Trust issues, crowd issues, love issues, I'm sure I could go on and on.

Just let me in a room for FIVE minutes with ANY pedo......... growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif
PM
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Absolutely - the family may grieve for their loved one, but at least personally it's over. For those who live through/with it - well, I just can't imagine. bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (willsmama @ Jun 25 2008, 04:32 PM)
I agree with you, Nadia (except I do believe in Heaven/Hell) and I also agree with you, Teesa. The fact that ANYONE would think raping a child is "not as bad as killing someone" should need their head examined - truly.
The animals that do that just sicken me, and those that don't want to actually persecute them for it sickens me, as much, if not a little more. growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif

Ditto, and it's in these cases I'm grateful for my belief in he** because I know they're spending eternity there growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
punkeemunkee'smom
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,162

I truly believe that the judges that hand down light, slap on the wrist sentences should be held 110% accountable for these monsters when they re-offend. As far as the death penalty goes...Why leave them alive?what do they possibly have to offer the world when they are sick and evil enough to rape a child!? growl.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0245 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]