Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Thieving starts early
grapfruit
  Posted: Jun 12 2008, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,476

Teachers report ID theft

Let me mention, this school is 4th-6th only....

This post has been edited by grapfruit on Jun 12 2008, 06:57 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Wow - that is awful young for identity theft! 6th grade is what, about 11, 12, maybe 13?
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jun 12 2008, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Jun 12 2008, 06:49 AM)
Wow - that is awful young for identity theft! 6th grade is what, about 11, 12, maybe 13?

I was 12 in 6th grade I believe. I would of NEVER thought about something like that.

As a side note, there's no part of town that's REALLY bad, like you can't drive down, or walk down the street. Really, Piqua isn't THAT big, about 20K. This school, just so happens to be where I went to JH. Then it was 6th, 7th, and 8th. The city went to a different format (1 kindergarten for the entire district, 3 1st-3rd, 3 4th-6th (like Bennett) and 1 JH (we had 2 forever) and 1 HS). This school is in the poorer end of town.

About 4 years ago I worked at a company that was part of a tutoring program for Bennett. I went once or twice a week for about an hour to tutor students. Wow, it was sad. I had 4th or 5th graders and they could barely read. Like seriously, on a 1st or 2nd grade level. I was shocked. Math? Forget it. We're lucky if we could get them to do 5+5. It was frustrating and exhusting. While I would say I saw improvements, some of the things the girl I tutored would tell me, shocked me. There was absolutly NO help from home. No interaction. I wondered if her parents had the same education level.... sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0073 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]