Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Plastic Surgery
mammag
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

I wasn't sure if I should post this in women's health or here in Beauty and Fashion but anyway.... (if you aren't comfortable discussing on the board, you can pm me also)

After I am done breastfeeding Keegan, which will be at least until he is 1 but probably until about 18mos., I am planning to get breast implants. I've also always wanted to get Rhinoplasty. I was wondering if anyone has had either of these procedures done and would be willing to give me the pros and cons and any tips you may have in making my decision.

My reason for wanting implants is mainly because I was small already (barely A) and after bfing 4 children (or when I'm done with Keegan that is) I am small and loose. If I could stay the way I look now, while I'm bfing, I'd be perfectly happy but they are so hideous when I'm not bfing that I don't feel like a woman.

The nose has been an issue since I was a kid. I have the bump on the nose which just doesn't look feminine to me. I've heard this procedure is really painful though.

I know that if I do both procedures at the same time I can save money because certain fees (anesthesia etc.) would only be charged once. I am planning to pay cash for the implants but was considering getting the Rhinoplasty financed or saving a while longer and paying that in cash also.

Anyway, if you have any advice or things I should look into and think about before hand I would appreciate it. (I like to know everything there is to know before I do anything.)

TIA

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
GavinsMommy
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

I don't think the rhinoplasty is bad, but implants...they're horrible. My aunt has them, but she is lucky and hasn't had problems with them. If you go on sites that have before and afters...just about all of the BEFORE pictures look BETTER. LOL...it's amazing how horrible they can look.

Not only that, but you HAVE to replace them every 8-10 years. That's a lot of money just for boobs. Especially when they can cause you all kinds of health problems.

Mine aren't like they used to be, but I'm never going to get them. My health means more to me than the potential danger of the implants basically poisoning my body. Even saline isn't safe anymore. Also, like I said, you have to replace them and when you're ancient and wrinkled, you'll have these amazing breasts. Not something I'd like to think about... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

just as long as your doing it for yourself then go for it
But make sure thats what you want.
I'm in the same boat as you with the boobs that is, yeah you dont have much but what I do have I like for many reasons lol

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

Mommy2BAK
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

I haven't had either, but I know many who have had breast ogumenation and they have never had any problems, honestly I have found that you get what you pay for, as long as you go to a great place to get it done, I think you should have great results!

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Jamison'smama
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

2 of my sister-in-laws have implants--they both look nice but one is very very thin and she says you can feel the seam around the edge. The other is average size and she looks fine--bigger than my taste but fine.

My DH had somewhat of a nosejob--septoplasty with a little cosmetic bump shaving. Was painful and UGLY for a while but the drugs kept him happy.

I definately want a boob lift/reduction after this nursling is finished.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PascosGirl
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,590

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Apr 3 2005, 05:54 PM)
2 of my sister-in-laws have implants--they both look nice but one is very very thin and she says you can feel the seam around the edge. The other is average size and she looks fine--bigger than my taste but fine.

My DH had somewhat of a nosejob--septoplasty with a little cosmetic bump shaving. Was painful and UGLY for a while but the drugs kept him happy.

I definately want a boob lift/reduction after this nursling is finished.

Just so you know, a lift is actually more difficult than a plain on boob job. Lifts also don't last.

If you go to the right doctor and don't get enormously huge breasts, you should be fine.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
Jamison'smama
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (PascosGirl @ Apr 3 2005, 10:18 PM)
Just so you know, a lift is actually more difficult than a plain on boob job. Lifts also don't last.

Well the reduction should do the trick--I have VERY stretched skin--I couldn't care less about perky boobs anymore I just want them not to tuck into my jeans which I KNOW they will do if I nurse this little one for 2 years like my last.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

ITA Brenda!!! I want to get a small reduction and a lift!!!!

Mammaq..hun..I think someone else said it best, for the most part you get what you pay for and I've seen many boob jobs that have turned out nice. Good for you!!!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I worked for a top plastic surgeon...one of the best in his field. He was truly an artist. biggrin.gif He was SO GOOD, you couldn't see incisions and everything was symmetrical everytime. (this is how it should be, right?)

With that being said, I never saw one person leave there unhappy. thumb.gif He also had a lot of returning customers/patients. wink.gif So, do your research and find a good one. Like others have said, you get what you pay for. Talk to some other women that have had this done (in your area) and see who they used. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Good luck!

PMEmail Poster
Mandasmomma
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,492

I've done these surgeries - but not on myself...I am an OR nurse...my best friend is a plastic surgeon.

You will save if having both done - more on the time in the OR, anesthesia is billed by time as well usually now-a-days along with a flat fee supply charge.

Implants are running about 700 around here - each that is. You will also get a break if you pay the doctor in cash, usually. happy.gif Go for saline, they are adjustable!! (larger or bigger while the drains are in) Look thru magazines to get pictures before you see the doctor - and bring them with you.

BUT, think good and hard about this - if you at any time think you want your tubes tied - or any other elective procedure - if you have that done at the same time as the other procedures, not plastic - then if the other doctor works before the plastic surgeon - the isurance will pay for the OR and anesthesia - and you would just pay the implants. (This is because they can not differentiate the time used for each procedure. wink.gif

HTH!!
Kelly

--------------------
Kelly Mom to:
Angel baby Katelyn 5/25/01 and
Miracle girl Amanda 3/22/02

Our Angel Katelyn
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Amanda Rose was born on 3/22/02
Lilypie Baby Ticker

center>Bob and Kelly
Daisypath Ticker
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

after I get done having kids I want to get a boob job (probably implants and a lift) and maybe even a tummy tuck depending on how well my body does after I lose all my weight... dh doesn't believe in it but if it makes you look and feel better i say GO for it. Also Lauren implants are a LOT better now than they use to be especially since they switched to saline! I have done a pretty good bit of research because I have always been small wink.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 5 2005, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I've never had either so no help here.

I had to laugh at those who want breast jobs after nursing.....it's not the nursing that does it to your breasts it's pregnancy that makes them sag wink.gif.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Apr 6 2005, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

This is my take on it, I would never have plastic surgery myself but I won't say anything about those who want it done. I have friends who have had implants and they are ok for now, but they are still in their 20's, I know other women who are older and have had major major problems, pain, numbness, loss of feeling in their breasts, having to have them redone, etc...they have spend way too much money on their boobs if you ask me wink.gif But like Aimee said and everyone else do your research very wisely, don't just jump into this with any doctor! Those are worst case scenarios and I'm sure other older women are perfectly happy with them. The Rhinoplasty is different to me, if you're that unhappy with it then I say go for it, It different because it is right on your face and people can be cruel, as far as boobs though just don't get too much, most guys don't like the fake boob look if to be honest, at least guys I know and normally you can really tell! wink.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0172 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]