Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jeanie's Starting Over Journal
mammag
Posted: May 26 2006, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

Well, this is it....things have got to change. I am starting this in hopes that it will be that bit of motivation that I need to get off my biscuits and get my body back.

I'll start out with my starting info....

5'3" 126.5 lbs.

Not horribly fat but not the body I think I'm going to see each time I look in the mirror. You see, I've been working out since 1990. I've read so many books and magazines. I know the right things to do....what to eat, exercises I should be doing, etc......the problem is, I'm not doing them.

My first problem is I'm an emotional eater...sad=eat, excited=eat, bored=eat. I've just been down lately so I have been eating even more. Nothing major going on, no troubles, just in a slight depression that makes me feel like doing nothing. I've been slacking on fitness, housework, teaching....so that is all going to change as well but this is for my fitness record.

The first thing I'm going to change is......NO SODA! EEK! unsure.gif blink.gif I think the whole family is addicted to it. I've been feeling bad watching that show "Honey we're killing the kids" because I know they drink too much of it now and I do also. I informed them today and their reaction was much the same as mine is internally. I'm actually having a lot of anxiety of this...Isn't that insane??

I'm going to workout tonight come what may. If we don't get time for doing weights then I'll just do aerobics for 30mins. I have to go to the grocery store tonight. I should be going now but I feel like I want dh there with me to help me stay with healthier items. Saying this I see what a real problem I have with food now.

So anyway, I want to stop this now before I wake up one day 50lbs. overweight and severly depressed. I want back my tight body, my old energy levels, my motivation to do things.....

So the plan......

*Drink lots of water.

*Eat healthy (not following any diet plans except making sure I get my body weight in protein each day - will work with carbs later but I know I get close to the right amount there when I've logged my food before).

*Workouts - M, W, F, 1 weekend day - weights; T, T, 1 weekend day aerobics
Saturday (I think starting in June) Jiu-Jitsu Women's Class

I know this was really long and I will try to keep things short but thought I should give a background to start from and get some plans written. I think by doing this I will feel like I'm being held accountable and be more likely to stick with it.

Here we go..............................

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: May 26 2006, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

thumb.gif Good for you Jeanie, it feels great to re-commit. I just did this too and after going to one meeting (weight watchers) I feel and know that I can do this again. Your plan of action sounds good. I look forward to seeing you melt away.

Terri

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: May 27 2006, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well, so far so good. I've been drinking lots of water today and am doing weights at 6:30 tonight. I did have a massive headache from caffeine withdrawal this morning but it seems better now. That has been the roughest so far. I'm so used to just going to the fridge and grabbing a soda while I sit and watch tv. I bought myself some Dentyne gum to make me feel like I'm getting a sweet.

I was really proud of myself this morning. When I went to make my protein shake this morning I was out of OJ, which is what I normally put it in. My first thought was to get a big piece of bread and one of the remaining sodas from the box but I didn't. I made the protein in milk instead. It was actually not too bad. The only bad thing is that it was more filling so I felt a little sick after drinking 16oz. of it.

The weather helped a lot today. It was so nice out that I couldn't help being in good spirits and ready to go!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

mammag
Posted: May 27 2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Just finished my workout. redbounce.gif We are splitting upper body and lower body to build up our conditioning before lifting heavy. We do 3 sets of each exercise 10-15 reps:

Bench Press
Incline Fly
Lat Pulldown
Seated Row
Standing Shoulder Press
Side Laterals
Shrugs
Hanging Knee Raises
Exercise Ball Crunches

It was a tough workout but I feel really good afterwards. Now I get to have another protein drink....oh goodie.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: May 29 2006, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well, the day started off great. I did my lower body/arms workout:

3X Squats
3X Seated leg extension
3X Romanian dead lifts
4X Standing Calf raises
4X Barbell Arm Curls
4X Scull Crushers

That took 2hrs. and at the end was tough because Keegan was awake and wouldn't just stay with the older kids upstairs so they all had to come down to the basement which makes it very hard to focus.

Then I had a big protein shake.

I went to my parents house though and ate way too much....steak, hot dog, baked potato, salad, and 2 cans of beer.......oops! I'm not beating myself up about it though because it is a special day.

I've been doing okay without the soda but did have to have a cup of coffee the last two mornings because I couldn't wake up and had a bad headache. I could drink diet but it just puts me in a soda drinking mode and then I want the real thing. Plus I don't drink enough water when I'm drinking diet. So for now, I'll just drink one cup of coffee in the morning to get a wake me up.

Okay, off to get myself a big glass of ice water....

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: May 30 2006, 05:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

You are doing great, Jeanie cheerleader.gif . Taking it one day at a time works the best for me.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well, the eating is going really well. I had a small portion of spaghetti with a chicken breast for dinner last night. I haven't had anything yet this morning but am going to make a protein drink and some oatmeal here in a minute. I've been drinking lots of water. Chris said I'm already looking better, I think just because the muscles are tight right now so everything appears firmer. I'm also probably loosing some water weight because I'm drinking so much so that will make me look smaller.

It seems I lifted a little TOO heavy with the leg workout. I think it was the squats that did it. Anyway, on day 4 I am still really tight and my hamstrings are sore. I didn't get to do my workout yesterday because the kid I watch didn't get picked up until 7:30 and I was starving by then and needed to eat. Also, Kristen was giving me attitude so I couldn't have her watch Keegan. I'm going to do the Eliptical this morning for sure and hopefully that will loosen up my legs a bit. I'm going to have to go down in weight for the next leg workout I think.

This weekend I'm going to take measurments and decide what my goals are there...where I need to lose and where I need to gain. I'm sure I will want to lose a couple of inches off my waist and butt, probably stay the same measurement for my thighs (lose the fat, gain muscle) and gain in my upper body. I want to have exact numbers to give me a better idea of my progress. I am officially going with Shelly's (Jennasmom) plan of not weighing for a while so that I don't demotivate myself.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Just got done on the Eliptical. I did 3 miles in just over 33 minutes so about 11min/mile. My goal is to do it in 30mins and then start going up in miles.

I feel good to have it done. Today is a busy day with ice skating and then Jiu-Jitsu so if I didn't do it early it wouldn't get done. The kids got to play outside while I was doing it. Now we have to get as much school done as we can before time to leave.

Oh, and I didn't have my protein drink when I said I was going to so I'm going to have one now so I don't lose muscle from doing the aerobics.

I'm so proud of myself today! blush.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

You can do it. I am an emotional eater as well, thats one of big biggest things I have to concor.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

thumb.gif Great job on getting the exercise in early, I really have to try getting up early to do it.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Did 3miles on the Eliptical again this morning.

Food:

1c coffee
Bowl of Oatmeal
Protein Shake

24oz water

I have a cheese pizza in the oven blush.gif but I'm only going to have 2 pieces. I've been working out enough that it won't hurt.

Doing upper body workout tonight.

I feel like I'm already seeing a change. I can see my biceps and triceps much better and it looks like my upper things are less jiggly. Now mind you, this isn't a change anyone else would notice....though dh said I'm looking good sans clothes. blush.gif The major areas will be a long way to seeing a big improvement but I'm happy with each little change. I'm sure it is water I'm losing and the muscles are pumped up from working out so much but hey, I'll take it!!!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 2 2006, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I'm having a really bad munchies moment right now. The chocolate ice cream is calling me. I know why too... Chris didn't feel like working out tonight and I was really looking forward to it. I lift too heavy to do it without a spotter so I have to wait. We are going to get up at 5:00 in the morning and do it. Luckily I did my aerobics so I'm not AS down as I would have been. Anyway, my disappointment is making me want to sit and eat. And I desperately want a soda so I'm glad there is none in the house right now. I'm going to drink a big glass of water and see if that helps.

For dinner I had grilled chicken and dirty rice along with a salad. If it gets so bad that I give in I will just get a little scoop but I'm going to try and hold out. Perhaps I'll eat a banana with my water.

Tomorrow we are going to pack chicken sandwiches to take with us to Jiu-Jitsu. We normally would be eating out on a Saturday so we need to have something with us so we aren't as tempted. We will still eat out every now and then but not every week. It will also do wonders for our budget I'm sure.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 4 2006, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Still doing well... been working out twice a day now. Eliptical one session, weights the next. We switched our workouts from Upper and Lower body to the old split.

Yesterday we did Chest & Triceps. We are going to do Back today. I may skip aerobics though because I'm pretty tired.

Eating wasn't great yesterday but Sat. is supposed to be our cheat day so compared to the old cheat days it was okay. We got a Papa Murphy pizza which was sooooo good. He also bought 3 2ltrs of Coke so now it's in the house. I had a glass with lunch but didn't get any more. It was surprisingly not as good as I remembered it to be. I guess I'm getting used to water and now it's almost as good. I'm going to save the other two for next Sat. The kids have been doing really well with it here as well. I thought they would be asking for it constantly.

For breakfast I had a Red chilli and beans chimichanga.

Well, I'm going to get Keegan down for a nap so I can get to working out now.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, I guess the first starting high is wearing down. I'm not as gungho as I was there for a week or so. I had a hard time being motivated to do it yesterday. I did do my Eliptical in the morning and Shoulders and Biceps in the evening but it was hard to get down there.

Also, while we were working out last night I was watching some show that she was making a Shrimp Boil..........man did I want to go upstairs and make one myself. Luckily I didn't have the supplies. Just sounds sooooo good....shrimp, potatos, corn on the cob, sausage, beer, and old bay........is there any dreamier combination??? yummy.gif

Tonight is going to be tough. We switched our schedule, like I said, and we are supposed to do 4days on, one day off. The problem is tonight I will be at Jiu-Jitsu for 2 hours so we have to do it late and it's going to be tough to keep the motivation to get down there and do it. Especially since tonight is legs which is always a tough workout! The good thing will be if I do it tonight then tomorrow will be an off day when I have no activities and I'll get the whole evening to do as I wish.

All I've had this morning was a cup of coffee and a bit of a chocolate chip waffle that Keegan didn't finish. I have to go make some breakfast now. I'm deciding whether I want to have a protein drink now or make eggs. I'll probably go with eggs since I have to drink a protein shake after I do the Eliptical anyway.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

mammag
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 03:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Can I just pretend yesterday didn't happen????

It was a VERY bad day. I never did get around to doing the Eliptical. I talked to Chris later and he said that he wanted to just wait and do legs today (so much for the schedule rolleyes.gif ) so I figured I'd just wait and do the Eliptical after Jiu-Jitsu. However by that time I was so frustrated with the way my day was going that all I wanted to do was go home and eat. Unfortunately I'm low on groceries so I didn't really have anything to make a complete meal.....lot's of bits and pieces of things that don't go together. So Chris says "so what? are you wanting to go get something to eat?" Of course being not in the best mood, I jumped on that one and said SURE! Well, I ended up getting that Wendy's Cheesburger meal I've been dreaming about. And you know, they got the order wrong and gave me a Jr. cheeseburger instead which I should have taken as a sign but NO I had to drive around and get the right thing.

I'm really quite frustrated with myself. Chris said not to be too hard on myself but the thing is, if I'm not it will make it easier to do again the next time. The worst part is that we are on more of a budge right now so that was just a double whammy considering the $20 I spent there would have bought stuff for several meals.

So, back to the plan today. I had my coffee this morning to get me going and I've got to just make the right decisions today.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Hugs to you Jeanie, sometimes life throws us lemons and we do the best we can to make lemonade or lemon pie. hug.gif Remember we can only change what is infront of you not what has passed. You will do better today.

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Good morning everyone! I am remotivated today. I've been doing pretty good eating, also pretty good with working out.

I have a small accomplishment that I am proud of. Last night was legs and I did 155lbs. for 6 reps. I think I could do more with my legs but don't know if I could hold it up with my upper body. My new goal is to increase my upper body strength. I'm going to start upping the weights every other week for a while on upper body exercises.

I've still yet to buy a new tape measure since my mysteriously disappeared (I'm guessing somewhere in Kristen's room). I know I'm loosing though because I put on a pair of Old Navy 4's and they are starting to get looser. I had to tighten the side adjustments. redbounce.gif I'd like to get into a size 2 from Old Navy. My legs could it's that caboose of mine that really needs some work. rolleyes.gif

Well, off to get some water and get the school books together.....

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

Good Luck!! wavey.gif wavey.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 16 2006, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Things are still going well. I got my grill fixed (Thank you dh!) and I grilled steak last night, chicken the night before, and I'll probably grill myself a chicken for lunch.

I did want to share with you all.....I got this water bottle that I LOVE!!

It is a Camelbak Water Bottle. It is leakproof and I just carry it around everywhere. It holds 24 oz. but lists the measurements at 8, 16, & 24 so you know about how much you've had. DH had one first and I liked it so much so I got my own. Now the kids all want one. They come in lots of colors (I got pink, dh has black). I find it easier to drink all my water with this.

The blue thing flips down.

This post has been edited by mammag on Jun 16 2006, 05:58 AM

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jun 16 2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Way to go Jeannie, that bottle looks cool. Right now I am using a regular bottle of water that holds 1.5 litres / 48oz and I drink 2 of those at least a day. I would love to find a bottle like yours that holds what mine does. I found I didn't get up enough to refill the smaller ones and never got my water in. Cool bottle.

Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

Terri smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well, fiddle dee dee....I've gotten a stomach virus! dry.gif

I didn't work out lastnight and I'm not feeling well enough to work out today either. I'm eating good still and trying to get lots of water. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be ready to go again. This stinks!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Feel better soon Jeanie!! hug.gif
I love the new water bottle! Pink is my fave, its always more fun to drink all your water for the day when its out of a cool bottle! laugh.gif
Great job by the way on sticking to eatting well and working out!! thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
mammag
Posted: Jun 17 2006, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thank you! hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jun 17 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Oh yuk, stomach bugs are no fun. Take care, rest up and get well soon. hug.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well, I still have no idea what I'm weighing or measuring.....maybe subconsciously I don't want to know and that's why I forget to my a tape measure every time I go to the store.

Just from looking in the mirror and based on how my clothes fit, I'm thinking I haven't changed much since last week. I'm a little bloated and crampy today but the pants fit the same.

I did the elliptial yesterday and then did a back workout last night. I won't be able to do anything today because of iceskating and Jiu-Jitsu but I may take a walk or something with the kids just to get some movement in.

At least I'm not sick anymore and am getting back on track, that makes me feel good.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0153 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]