Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Low blood pressure
Teesa®©
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

My blood pressure is 89 - normal pressure is 120. Anyone have any idea's on how to raise it? Everything I could find on the 'net was how to lower mad.gif

I tried doing the opposite of lowering it, but it didn't work emlaugh.gif Getting myself all worked up and stressed out won't help because I already am, lol.

I did the test at Shopper's, and the weird thing is we walked there. It's a good half an hour hike and I walk fast. You'd think it would be higher just due to that, and if it was, well, heck, I'd hate to find out what it would have been had we taken the car wacko.gif blink.gif
PM
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

are you sure it was 89?
I don't think you need to raise it. Low is good. Normal is something like 120 / 60. Are you sure you weren't looking at the bottom number?
PM
Teesa®©
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

It was 89 / something, I don't remember what the other number was, I was waiting for DD's RX to be called and I was stuck in the machine rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif wub.gif I had to ask the other lady who was waiting to go up and tell them the machine was eating my arm, but I'd be there in a few, lol.
PM

Calimama
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (Teesa®© @ Mar 27 2008, 03:29 PM)
I had to ask the other lady who was waiting to go up and tell them the machine was eating my arm, but I'd be there in a few, lol.

LOL emlaugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Like Tara said, low isn't usually bad. Mine has been as low as 80/50 before and my doctor was okay with it because mine is naturally lower than average. Do you have a history of low blood pressure?
PMEmail Poster
Teesa®©
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I'm not sure if I have a history of that or not. I never think to ask what it is at the doc's and they don't usually tell you unless something's wrong. Plus, I hadn't had a doc for at least a decade before this one.

I have to make an appointment soon anyway. I'm due for my yearly and I found out that my mum is border-lining on diabetes and it runs in the family. None of us are even remotely large people. It's apparently a 1/10 chance of getting it without the usually causes and we're all apparently the 1. Cancer also runs in the family, too. There was something else too.... oh, Glaucoma. I don't know if it runs in families too, but several of us have it.

I hope they can't fit me in next week. Monday is both children's dentist app'ts and Wed is DD's Optometrist. It's going to be busy.

I wonder if low blood pressure could be the cause of my fatigue? I'll have to do more reading up on it.
PM
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Are you having medical issues related to it being lower ?(like passing out, diziness, etc) If not, consider yourself lucky that it's low! Mine was very low (usually 90/70) before I had Olivia. Unfortunately, it raised dangerously in the last trimester and never resolved to a low number again. I get to take meds for the rest of my life~yeah me! the only issue I ever had when it was low was sometimes my blood draw took too long at the bloodmobile rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

I'm not sure of my numbers but I've always had super low blood pressure. When I've been in the hospital, those stupid machines are forever going off because I guess they think I'm dying since my pressure is so low. Drives me NUTS!!! Since I don't have any other issues, then it's good.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
Teesa®©
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ Mar 27 2008, 07:43 PM)
Are you having medical issues related to it being lower ?(like passing out, diziness, etc) If not, consider yourself lucky that it's low! Mine was very low (usually 90/70) before I had Olivia. Unfortunately, it raised dangerously in the last trimester and never resolved to a low number again. I get to take meds for the rest of my life~yeah me! the only issue I ever had when it was low was sometimes my blood draw took too long at the bloodmobile rolleyes.gif

No passing out or dizziness, but once... ummm... not sure but around a few weeks ago or more, I stood up a little too fast and saw both stars AND birds. That was kinda kewl in a yeah-I'm-weird-and-I-know-it kind of way, laugh.gif

I know for sure I have Glaucoma because my Optometrist informed me, other than that, I'm all healthy as far as I know. I don't eat enough or properly enough, so my body's a little snarky on that, but other-wise healthy. We're still in a bit of financial distress, so it's either I eat or the children eat, and there's just no contest there.

Thanks everyone for letting me know it's OK. Unless my doc says there's something else going on that's causing it and it's not OK, I won't worry.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Oh, I'm Anaemic, too, would that cause low blood pressure? The long drawing blood made me remember that because being Anaemic, my blood's thin and I can fill the vials up pretty quickly.
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

My BP is extremely low like that, you're fine wink.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Have you considered potassium supplements? for your fatigue I mean.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0092 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]